SsangYong Actyon 2007-2011

SsangYong Actyon 2007-2011

3.5

Bob

BobMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fail seen em flip over towing caravan on the Hum looe after overtaking semi then jacknife too could

Dangerous lost control overtaking semi and jackknifed could have killed occupants motor is to small hazardous vechile stay away much better land crusier Nissan's patrol or Mitsubishi Pajero many choices but this is not suitable tow platform.Should be tested more throughly cant even imagine how they imported here.If overturned would be dead

BadgeDont kniw
    TransmissionAuto
    Date PurchasedFeb 2008
    Caddu

CadduPerth, WA

Great reliable Car

Bought this car second hand whit 80k km . The Actyon 2007 is 2.3 petrol Mercedes engine I did service every 10/15000 other than that tyre super reliable and very affordable I love in long drive did over 700km in one go no trouble at all . Fuel consumption is very good considering the size . I understood even if is the brand is not popular the car give same pleasure and reliability of a Benz . Love it

BadgeActyon
    Date PurchasedJan 2018
    Steve

SteveAlbion Park

Actyon sports ute.

We bought our ute in 2012 after being recommended by a Korondo Driver. It lived up to its capabilities and more until 91,000 kilometres. The gearbox had to be replaced. By then we were just at the four year mark and out of warranty. Ssangyong Australia and the dealer would not have been anymore evasive if they tried. So we had sourced a secondhand gearbox. Now the fuel pump is being replaced.
    This vehicle is not value for money in my opinion parts are hard to come by and very expensive.

Date PurchasedFeb 2012

Beelzebubbles

BeelzebubblesAU

Surprisingly impressive!

BadgeSPR
    Date PurchasedJul 2017
    Grant

GrantSydney Surrounds, NSW

Biggest Heap Of Crap I've Ever Bought!!!

BadgeI would pay you to take it, and I'd throw in a case of beer too !
    Date PurchasedJul 2015
    leigh

leighIpswich

After sales service

How long does it take to get the head bolts from Korea?
    I've been waiting more than 4 months! Do you have any spares in Australia?
    I'm currently dealing with Blue Ribbon Motors located at Yamanto (Ipswich area), at this point I will no longer recommended your cars to friends and as soon as I get these bolts, I will have nothing to do with your dealerships and source these item directly from Korea. As I can get items sent within 1-2 weeks

Badgeaction sports ute
    Date PurchasedMay 2014

dreamermanSydney

Great vehicle. Value for money.

Great car to drive around after getting used to the granny gears. Used it as a daily ride with a few long distance trips. Plenty of power for a 2.0L despite its weight. Internals are bolted down quiet well with very little vibrations/noise from dash or doors. Acceptable cabin noise. No issues since new except for recent transmission cold start problems. Happened after the second scheduled service where it is hard getting into gear and shifting between gears when cold in the morning. Fine after 10mins of driving. Will be sending it to the dealer for warranty work in a few days. Will update.

BadgeSX

BadgeLimited
    Mainey..

Mainey..Busselton

14,OOO km round Aussie trip

Last year did a 16,000 km trip up to the tip of Cape York, this year only did 14,000 km trip round Aussie :)

6 weeks and 23 fuel stops with an average of 8.6 km pr 100 kms, considering I did some 4WD tracks and beach trips with the 130 kph speed limit in NT I'm more than happy with the economy of the Actyon.
    It has a 70 lt Fridge/Freezer and 2 x 100 ah deep cycle batteries in the back, it carried all the camping gear and food etc.
    I keep an oil filter removal tool & replacement oil filter in my tool box, so I can change the oil filter anywhere, or have it done by a bush mechanic when traveling.
    Have no reservations in recommending this model 4WD unless you need a huge capacity 4WD for towing.

Semi-good

I love the car, both look and performance, but after 4 years and only 35000 km I got a nasty problem: a screeching noise under the car, not really sure where, which happens accelerating. If I release the gas and press down again, stops, to start again re-accelerating. Initially a mechanic thought was the differential, 'cos the noise seemed to come from that part, so it was taken off and thoroughly checked, but it was fine. Now another mechanic said it sounds like the gearbox (automatic, 4 gears), but just to check it (revision it?) will cost as much as the actual value of the car... with the possibility that the problem is not that one...
    Did anybody else have such an issue?
    I read the gearbox is made in AU, does anybody know by who?

bill mck

bill mck

limp mode

my vehicle 110ks goes into limp mode replaced boost pressure sensor (200 bucks) 50ks later doing same..now just driving and when it goes into limp ,mode pull of road ,rest for a minute and restart.seems to go ok till the next time//i dont think the experts know what the trouble is..Check Lite comes on.i ignore now..will run it till it stops then scrap it..been a good car but as i said the computer tester can come up with anything.without any guarantee.....
    that didnt work,,AH something else shows. tch tch not good enough Money for guessing

Product & warranty support

I agree with one of the above reviewes ssangong should be promoting the ssangyong products more my personal experience in dealing with Sanyong through the dealer has been great they have gone out of there way to help I have no hesertation recomending the ssangyong to any body

On our 7th Year.....

igottabigun

igottabiguntin can bay

2007 actyon Reliable

The best car ive ever owned , not an exillarating car but very economical, very reliable. I've travelled 123000 klms without any problems, these are very good cars, i have only used 4wd twice but it had no problems and was easy to use on fraser island, i think people wanted me to get stuck but i got to the cape and back without any issues.
    reliable
    a little under powered

Good

Great car with commanding robust looks and a lot of road presence. It is an attention-seeker and a head-turner. If the car runs on CNG, it can help reduce the running cost incurred from petrol consumption.
    The styling is great with a flavour of a coupe. The interior is BMW-like and the road-noise is pleasantly very quiet.
    The car is 1.9 tons heavy which makes fuel consumption high.

Maria39

At 7.6 Litres per 100klm, it is very hard to find acheaper to run Turbo Diesel. The petrol model is thirsty I hear

Maria39Adelaide

Great on fuel, value for money

At 7.6 Litres per 100klms it is a money saver. I have done 900 klms with one tank (75 lits).
    It is not a performance car, but tows better than my boyfriend's Triton. Has heaps of torque to tow.
    I heard the dealer charges a lot for servicing, but I don't use the dealer.
    Great Fuel economy, Torque, Very reliable
    Turbo Lag when first taking off

Naren777

Naren777Australia

Good

Love it. It's a head turner and uncommon. Has that love it or hate it looks. It isn't SUV wannabe like the Forester, Qashqai, Tucson, Sportage. Pictches and rolls a bit (but that's what SUVs do...duh). Good high speed stability on the straights but not a vehicle you'd want to throw into a corner or a bend. Will likely keep it for a good many years.
    Its road presence, sturdy feel, one of a kind look ("get outta my way"), comfort and in-cabin quietness, Merc reliability.
    A bit of a drinker because it weighs in around close to 2 tonnes. Not much else.