Stihl FS 130 / FS 130R

tim_and_sarahAU

Does good work

Date PurchasedDec 2016

3 year - 2 broken 130R engines

I couldnt be less happy with my 130R engine, the first one was plagued with starting problems and fuel leaking through the carb. It was eventually replaced, the new one developed similar problems and has now (after just over two years) died all together and is beyond economical repair!
    I'd stick to the 90 series of engines, more than man enough for the job, lighter and easier to start.
    Powerful
    Heavy and utterly unreliable.

Andrew Brushcutter

Andrew BrushcutterGrafton

Stihl FS 130

A gutsy brushcutter when it worked... I have replaced the shortblock engine when the exhaust valve stem broke and now I have to replace the whole brushcutter as it has happened again, both in aproximatly two years. My Stihl mechanic said it was not uncommon for the 4-Mix to have this expensive problem. As I have always used a Stihl as a semi professional brushcutter I will replace it with a Stihl but certainly not the FS130, prehaps the FS240
    Great power to weight ratio and when running well it was easy start
    Major mechanical failures with with long down times.

Petrol Whipper Snippers