Stihl FS 200

Stihl FS 200

4.3

Damn good Workhorse

Date PurchasedJul 1998

top marks for the old dog

Had mine for 18 years and still going strong. It broke down once and cost me less than 20pound to repair. Ive had a few new models and dont match my old f 200 at all. I hope it last another ten years as id struggle buying another old model in good condition

Vic1977

Vic1977AU

Overrated

Bought this after looking at many other machines on the market and seeing other brands that I had never heard of although many people have told me they were good. I purchased Stihl because I had heard of the name. But the I must say I didn't really like it. After I bought it i found out they are now made in china and are no longer like the units Stihl used to be ten years ago, they are now designed to throw away not repair, mine is in for repair now and I was told it isnt worth fixing. I am throwing mine away and buying an Echo.
    Looks good, light weight and cheap
    Expensive repairs, made in china now designed to throw away when something goes wrong as the parts for repair are worth more then the unit itself

Petrol Whipper Snippers

Find out how Stihl FS 200 compares to other Petrol Whipper Snippers

Good

Ensure that the fuel is fresh and it is an excellent brushcutter which will handle all of the tough jobs.
    very powerful. tough and durable machine.
    i have found that it is very fussy with fuel. fuel needs to be fresh otherwise it wont want to go.

Humd1nger

Humd1ngerAU

Tough as nails

brians5Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Rishi

Rishiasked

Dear Sir
    I understand that FS 200 is no more being manufactured.
    Kindly provide me
    1. the OME part for a head trimmer for the FS 200 and cost
    2. Which colour nylon is best ? orange/white/gree for thich grass 30 cm tall

Robert E.

Robert E.asked

how much do they retail for?

Year 1998, USA, @ $385

michael

michaelasked

What is the power of the fs 200, I want to compare it to the fs 260 that I am considering buying??

brians5

I've used an FS 200 for 25 years and it is still strong. I gave it to my son and bought a new one last year for my daughter. It is 36cc with the FS 260, the replacement, the same. Both are beautiful brush cutters and will last a lifetime. I use my 260 on the farm for sedge etc as it is lighter than my 460.
    If I was to buy another I'd get the 460 again. It is superb to use and incredibly comfortable and will handle anything up to 35mm with the blade. I use old manual corded heads that take .3 and .4mm cord for the 20 acreas I can't get to with the slasher or outfront mower due to rocks. At double the cost of the others it is a large investment but one you'll enjoy long after you've forgotten the large outlay.

Dano

The 200 will take down a 1 1/2 inch soft wood tree with a good saw blade in one pass. Don't know the power rating of the 260 to be certain what it will do. Mind you I don't do a cut like that all the time. I have bent the shaft twice over the years.

I think you'll be happy so long it's not made in China.

CategoryPetrol Whipper Snippers