Stihl FSA 56

Stihl FSA 56

I absolutely love the Stihl FSA 56

So easy and convenient to use on our block. Where we live often doesn't require the lawnmower to be pulled out so a quick tidy up with the FSA 56 is ideal.
No ear protection, no filling up with fuel, no mixing of fuel required when using it, just pick up and use. It's great.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Horrible product

The AK10 battery that comes with the unit is garbage. I upgraded to the AK20 at time of purchase and didn't have enough time to finish trimming front and back. I went back to the store and purchased a AK30 battery.

I recently moved to a new townhouse, still requiring 2 batteries to get done and found fishing line and string from a mop head in the long grass. The design of the head means it will suck up inside the the gear housing any rope etc that you may find in the grass. This requires you to use a torx bit to take the head apart, disentangle the string and put it back together. Have fun getting the internals to sit right when replacing the head.

I've used this trimmer 8 times and I noticed when I went to use it last, the clips for the trimmer line house were not sitting right. A little more force didn't help, the clips push in and the housing is split badly, like you'd expect from thin plastic and heavy use wear and tear. I'll be heading back to stihl to get a replacement head, then I'll be retiring this trimmer.

I went to bunnings and got an AEG 58volt trimmer. The battery charges 5 times quicker than the Stihl, it looks like a regular petrol trimmer with no silly vacuum like design flaw and I don't have to charge it until I've mowed a few times. And the price, it cost me less than the stihl with the AK20 and AK30 batteries!

Stihl, you need to step up with this one.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

I have a FSA 45 not 56.

I wanted a light easy to use grass trimmer for around my Greenhouse, garden and pergola. My husband has a heavy duty ride on and brush cutter and he never achieves the look I want plus the mess! Now I have my own perfect one. I have used it a couple of times and it is light, easy to use and has those wonderful little blades NO cord. Love it ! I use it for about 30 minutes then recharge. It had one dot of power left. It doesn’t take long to recharge. I just wanted to trim grass nothing heavier than that it does that job perfectly.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Just right

I bought a Ryobi RTL 1238 with a 1200W motor and regretted it on day 1 - far too powerful, badly designed and destroyed the trimmer line in minutes. In comparison the FSA 56 is very light, balanced and has just the right amount of power. The cord lasts very well. I have the small capacity battery and it shows 2 bars after 20 minutes, but recharging is quick. This is a very well made product that is very suitable for light to moderate gardening tasks.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Light and easy to use line trimmer

I wanted an easy to use line trimmer after struggling with a petrol trimmer for years.

After doing a lot of research online I narrowed it down to the Ryobi battery trimmer and the Stihl FSA 56 battery line trimmer. I went and saw the Ryobi at Bunnings. Then I went to the Stihl dealer in Coburg - terrific showroom with almost everything they sell on display.

The Stihl FSA 56 felt so good I bought it on the spot. Priced at $349 including AK10 battery and charger it was $120 more expensive than the Ryobi but worth every cent for German made quality with availability of parts.

The Stihl FSA 56 is very well balanced. It weighs 3.3kg including the battery but feels a lot lighter.

Trimmer is very efficient and battery lasts for 20 minutes. This is usually sufficient for my small front and back yard. If needed the battery recharges in under an hour.

So impressed by the Stihl compact range I have since bought the Stihl HSA 56 hedge trimmer. I now have 2 AK10 batteries so 1 is a spare.

These products make gardening so much easier!

Date PurchasedJun 2017