Stihl MS 462 C-M

See the Best Petrol Chainsaws in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Stihl warranty claims and customer service is a joke

Chain saw cracked across the front casing, during normal use. Stihl warranty process is a joke. The still rep said he didn't believe my story on why the saw was damaged and believed the saw had been dropped (massive cop out) tried to escalate the issue further with Stihl head office in Melbourne, they refused to put me in contact with anyone that could help or sort the issue. I called them several many times and could not even get a return phone call. Ended up paying to get the saw repaired myself $670!!!! Stihl customer service is an absolute joke.

Purchased in July 2018.

Safety

Powerful, light, easy to start. Just awesome

I bought this saw to cut firewood for the family home and to take on 4x4 trips.
I have put 5 tanks of fuel through it now and the technology in these saws is beyond comprehension, in regards to starting and the fuel mixture being adjusted electronically based on fuel quality, fuel filter and altitude.
I have cut a variety of timbers both dry and wet and it has no trouble at the largest of diameters over the 20 inch bar it comes with.
This is a professional grade saw and if you can afford to buy it I recommend that you do and won't regret it.

Purchased in May 2019 at Mortons Machinery for $1,800.00.

Safety