Stihl RMA 460

• Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Battery Life

Easy Lawn Mowing

Mows my large, thick lawn no worries at all, I bought a 2nd battery as I thought my lawn was to big n thick but 1 battery does it. Not having to wear ear muffs and muck around getting fuel, cleaning filters and changing oil on a petrol mower is such a time saver

Purchased in December 2019.

Stephen HinderMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Can't wait for the lawn to grow..!

Purchased in September 2020 at Garden Grove for $817.00.

Carly

CarlySouthwest, VIC

Stihl Going Strong

Battery Lawn Mowers

Find out how Stihl RMA 460 compares to other Battery Lawn Mowers

Lennyasked

I’m looking to buy a battery lawn mower, and while the Stihl 460 gets 5 stars I’m concerned about the 28 v battery, it seems very low to do the work and it does not give an indication of the area it will cover, my area is about 500 sq Mtrs of Rye.

G'day Lenny,
I have the 36V Ak30 battery, although I only have 2 small areas front and back lawns. On a full charge I only use one bar then I use the same battery for my blower. 500 Sq mtrs is a big area and I'm not sure if it would do that much. I'd get in touch with Stihl for their opinion. The ak30 is the best battery..
Good luck

Dale B.

My 460 came with the AK30, I have a big yard with thick/high cut grass, I bought a 2nd battery straight up as they had a special going, most of the time I only use 1 battery but have been times it doesn’t just make it, also my first and second mow when new the battery died really quickly but after a charge or 2 they come good, great mower and I’m still happy as with my purchase, the noise, not filling up petrol and not having to pull start is the big winner for me

Lenny

Thanks for the replies guys, we are just in the middle of a thunderstorm so I will pay my local Stihl dealer a visit.

Ray M.

Ray M.asked

the spec sheet I am looking at does not provide enough info (1) charging time for the supplied 28v battery.(2)Run time.(3) Brushless ?.(4) is the handle collapsible & what design.(5) Total weight with and without battery.(6) Is the battery life indicator only on the battery . ( 7) Does the 2 year warranty apply to the skin only what warranty applies to the Battery.

Dale B.

Go to the stihl website, go to this mower and the bottom tab is documents, download the owners manual, all your questions are answered in it

GWEN Dasked

I have a small lawn with curves. Can you easily turn this mower?
I am 82 years old and have been cutting my lawn with a hand mower which cuts really well but I am wondering will this mover be easier to use
Regards gwen doyle

Stephen Hinder

Hello Gwen, it is fairly light and manoeuvrable. There is also rma 460v (mine is the rma 460) that one is self propelled. But I'm not sure how a self propelled mover handles curves. Have a chat with your local sales centre. Just a reminder, they don't come cheap.. Good luck.

CategoryBattery Lawn Mowers
Power SourceBattery (Removable)
FeaturesBattery Life Indicator, Blade Brake, Foldable Handle, Mulching Capability, Quick-Start Motor and Side Discharge
Catcher Type Collapsible