VerifiedMPN:RMA510

Snoozer
SnoozerCentral Queensland, QLD4 posts
GregD
GregDCentral Queensland, QLD

I have to mow every three days to keep my lawn at a decent level. This mower is very difficult to push as well

Worst Mower I have ever owned. It mows too high, no good on wet grass and chews through the battery. Show details
not happy jan

I purchased 11/22 with two batteries cost me $1300 sold a year later $600
The most disappointing product that I purchased Show details
Gizo
Gizo7 posts

If you want to mow twice a week it might be on

Very excited when I bought this, high hopes didn’t take long to be disappointed.
Bogs down and stops if your k look lawn is thick (I am not talking 3 weeks growth or anything, I need to mow every 5 days or it’s to hard on the mower).

Worst decision buying this mower, this will be the last Stihl electric item I buy, they are just not up to the job.
I have multiple stihl petrol tools and they are great, but there battery stuff is not worth the money, Show details

Mkd2 posts

I thought battery power was better

It is gutless chews through the battery
Makes it hard to go backwards as the power drive doesn’t release straight away
Wish i could have tried out before purchasing Show details
Kelvin
KelvinCentral, SA9 posts

Terrible Mower

I purchased this unit to mow a 20 m2 area of lawn, the power drive makes it very difficult to turn corners as it doesn't release quickly. Using this mower is hard work. The construction is also very cheap with flimsy plastic parts. Show details
Deane
DeaneNorth Queensland, QLD3 posts

Steve Beiler
Steve Beiler

Piece of Crap

I have a 15' by 20' grass area at my business. It does get a little weedy and is a little moist because it's humid here. I spend almost as much time mowing as I do cleaning underneath when I'm done. It seems like all the grass I cut is under the mower. I measured it today and it is a solid 3 gallons. Show details
shady
shadyQueensland3 posts

denise t.
denise t.South East Queensland, QLD5 posts

one more level

i always mow grass the lowest it can go but with the stihl it needs one more lowering level so after i mow i have to go over it again with my honda petrol mowet again to cut it low so it defies the point other than that it is good but it really is a waste of money to me as i am just wasting my time using it
Martin W
Martin W5 posts

Ordinary at best

The idea of a quiet electric mower is great but as far as this one is concerned, forget it. For the money I expected much better. Bogs down easily. Only useful (just) on very short grass. Forget the long, wet stuff. Show details
Rohan
RohanFar North Queensland, QLD33 posts
George B.
George B.

Rubbish

I love Stihl products but this mower is way below their usual high standard. While it is very quiet and looks the part it bogs down and is very hard to push through even when the grass is short. The body drags and lifts the grass behind it. It is parked up in the shed and I am back to my old Honda. Show details
Zac
ZacSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very easy to use

I have the self propelled model that makes mowing up hill a breeze, great battery life, I was able to mow my yard twice on a single charge. But I have doubts about mowing my lawn if it more than two weeks growth without mowing.

Urbanmisfit
Urbanmisfit

I have a new RMA 510 and it has very little suction; won't pick up dry leaves or pine needles . I don't use the ECcco setting; full power and mulch mode. I have to rake to pick up leaves and needles no matter the height setting. I think this is a blade design problem?

marthinus s.
marthinus s.

Hallo, my 510 switch of and battery flashes red. Why is it doing it. It is also very bad that you can not release the self propelled and pull back immediately.

Peter R.
Peter R.

Hi,
I have a RMA 510v.
The grass im cuttining is kikuyu
The kikuyu is thick (high) enough that the mower drags on the grass at the back of the mower pulling the kikuyu up.
Is there a fix for this?

Mkd

This mower is not powerful for kikuyu as I found out. Dragging the grass is also a problem when pulling the mower backwards the self propelled wheels don’t release quick enough.

Features:

• The Stihl RMA 510 is a battery lawn mower that claims to have the performance of a petrol mower without any of the hassle that comes along with them.
  • It has a wide 21” cutting deck, letting you cut your lawn quickly.
  • A holding slot for a spare battery makes it easier to swap out batteries so you’re back to mowing within seconds.
  • The mower has adjustable handlebars, a grass catcher, as well as bigger rear wheels to tackle rougher terrain.
  • You can also buy the RMA 510 V which has the addition of a self-propelling feature, making it suitable for larger areas.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the mower had a great battery life, and they could complete a decent amount of their work within a single charge.
  • They also appreciated how little noise the mower made, which some said made the mowing experience more enjoyable.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers found that this mower was difficult to push on lower height settings, as they said that the blade deck dragged along the ground.
CategoryBattery Lawn Mowers