Washing Machines Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of washing machine would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

2.6

durga

durgaSydney, NSW

this is perfect! we buy it.

The aldi washing machine is good to have for the quality and the warrenty wise it is good too.we bought that one and its been easy for us that to clean the all types of clothes and it is protecting the cloth quality and fabric too.

Val

ValSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great purchase!

This 10kg top loader is perfect for a family of 4. Easy to install and great functionality. We use it to pre slack school socks during the wash, very easy to use. And you can wash blankets! Amazing!

Purchased in June 2020 at ALDI.

Marisa C.

Marisa C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Quick wash is easy to use

Quick wash is easy to use but when I need to only spin clothes - it's not easy. Lot of programming by pressing Process and Set Buttons and machine doesn't spin.

Purchased in May 2020 at ALDI for A$400.00.

Col1953Sydney, NSW

Good value for money

Top loader 9.5 kg capacity. It Has 2 filters most washing machines only have one. It is different to a Hoover. It dissolves Omo powder completely. Good value for money spent. Half the price of similar size machines. Good for washing dog towels. The ownly thing I had to sort out was the first filter inside the bowl. It was put together inside out. It now works a lot better so long it is cleaned after every wash.

Purchased in June 2018 at Aldi Mount Druitt 2770 for A$449.00.

Dryer TypeSterling 7 kg
Sarah

SarahSydney Surrounds, NSW

Awesome washing

I love the washing machine that I brought. Would never go back to what I brought. Clean my washing cleans every smells really good. I love Aldi great prices it’s the best

Purchased in January 2018.

Kizk

KizkGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Might as well handwash

Worst washing machine that I've ever bought. Didn't wash clothes properly. I ended up having to handwash most items. What a waste of money. Don't buy this item.
I'm taking mine to the tip.

Purchased in November 2018 at ALDI for A$300.00.

Neil

Neil

Absolute Waste of Money

I've had this machine for 6 months and it has never once washed the clothes properly. There is always fluff, grime and stains on the clothes. They always come out looking dirtier than they went in. I really think it's because there's no agitator. Spend your money on a proper brand name.

Rita

RitaVictoria

Not happy with rubber bits throughout the washing. I have to rinse the clothes on the line with a hose.

The machine is good in size. Bit noisy when it spins and washes.
Easy to operate with the press panel.
The Heavy duty washing is ok again very noisy on spin cycle

Purchased in May 2016 for A$350.00.

Did a great job

I purchased it in September 2013. We are farmers so our clothes get pretty dirty. Extremely happy with how it washed and because we are on tank water I used to do full loads and I always used the custom setting. I found it good value for what it cost. I could fit a queen size wool blanket in it. Loved the size. Very happy with the cycle times. It would do a wash in 33 minutes depending on how I set the program. I will buy another one when they become available at our local store.

Purchased in September 2013 at ALDI Beaudesert .

Brittnee butler

Brittnee butlerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing product love it never missed a beat

All types, washes well, even stained work clothes, washes delicates great amazing product highly reccomended to anyone looking for a good top loader for a fraction of the price of big brands.

Purchased in July 2016 at ALDI for A$359.00.

tracy e.

tracy e.Hunter Region, NSW

fantastic easy to use love my top loader

Washes great, washing cycle quick, spins to the point that clothes are almost dry, water-efficient, bought this machine on a recommendation by a washing machine repairer, the only thing I can fault is its a little noisy, happy wife, happy life ;)

Obi1

Obi1South East Queensland, QLD

Control panel/board died after 5 years

Always tangled each washing load no matter what it is. Doesn't clean really dirty stuff no matter how long you set the wash cycle or if you use the heavy duty cycle. The rubber inside the lint filter disintegrated after only 3 years. Even before the lint filter issue regardless if you cleaned it after each wash the machine would leave lint on dark clothes. The range of setting is OK but you can't change the preset spin time of some of them. Spin cycle in the last 12month was so noisy you could hear it loudly from 50m away. Would expect even a cheap machine would last longer, but was on a budget at the time.

Purchased in July 2014 at ALDI for A$329.00.

V Bros-Wilshire

V Bros-Wilshire

I have been delighted with the quality and easy use directions. I love it

I do washing 2 times a week and i am still amazed how clean the clothes come, the ease of stopping the cycle by lifting the lid. Even my husband can change the washing cycles, the number of spins and rinses

Purchased in March 2019 for A$389.00.

Barry Keatch

Barry KeatchSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horry story

Helped a lady today to get to know her machine , Turns out the machine was too complicated taking too long to wash a small amount of clothes . Washing didnt spin dry enough and clothes could be wrung out manually after machine finished. Too complicated for a washing machine , complaining to Aldi tomorrow hope for a refund

Purchased in July 2019 at Q store .

Very good washing machine

I wash my work clothes,dunner,shocks and other clothes. I never had any washing machine like this before and I can't believe how good it works.it handle all the clothes very well and have no problem with it at the moment. Not at the moment as it still works very well

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Letseat

LetseatBentleigh

Big and simple family washer

I bought this because its 1/ large sie 2/ Cheap!
I know Sterling isnt the worlds greatest brand and it probably wont last forever, but its does and admirably job churning through family sized washes week in, week out and works fine. Its not too noisy and clothes are cleaned fine. It is rather platsicky and you can tell its cheaper model but I am happy enough with it and if it runs for another two years , I would consider it good value too

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Stidiford

StidifordAdelaide

Reliable Machine

Had it for 3 months now and it has not missed a beat and everything seems to wash well, the only negative thing I can say about it is, the lint filter falls out during some washes and the sound it makes when it's finished a wash isn't very loud and only goes once.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Nic

NicCuddly Creek

Does an ok job but not as good as our one

We were in Aldi just looking and this was on discount clearance so we decided to buy it as the price was very good and as the one at home was getting old we wanted a new one that's more moden. The cord is a good length but the hose had to be replaced as it was leaking

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Samantha Taply

Samantha TaplyCampbell town, SA

Dose what it's meant to

We bought this because we got sick I LG one every 2 to 3 or 4 years packing in so we bought a cheaper unit this one and it hasn't done so bad. It's not perfect but come on what do you expect when buying cheap. Some stains haven't been removed

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Bruce

Bruce

Washing machine

Our last stirling wasing machine has lasted 10 years and still going strong as they don't come on special very often we decided to purchase a new one and store it but my wife decided she would use the new machine as we have a big family the machine goes 2 or 3 times a day. Best and most reliable washer you can buy at a very reasonable price.

Date PurchasedJul 2018