Strepsils Honey & Lemon Lozenges

Strepsils Honey & Lemon Lozenges

See the Best Throat & Cough Care in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Nick

NickSydney, NSW

The only good thing about them is their taste

I get quite often throat infections. I tried many times to alleviate the symptoms (itchy or painful throat, coughing) with Strepsils Honey & Lemon, but I could not find any difference between taking and not taking Strepsils. They are supposed to have some antibacterial effects, but to me, there is no difference between Strepsils and any other candies. As I mentioned, they have a pleasant taste and they may help people due to the placebo effect.

Michele Jackson

Michele JacksonSydney, NSW

Not good enough

Strepsils or any throat lozenges never worked for me and have stopped buying them well over 10 years ago. I seek medical advice and I am prescribed antibiotics after 3 days with a sore throat. Sore throats can be sign of something of a more serious outcome, so having a sore throat from more than 3 days seek a GP.

Sada

SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

OK

This is an expensive lozenge, but can be found on sale in some of the cheaper chemists. It has a wonderful soothing honey and lemon flavour which really does make my sore and pained throat feel much better. It also helps supress my cough as well. Overall, I have used this many times in the past and besides the numbing of the tastebuds for a couple of days, it really works well for me.
I always try to have this in the house so that if I get a sore throat, I will have this to use.
It works, but it is strong and if I use it for a couple of days, it burns my tastebuds and the sides of my cheeks, so I cannot taste anything for a couple of days afterwards.

gnsta.nrd