Sunbeam Australia

Sunbeam Australia

Roost

RoostBrisbane

Poorly made product

Bought an em7000 coffee machine, steam wand temperature gauge was faulty, the pour had no pressure at all no matter what grind was put in, grinds that worked well on other machines also it consistantly poured 75-100ml on the double cup setting not the 60ml as stated even after a factory reset, there were so many faults out of the box, I took it back for a refund, no way did I want a replacement it was just that bad.

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Roost,
We're sorry to hear about your bad experience with this product.
Thank you for your feedback.

Rex C.

Rex C.Gippsland, VIC

Faulty Marc Newson kettle replaced (out of warranty)

I purchased a Sunbeam Marc Newson kettle in 2018 from Harris Scarfe, and just after 12 months, the base had a fault and melted through, which I thought was quite dangerous :( I took it back to HS but they clamed that after 12 months, you're out of luck. :( :(

I submitted a request to Sunbeam AU, and got a reply back asking for proof of purchase and photos of the damage, which I did, and then have just received email saying to select a new Sunbeam kettle :)

So I am very pleased with the response of Sunbeam AU so far, and thought they deserved some praise online.

Hi Rex C.
Thank you so much for the review! We are more than happy to assist :)
Kind Regards Sunbeam

jemcm

jemcmAU

Rubbish product and matching customer service

Designed a blender that cannot be put in sink of water or dishwasher. Floods and cannot rid the water which rusts the parts.

Promised a replacement was sent 3 weeks ago. Still waiting.

Hi Jemcm,
Sorry to hear of your experience with this. For tracking of the replacement please call 1300 881 861. Kind Regards Sunbeam

cornish1MELBOURNE

Not bad machine but no help with replacement hot water handle/knob

cornish1

I would like to say that after some time I have now received a replacement knob in the mail.

Mikey

Kettle broke, but after review here, Sunbeam replaced.

Brought an expensive Cafe Series kettle. Looks fancy but broke just after having it for more than 1 year. When we spoke to Sunbeam, got told "out of warranty, your problem".
Update...
Now after a review here, they asked me to phone up and offered a replacement, which they sent out. Very impressed, thanks :-)

Mikey

Thanks, I spoke to them and they have now replaced the kettle. Very impressed.

Ivy-Mae

Ivy-MaeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Crap quality control

Hi Ivy-Mae
So sorry to hear of this. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our product and technical teams. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Disappointing Customer Service

Sunbeam MultiChopper Food Chopper, the bowl cracked (after minimal use) less than 18 months after purchase. After several weeks of emails and phone calls. Sunbeam reiterated the out of warranty statement (12 months) and refused to replace the bowl. The option to purchase the bowl if you can find a stockist is roughly half the cost of a new machine. Very disappointed customer.

Hi Sunbeam Customer,

mmid

mmidGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Sunbeam refuses to publish my review on their website.

Sunbeam refused to publish my review on their website. Their faulty electric blankets are complained about all over the internet.

My review:
Faulty electric blankets

I purchased one 4 years ago. It lasted only two. Sunbeam replaced it on ‘goodwill’ advising that no warranty would be given as I did not have original receipt. One would think that a company would have confidence in a replacement product. Failed again within less than 2 years. Sunbeam have advised there is nothing they can do. I have never had an electric blanket that has only done 2 winters. Absolutely ridiculous that sunbeam will not acknowledge design or manufacturing issues. My replacement blanket will most certainly not be a sunbeam one.

Hi mmid,

mick

Sunbeam, What a joke of a company

Purchased a sunbeam torino just over 2 years ago and milk steamer stopped working. As it was out of warranty i opted to pay the $300 repair charge..... after 7 weeks i am now told the part is not available in the world and will never be fixed.... extremely annoyed customer

Hi mick,

mick

3 months have gone past with no customer support and no response from sunbeam.... What a joke!!!

Dianne

DianneFar North Queensland, QLD

Terrible product. As for rating wouldn't give them 1 star but couldn't submit without clicking some

SUNBEAM didn't even bother to reply to my email - disgraceful company I will never buy another of their products again..

Worst manufacturer bad quality products

I got a mixer as a gift, used it 5 times and motor stopped working. Customer service was not helpful. Horrible horrible product. Don’t ever buy from them!

Surprising and unexpected result on an out of warranty Cafe Crema 4820

So happy with the result of my enquiry after my Cafe Crema machine broke down after 16 months. It took a week to get a reply to my original enquiry, but then within a few days, and exchange of 1 or 2 emails, within the week I received a NEW and upgraded machine delivered to my door! I see so many bad reviews here for the customer service so I guess I was lucky. Really appreciated their generosity and am grateful. Thanks Sunbeam!

Aldrin

AldrinSydney

Worst customer service!!

My 5th follow ups with their customer service and still no one responds. I bought an iron last Feb 2018 and it’s already broken! I attached the copy of the invoice when I lodged my first query online and it has multiple purchases/items. Their customer service responded that the iron is not included in the tax invoice, that i need to attach the correct one! What a lazy person! Its not my problem that your invoice doesn’t have clear item descriptions but you should at least check each item codes of the purchases and i can guarantee you that its there!! I even googled each codes online and definitely the iron is in it and it’s the right invoice!!

Wendy C

Wendy CPokolbin

Very disappointed in my Sunbeam Slow Cooker which is about 2 years old.

This is my second Sunbeam Slow Cooker, the first one was great. This one may have just reached warranty.
I put porridge on last night and turned the cooker off, but not the power point.
Woke up about 2 hours later to realise the slow cooker was still cooking even though it was turned off. I turned off the power point and removed the plug, the next morning noticed the outside of the cooker was still hot! When we tested it, the inside stayed cool but the outside of the cooker became very hot.
I can't believe how dangerous this could have been and will never buy another Sunbeam Slow Cooker!
I haven't heard of this happening before - is this an isolated experience?

kemsley

kemsleyAU

Barely get over the treshold

Purchased our first Sunbeam King Bed electric blanket about three years ago only for it to fail eighteen months later, after waiting quite some time for David Jones to arrange for the replacement (not DJ's fault) the second unit is now faulty. When we received the replacement unit we were informed the warranty would only start from the original purchase date which looks like they had insight into the reliability of their product.

My advice would be to buy a cheaper brand, why spend $220 when you can spend half that amount on an alternate reputable brand with the same features and same three year warranty.

DISGRACEFUL SERVICE REPAIRS

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Don't buy a Cafe Crema!

Coffee machine corroded and leaking after two years. Offered a 40% discount to buy a new one! Zero customer care!

Noelene

NoeleneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dissapionted

A couple of months ago I purchased a Sandwich Press Grill. The mechanism on left had side is of and inferior quality and you are unable to close the press once it has been placed in the open position . It requires you to touch the hot appliance and attempt to guide it back into position. A very poorly designed product but a great size

OME1

OME1Armadale WA 6112

Thanks SUNBEAM

I contacted Sunbeam and I told them I love this coffee machine but on my 2nd one in 4 years and they asked me to send the machine to the service department and they will give me a replacement unit I'm so happy with this result. Great customer care!!!!!! Not often found today.

TedMelbourne

TedMelbourneAU

Extremely Poor Customer Service

Sunbeam Customer Care website said 3 day response to an email enquiry, 3 weeks later no reply, so I contacted again. They replied and said the brew head on my Sunbeam Coffee machine was worn out, so I asked how can it be worn out after making 3 cups of coffee, so they said they would contact me in 24-48 hours, 2 weeks later no reply, so I emailed again. Still no reply, its now a month later and no reply, (2 months from my first contact) so I guess they will not be giving me the courtesy of a reply, and I strongly do not recommend Sunbeam Australia.