Sunbeam Australia

Sunbeam Australia

Plastic shards all through food - dangerous

Used the processor LC5000 for the fifth time that was given to me and the plastic disintegrated leaving shards all through my childrens potatoes. Extremely dangerous and without the purchase date i have no way of contacting them.

Terrible product. As for rating wouldn't give them 1 star but couldn't submit without clicking some

SUNBEAM didn't even bother to reply to my email - disgraceful company I will never buy another of their products again..

Worst manufacturer bad quality products

I got a mixer as a gift, used it 5 times and motor stopped working. Customer service was not helpful. Horrible horrible product. Don’t ever buy from them!

Surprising and unexpected result on an out of warranty Cafe Crema 4820

So happy with the result of my enquiry after my Cafe Crema machine broke down after 16 months. It took a week to get a reply to my original enquiry, but then within a few days, and exchange of 1 or 2 emails, within the week I received a NEW and upgraded machine delivered to my door! I see so many bad reviews here for the customer service so I guess I was lucky. Really appreciated their generosity and am grateful. Thanks Sunbeam!

Worst customer service!!

My 5th follow ups with their customer service and still no one responds. I bought an iron last Feb 2018 and it’s already broken! I attached the copy of the invoice when I lodged my first query online and it has multiple purchases/items. Their customer service responded that the iron is not included in the tax invoice, that i need to attach the correct one! What a lazy person! Its not my problem that your invoice doesn’t have clear item descriptions but you should at least check each item codes of the purchases and i can guarantee you that its there!! I even googled each codes online and definitely the iron is in it and it’s the right invoice!!

Very disappointed in my Sunbeam Slow Cooker which is about 2 years old.

This is my second Sunbeam Slow Cooker, the first one was great. This one may have just reached warranty.
I put porridge on last night and turned the cooker off, but not the power point.
Woke up about 2 hours later to realise the slow cooker was still cooking even though it was turned off. I turned off the power point and removed the plug, the next morning noticed the outside of the cooker was still hot! When we tested it, the inside stayed cool but the outside of the cooker became very hot.
I can't believe how dangerous this could have been and will never buy another Sunbeam Slow Cooker!
I haven't heard of this happening before - is this an isolated experience?

Barely get over the treshold

Purchased our first Sunbeam King Bed electric blanket about three years ago only for it to fail eighteen months later, after waiting quite some time for David Jones to arrange for the replacement (not DJ's fault) the second unit is now faulty. When we received the replacement unit we were informed the warranty would only start from the original purchase date which looks like they had insight into the reliability of their product.

My advice would be to buy a cheaper brand, why spend $220 when you can spend half that amount on an alternate reputable brand with the same features and same three year warranty.

DISGRACEFUL SERVICE REPAIRS

Hi,
I have recently had 2 issues with our EM7000, so I kindly engaged your official service repairer. 4 weeks later and my machine is still not correctly fixed. In fact, it has actually come out in worse condition than on submission.

Requested Work:
Replace Group Cup Seal
Fix Thermal Fuse for Steamer
Fix hot water tap
Descale Machine

Result:
First week - picked up machine. Group cup seal incorrect placed (it was inverted). Group cup handle now impossible to properly insert and eject. Took back to dealership, shown issues. Left machine there another week to advise it will be looked at and expect a call. No call came. Came back to follow up and technician didn't fix the issue with the group cup. Left it there another week and got told I would recieve a call on the Monday(no call recieved). Came in again on Saturday for follow up. Machine clearly wasn't even looked at all week. At this point I took the machine back as I have been without my coffee machine for over 4 weeks now.

I am now making a formal complaint to both you and the retail ombudsman. I am demanding a new replacement machine for my troubles. This official repair centre has no customer service or accountability at all for their work. I expect a call from sunbeam to remedy this situation, as this is absolutely disgraceful.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Don't buy a Cafe Crema!

Coffee machine corroded and leaking after two years. Offered a 40% discount to buy a new one! Zero customer care!

Dissapionted

A couple of months ago I purchased a Sandwich Press Grill. The mechanism on left had side is of and inferior quality and you are unable to close the press once it has been placed in the open position . It requires you to touch the hot appliance and attempt to guide it back into position. A very poorly designed product but a great size

Thanks SUNBEAM

I contacted Sunbeam and I told them I love this coffee machine but on my 2nd one in 4 years and they asked me to send the machine to the service department and they will give me a replacement unit I'm so happy with this result. Great customer care!!!!!! Not often found today.

Extremely Poor Customer Service

Sunbeam Customer Care website said 3 day response to an email enquiry, 3 weeks later no reply, so I contacted again. They replied and said the brew head on my Sunbeam Coffee machine was worn out, so I asked how can it be worn out after making 3 cups of coffee, so they said they would contact me in 24-48 hours, 2 weeks later no reply, so I emailed again. Still no reply, its now a month later and no reply, (2 months from my first contact) so I guess they will not be giving me the courtesy of a reply, and I strongly do not recommend Sunbeam Australia.

Unreliable product. Warranty worthless

I bought a queen-sized Sunbeam electric blanket in 2013. In 2015 one side stopped working. It had a three-year warranty. I sent an email to the customer service address but never received a reply. I rang the sevice centre, but after waiting for hours, was unable to speak to anyone. The promise to phone back was never honoured.

Apalling service and quality

I tried to contact Sunbeam support about a faulty product and was told the wait was one minute. I gave up after about fourteen minutes. Rang back and was told I could get a call back. Opted for that and when they finally called some hours later the phone rang exactly twice and then they hung up before I could answer. When I dialled ther missed call number I got back to their same call centre to start the process again!
I have three Sunbeam appliances and ALL of them have malfunctioned soo after the warranty period has expired.
I replaced the leaking kettle three times before finally giving up and getting another brand...All items I have are from the Cafe Series and the outer surfaces corrode and look really poor about a month after your start using them....bac=sicially I think this stuff is junk trading on it's former reputation for quality........and, as I said the support is lousy at best......at the price there are many other products and probably most are better than this rubbish!

Appalling customer service (George from Sunbeam)

My mother-in-law (a pensioner) has been trying to return a faulty ironing board, this is actually the second time! Sunbeam will not pick it up and she has been told very rudely to go out of her way and drop it off in-store and then she will have to wait until they send her a new one - which she was also informed, may not work either! She was left particularly upset with a conversation she had with George at Sunbeam who was abrupt & rude and after she said "Oh God" the employee replied "My name is not God, it is George". He also said "I'm just the agent, have a nice day" and hung up the phone. This is unacceptable customer service!

Disappointed

I had previously chosen Sunbeam kitchen products exclusively. After inheriting a Mixmaster and a toaster from the 70s that could not be killed. Eventually upgraded. Even chose the 'professional' series more expensive product. New toaster in the bin after 1 year - now using unbranded cheapie. Mixmaster (MX8800) has worn worm gear (see other reviews) and the part no longer available. Coffee machine and bread maker gathering dust. Sunbeam, you have lost a customer. I have decided that if I am forced to buy unsupported rubbish, then I will buy cheap rubbish and not weep when it dies. I will leave the expensive Sunbeam rubbish to others. If others can suggest an alternative quality brand then let me know.
When it worked it was great. Worked nearly as well as the 1970's Sunbeam stuff.
When it breaks, itcosts more to fix than to replace, and parts not available.