Sunbeam EasyClean Snack for 4 GR6400

Sunbeam EasyClean Snack for 4 GR6400

Dangerous

I have owned this product for 1 year and 3 months and use it infrequently (approx once every 2-3 weeks). The white painted surface near the handles started peeling at an early stage and the sandwiches always get stuck to the heating plate but it was fine otherwise. Today I switched it on to make some lunch for my kids and as I was closing the lid it suddenly threw out some sparks and made a buzzing noise. I turned it off at the wall and checked the source of the sparks. I discovered severed electrical wires in the hinge! I think I was pretty lucky not to be electrocuted and may have the cheap plastic case to thank for this. I am returning it to Harvey Norman next week and hoping that they advise Sunbeam ASAP. Maybe I was just unlucky but I think this is a serious fault that may require a product recall.

Hi J Simpson, we are very sorry to hear this has happened. Have you had the opportunity to contact Sunbeam customer Care, if you haven't, here is our Customer care line number 1300 881 861.

very disappointed

I bought mine at christmas, thought it would be good for quick easy lunches for my kids. We used it a few times and then the back hinge broke. I never over filled them mostly filled sandwiches with can spaghetti or ham and cheese. I sent an email to the company but only received an email back saying they had received my email and would contact me soon in regards to my problem. Still no contact. I've been too busy to chase them.
Really like the idea of four sandwiches at the same time.
Hinge broke when making sandwiches, not happy with sunbeam customer service.

Hi bec14star, Thank you for your feedback To provide our assistance with your matter, we will greatly appreciate if you can please us again either by phone on 1300 881 861 or email customercare@sunbeam.com.au (subject line: ProductReview.com.au with Sunbeam EasyClean Snack for 4) with your details. Regards, Sunbeam Customer Service 1300 881 861 customercare@sunbeam.com.au

Does the job

Making toasted sandwiches for a family of four is not an easy task with a two-sandwich maker, but hubby wanted one without the cut down the middle. Although I won out, the cut down the middle is still the sore point of this toasted sandwich maker, however there was only a choice of two at The Good Guys. It does the job, making it easy to feed the hoards, but the sandwiches tend to stick to the middle crease as you open and with four it is more difficult to pry them off.
Cooks quickly and efficiently
Sangas a little soggy and stick to the cut down the middle, also not cheap

Hi Jane5252, Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to provide our assistance and answer any questions you may have about the product. If you would like to discuss further please contact Sunbeam Customer Service either by phone on 1300 881 861 or email customercare@sunbeam.com.au (subject line: ProductReview.com.au with Sunbeam EasyClean Snack for 4) with your details. Regards, Sunbeam Customer Service 1300 881 861 customercare@sunbeam.com.au

Easy dinner maker on the run

I bought this recently from online shopping. Originally i ended up with an already scratched and peeling non stick surface. I returned it straight away and changed for another.

So far i have used mine 5 or 6 times and its cooks well. I love the way its crisps up the cheese fillings.

I would say that yes it does need some prying of the middle crease to get the sand which out and i found it very simple to clean. I clean mine straight after using when its warm still.

Its a classic sand which maker that gives you a quick and easy meal without too much hassle.
ease of use, cleaning and quick meals
not quite so non stick

Great sandwhich maker

I have four kids so being able to make them a toasty all at once is awesome. It heats up quickly and evenly which is good. I have found by spraying a little cooking oil over it when it is hot stops the bread from sticking. It also has quite deep moulds so you can fill the sandwiches up nice and full. The kids love it.
It has 4 sandwich moulds, the sandwiches cut in the toaster, it cooks evenly

Good

This is a great snack and lunch option. I have made tasty cheese sandwiches filled with veggies and sometimes tuna too. You can also fill your breads with savoury mince meats and scrambled eggs. Totally, this is a great machine which wasnt too expensive at all (I think under $40 some years ago) and it still works fine today.
This is a great sandwich maker and you can fill the sandwiches with so many stuffings to make yummy and cheap cafe style sandwiches at home. One of our friends actually fries eggs in these too.
There isnt really anything I dislike about this one. It does require cleaning, and if you have any cheese melting out of your bread on the sides, its best to clean it up asap, otherwise cleaning will require a lot of scrubbing.

Good

One of the best things ever invented as it is so easy to make different types of toasted sandwiches. I like spaghetti in mine and the sealing of the bread together is just great (the sandwich press cannot do this). This machine can be used for a lot of different types of fillings, to which you can invent your own creation. Once sandwiches are cooked and the machine is cooled, I just wipe it down with a bit of damp scot towel and it is ready for next time I use it.
Great machine, easy to use amd it cleans up well with just wiping down.
Mine has never cut into the scissor action as stated - I have to cut the sandwich after it is cooked.

I love using my Sunbeam EasyClean Snack for 4 the types of fillings you can use is virtually endless. My families favourites are baked beans and cheese, Ham, cheese and tomato, and left over vegetables. This is easy wipe clean, non stick surface and cuts the sandwich in half for you sealing the cut so your contents dont run out. Be careful though contents are very very hot so make sure you tear off a corner to let the steam out.
Quick easy hot snacks.
Do not overfill your sandwich as it will ooze out everywhere and is hard to clean off the covered hot plate cord at back