HP5520, HP4520
Listing monitored by Sunbeam

symo
symoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Crappy

Sunbeam products are always faulty. And they demand a receipt and don't believe that their products are crap. They demanded that I send a picture of my iron with the cord cut in half so that they might consider my case for getting a new one. Never buy from them again.

Emma L.
Emma L.Sydney, NSW

Very reliable

I actually wanted to also review the egg cooker and slow cooker but there's no option for their egg cooker. The slow cooker is amazing we bought ours close to ten years ago and it's still working today. The best way to use this is to cook ribs. Absolutely delicious and surprising much faster than cooking the ribs in an oven. Their egg cooker is also great, I just got mine recently and it's fantastic. I use mine to make perfectly soft boiled eggs since using a regular pot usually breaks my eggs or make the whites mushy.

Purchased at The Good Guys.

Cherie
CherieMurray Mallee, SA

Not a good slow cooker. Do not buy

Put the cooker on slow cooking. Came home to extremely strong burning smell throughout the kitchen and lounge. Food thrown out. Couldn’t even clean the burnt food off the inside. Cooker thrown out. Got way too hot. Not happy.

Purchased in January 2020.

wayne
wayneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Save your money, buy another brand

Do not recommend. The slow cooker is too weak, I literally have placed in 4 shanks on high (4hrs) and it isn't hot enough and didn't cook the meal. Save yourself the trouble, don't buy it. Side note - I have an old one and know how to use these.

Arpita P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Amazing product

I was offered a replacement form Sunbeam. I cooked Nihari (indian slow cooker meat dish) and it turned out to be amazing. It actually exceeded my expectations. Meat cooked to perfection.

Purchased in January 2021 for $39.00.

Arpita P.

How do I send private message to you. And also I tried to contact you guys on Facebook but I got no further response yet

Hello Arpita,
I have just sent you a message, please check you inbox.
Sunbeam Customer Care.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Chris
ChrisSouth Australia

VERY DANGEROUS I DON’T RECOMMEND IT

Just purchased a new sunbeam slow cooker and it’s smells bad like electrical burning and Smoke coming out of the temperature control dial. I do Recommended anyone buying it s

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $44.95.

Very disappointed!

I have had the same problems....purchased this 5.5 lt Sunbeam slow cooker as I already have the 4.5 lt which I purchased years ago and it works perfectly but I wanted a larger one for my bone broth ! Couldn’t be more disappointed! It becomes extremely hot and as for the cool touch handles! What a joke..they were red hot and the machine gave off a plastic burning smell, which didn’t go away. And thank heavens I always use a wooden cutting board underneath electrical products! The board was very hot! Not happy and I am about to return it to retailer now! And after reading other reviews, I will not purchase another one!

Purchased in June 2020 at GoodGuys.

Clemens E.
Clemens E.South East Queensland, QLD

Glass Lid Shattered to Pieces

I had the Sunbeam SecretChef HP5520 for some years now. On 13 April 2020 with no reason whatsoever the glass lid imploded and the lid shattered to pieces. When I tried to lift off by its handle, the shattered glass fell into my vegetable soup wrecking it entirely.

Emma W.
Emma W.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Get's unsafely hot

Purchased in July 2019 at Myer for $59.00.

A lie about capacity

I bought this a month ago on the basis it said it was a 5.5 litre cooker because I was replacing one I bought years ago that was also 5.5 litres. As soon as I unpacked it I could see this was a scam regarding the size. The pot has shrunk by at least 1.5 litres of actual cooking space. No wonder they can sell it cheaper because its real cooking capacity is only 4 litres. i measured it and that's that. So be warned. I hate lying on product capacity. This cooker holds 5.5 litres from base to brim but IT IS NOT A 5.5 LITRE CAPACITY COOKER

BadBlock
BadBlockAdelaide

A bit hot, but works ok

The device gets hot, but I think that's how it is. I was advised that I'd better place it on a stove to protect the bench. The pot and lid can be washed in a dishwasher. Works fine. No switch off timer.

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $29.00.

Hi BadBlock
Thanks for the great review. This unit does get hot. It is the belt/wrap around element for even slow cooking. We suggest to have it on a board or block to protect bench top surfaces etc.
Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Horrible product

This product is absolutely horrible! I was given this as a gift both times burnt my food on the low setting. Went back and got it replaced and this one does the same thing. Extremely hot to touch on the outside and cooked my food on the keep warm setting. This isn't okay. Defiantly returning for a refund. Will never get another sunbeam product again, way to dangerous. I should feel safe leaving my home with my slow cooker on however the smell that came off it when turned on and the fact the settings mean nothing. Lost my business.

Purchased in June 2019 at Big W for $59.00.

Hi Nat,
Sorry to hear, normally a great product. Please call us on 1300 881 861 to see if we can assist or by all means return to store.

Nat

I have returned twice now and I had the same problem both times. I have gone to another brand thanks for the reply

Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for reviewing, we will take on board...

Phillip A
Phillip AAU

Excellent value Sunbeam Slow Cooker

This is an excellent economical slow cooker. Simple suitable for a family of 5. The ceramic cooking dish looks great and washes easy. The Sunbeam is Great value, is simple to use, and retains sufficient juices to allow for great curries. Best test was a tradition Goat leg curry. Time for more slow cooked stews and curries

Date PurchasedDec 2018
mj88
mj88Western Australia

Love my analog slow cooker

I requested this for Christmas after my digital Sunbeam broke (after 13 months!!). I love this model, it’s cheaper and fuss free. It does mean you can’t set the timer to turn off or turn to warm but you can remedy that by using a wall plug with a timer. Overall a good product at a good price point. Love the ceramic bowl too, I kept the bowl from my digital model so now I have two. One for dinner and one for pudding afterwards!

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the positive feedback mj88!

justrace
justraceAU

Terrible, has wrecked my benchtop and chopping board

This is my second slow cooker, had the other one for years and never an issue (only died due to user error). Have used this one 3 times and it's wrecked my wooden benchtops - next time tried it on the chopping board and it's wrecked that as well. So dangerous - what a total waste of money - I'll be going back to Russell Hobs

Date PurchasedNov 2017

HI justrace,
So sorry to hear this has happened. Please give us a call on 1300 881 861 so we can discuss this with you.

Read more reviews - page 2