Sunbeam Kettle King Electric BBQ HG6600B

Sunbeam Kettle King Electric BBQ HG6600B

MPN: 35974226

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (1) · No (0)
  • Safety

gypsymaggie

gypsymaggieVictoria

Great outdoor Electric BBQ

Sunbeam Kettle King Electric BBQ is great for the patio outdoors. I use it often, it is 2400 watt convection oven that cooks my Sunday roast perfectly, also great for bbq chops, steak, etc, has a good non stick heat surface which is easy to clean with plenty of different heat settings plus a defrost which is a bonus in a hurry. Has a temperature gauge so I can easily monitor the cooking temperature, also purchased the oval cover for it, overall a great bbq.

Purchased in December 2018 for $199.00.

Preheating Speed
Safety
Even Heat DistributionYes

Hi gypsymaggie
Thanks for the great review ! Enjoy.
Kind Regards Sunbeam

MarshyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

just not hot enough

it is just not hot enough, even on high The heat is not spread evenly, I'm never sure where to put my sausages and steaks and have to keep moving them around I am about to cook a butterfly lamb. I sure hope it gets cooked in time for dinner...

Date PurchasedOct 2012

Hi Marshy,
The bbq does take longer than a gas oven but is sound like there may be an issue with the thermostat.

Marshy

As its well out of warrantee I don't think I can do anything about it

GailSydney, NSW

makes amazing breakfasts no kitchen clean up!

After a few connection problems without the plastic connector!this little BBQ is amazing cooks split chicken perfectly i add a non stick bbq mat and cleaning is a breeze just love it!My favourite is breakfasts no mess in my kitchen makes a very relaxing weekend!
Cooks perfect Bacon & sausages!I even cooked a cake on a rack so versatile!

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Gail! Thank you for your wonderful feedback on the HG6600B!! We are so happy you are loving this product and hope you get many more great meals with it :) Thanks, Sunbeam!

Markothesharko

MarkothesharkoMelbourne

Great for casual use

Living in a place with very limited outdoor space, i needed a smallish bbq that I could use to cook for small groups of people. The fact that this is electric is a bonus as I was sick of having the idea to bbq but the gas bottle always being nearly empty. Ive only used this to cook mostly chicken and pork and I was very surprised with how good the results were. I decided on the kettle king after not being able to afford a mini weber and worrying about whether I'd use it enough. It's well made and stylish and it's great to know its there ready to go whenever I have the inclination to bbq

Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the 4 stars Markothesharko!! This is definitely great a price effective alternative to those expensive BBQs out there. So easy to operate and clean!!

JodieBrisbane

Perfect bbq in every way

The kettle bbq exceeded all expectations. I used the recipe book provided to cook satay chicken skewers, roast potatoes and corn for six adults and what a hit dinner was. The most important instruction to follow would be the 10 minute on high preheat. So easy to use and even easier to clean. Love this bbq. Follow the instructions for use and you can't go wrong. Nothing negative to report.

Jacqueline Smith

Jacqueline SmithSalamander Bay

Love this little barbeque

We live in a retirement village with a small deck. The Sunbeam Kettle King Barbeque is ideal. Being electric we don't need a gas bottle so it takes up little space on the deck. The non stick plate is great and plenty big enough to cook a barbeque for four people. The plate has a griddle section as well as a flat plate and with the cover in place I can cook a roast with all the trimmings.

Just doesn't get hot enough

Very disappointed. Tried four times to cook leg of lamb. The thermostat does not seem to function correctly so temperature is not conserved, possibly because the socket is such a loose fit. Have even tried jamming it in with a peg, but still does not maintain temperature. Most recent effort was a total failure - after two hours it had not started to cook and had to resort to the oven.

Kleen Kay

Kleen Kay

Seems to cook well but badly designed

Phil McBlue Mountains

Dishwasher safe...??

Kettle King BBQ HG6600B

Cooks very well!! But the Thermo switch under the thermostat some times will not make contact. The reason is Because the thin plastic BASE bends when it gets warm. A thick rubber band helps Thermo and base to make contact . Which you should not have to do! But I see no other solution!

GreyGuru

Same batch as previous reviewer?

We purchased one of these in late January, but have experienced the same connection issues as the previous reviewer. Very disappointing as our daughter has an earlier one and it works well, The issue has been raised with Sunbeam and to their credit they have sent out a new controller (that didn't fix the problem), and are now sending out a new grill plate and socket (what else can it be?). I'll comment later on how this goes. I would also mention that the overall build quality of this unit is not as good as the earlier one that our daughter has. It's also annoying that the telephone response times are quite long when a call is made .. Sunbeam does not appear to have an email method of handling warranty claims.

Bear

BearPakenham

Kettle King

Electric plug keeps disconnecting, unable to leave unattended.
Have only used twice, second time had to remove meat and transfer to conventional oven inside. I don't believe there is an easy fix. Returning item back to place of purchase and we will see what unfolds.

Gab

GabBallarat

excellent

Some people say it does not cook properly. Well read the instructions and all is ok. Start on the hot settings and let it warm up and not on the low settings or it will never work properly. I do not even need the hood on to cook the sausages and steaks etc.

Dear Gab,
Thank you for your review. We hope you continue to enjoy your BBQ! :)
Kind Regards

Kettle King

The electric plug connection keeps on coming loose and the power goes off. It needs constant attention to push it back in. Very annoying! Any suggestions as to why? Otherwise works OK but agree the stand is too light and unstable

Darkfalz

DarkfalzCanbera

Great electric BBQ

HanNatNana

HanNatNanaOn the coast

No more LPG bottles to worry about!

Deza da Advocate

Deza da AdvocateSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good

An excellent, compact & easy to use fat free electric BBQ that's also easy to clean. It does perfect lamb roasts in little time
Easy to use
Easy to clean
Fat free cooking
PErfect roasts
Small & compact
Having to remove &/or hold the lid means you can only use one hand at a time.
Stand is a little light wight & may be slightly unstable.