Sunbeam Cafe Series LC9000

MPNs: 5407, LC9000 and SNB-LC9000
Listing monitored by Sunbeam

Sueg9South East Queensland, QLD

Absolute rubbish

The first time I used the shredder it broke. I got a replacement and it broke as well and the lid was damaged. Under warranty, I got a replacement machine. Seemed ok at first, but at times the motor made some very loud unexplained noises. The parts don't connect well with each other. Removing the discs or the blade from the spindle requires a lot of effort. Now a piece has fallen out of somewhere and the machine won't work at all. I have had enough and will be asking for my money back. This processor could have been fantastic but whoever actually manufactured it did a terrible job and I think it is fair to say that the product is absolute rubbish. I would advise strongly against purchasing one.

Purchased in August 2019.

Sunbeam
Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Sueg9,
Sorry to hear about this unfortunate experience, please return your unit and replace it for a different model. With our 12 month replacement warranty you have plenty of time to find the model that suits you and truly tested it out.

Sasha
SashaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointing machine

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Anna
AnnaMelbourne

Awful, Stay Away, Conked Out After Only a Few Months

This worked well for a few months making pesto, hummus, chessecake mix, breadcrumbs etc but then conked out completely and the motor hasn't worked since. Simply not good enough, and what's worse I don't have the receipt. Not good enough, perhaps Sunbeam should reconsider using the cheapest possible manufacturing (because they clearly have been using that).

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Lily
LilySouthwest, VIC

Exactly as described

Love the power of this processor. Much quicker than the previous processor, also the double bowl feature is fantastic. The drawer that holds the discs is a great ides. The auto press fantastic, it allows me to be able to prepare whilst this is running. I recommend the LC9000. It perfect for what I want.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Sunbeam food processor

You'll save time in the kitchen with Sunbeam's Food Processor. It has a double bowl feature so you can mix two things at once for faster results, and the auto pulse function provides short bursts of processing so you can continue food prep at the bench without having to continually press the pulse button. Plus, with the Sunbeam LC9000, the included accessories are conveniently stored in the built-in draw for quicker access.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021

A little overpriced for what you get

It performs adequately although looks and feels a little flimsy.
Bought this after a massive fail with a Russell Hobbs and this one is still going which is a plus.
For the money though, I wish I'd invested in a more substantial model, it looks kind of cheap, certainly not an appliance I'd have on display any time.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Susan
SusanCanberra

It works for us!

I'm surprised at the negative reviews here for the Sunbeam Cafe Series food processor. We have been using ours for nearly a year and are very happy with it. It's well designed and easy to clean.

The only negative is that the drawer with the attachments can be difficult to slide out and close.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
red rocker
red rockervictoria, 3081

Food processor my eye!

This food processor was great for three weeks but stopped working suddenly without a reason. I have a minimal budget and if this is the case for you too,do not loose your receipt! It seems to be a pattern as the same thing happened to my sisters unit. The design is pretty below par as the slicing blades sit way to far from the chute which means you end up with un cut chunks you need to do by hand which defeats the purpose! It is a pain to put together after a clean for use, don't we buy these things to speed up and improve our cooking? Bottom line : A waste of $310 and another useless appliance taking up space. I should have read a review here first!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Other Food Processors

On my fourth machine is three years

When this machine works it works great. Does everything I need it to perfectly. But it's rate of breakdown is ridiculous. The first three machines were replaced by warranty but the fourth is now broken and is not covered. The lights come on and the bowl is locked in but when the buttons are pressed they just blink. I suspect it's a problem with the PCB. Can this be replaced or could it be a other issue?

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Find out how Sunbeam Cafe Series LC9000 compares to other Food Processors

Can't even do the basics

- Slicing was fairly useless as the blades are too far away from the chute leaving huge uncut chunks.
- Dropping food onto the chopping blades at the bottom cuts the fist few, then minces them while other pieces bounce around on top - barely touched.
- the whole thing is extremely fiddly to put together with blades precariously close to fingers most of the time it actually scared me to use it.
- We paid $299 on special for it and were swearing at it within 10 minutes.
- Sunbeam is on the black list for us now along with real estate agents, Harvey Norman, Sydney, Landcruiser and Jeep drivers, cyclists, crossfitters and anyone who enjoys wearing a suit to work. Oh and Trump of course.

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Retunrned ours within months

We bought this food processor because I wanted to make nut butters etc. (which I told the sales staff and they recommended this machine). Unfortunately it doesn't have much power at all. Also, the motor couldn't seem to run for more than a few minutes because it got too hot and then I had to wait ages for it to cool down before I could try and continue with cooking. Infuriating.
I did think the bowl design was good because chopped food didn't get stuck under the lid and make a mess when you take the lid off.
But performance wise it deserves 0 stars. Sorry!

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Peterb666
Peterb666Merimbula

Well designed processor and neat storage when not in use.

Bought a lovely red version of the LC9000 food processor, originally to use for running travelling cooking classes but now used in the kitchen. Regularly used for charity cook ups that produce 200 meals in a day.

Well made, durable (those having problems with bits falling off must be very rough with their stuff). Love how it all stores away in the based or inside the large bowl.

The auto pulse works very well. The machine is quite heavy and while that is a bit of an issue when moving it, you get a very stable machine as a result.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
iris
irismt martha

poor quality plastic jug

The motor is fine but this is the 2nd plastic jug that has bits falling off it. Just flimsy. The machine is not designed to last. I had a moulinex food processor that lasted 40 yrs. This one is lucky to last the year out. Its very expensive for a throw-away thing.

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Jill
JillPerth, WA

I year old and stopped working.

did all it should do and I was pleased with it and then it just stopped working, I don't have the receipt as it was a gift, and it will cost nearly $200 to fix, I year old and maybe used 12 times. I will buy a different brand and do my research for my new food processor.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

STOPPED WORKING

Bought it a few years ago and was working fine, did not overwork the machine maybe a dozen times a year then suddenly stopped working. For the price you pay I would have expected it to last decades. Buy cheap and replace regular, not Sunbeam tho. Disappointed, as a Chef I thought that I was buying a solid machine not a lemon

Date PurchasedJan 2012