Sunbeam Long Slot Toaster TA4540

Sunbeam Long Slot Toaster TA4540

MPNs: 466 and TA4540

1.7

• Even Toasting Yes (3) · No (8)
Kay Dee

Kay DeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Only toasts one side

We have had two of these toasters & both within a couple of months stop toasting on one side so you need to flip your bread to toast both sides - every time. Very annoying. They replaced the first one but the second one has been exactly the same. I do not recommend this toaster at all.

Purchased in April 2019 at Big W for A$50.00.

Tracey

TraceySouth East Queensland, QLD

Not fit for purpose - dangerous

We initially purchased the product due to design & well known brand. Sunbeam was always a preference for 3 generations. We initially purchased in 2018 and just shy of the warranty, it caught on fire with a high flume flame shooting through the slots. Luckily, I was standing in the kitchen and was able to deal with it before our kitchen caught on fire. Sunbeam reluctantly replaced it - on the basis of they found fault. Today, just over one year since the replacement was received, it shorted out when cooking. A large bang was heard and our safety switch was triggered. I would be very very reluctant to recommend purchasing this product to anyone as I believe it is dangerous and not fit for purpose.

Purchased for A$60.00.

Waste of money

I wish I had someone read the reviews before I got this, as I am legally blind I couldn’t. Put some toast on this morning on setting 1, thought nothing of it, next minute the house is full of smoke, burnt smell throughout the house.
Definitely will not buy another

Purchased in June 2020 at Big W for A$44.00.

Sue L.

Sue L.South East Queensland, QLD

Short life

Purchased one from the good guys in April 2019 died yesterday 25/5/20, 13 months old and not even used that much, would steer clear of these especially for the price

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for A$54.00.

Even Toasting Yes
CDAussie

CDAussieNortheast, VIC

Rubbish, returned under warranty

Purchased from Target and never worked properly from day one. Cheap push down handle. Springs on slots threw bread onto the floor. Elements were so poorly constructed you had to remove and flip bread for 2nd toast. Took it back and got a Target toaster which works so much better.

Purchased in July 2019 at Target Australia for A$38.00.

Hello CDAussie.
So sorry about your experience with this faulty unit, happy to hear that you used your Sunbeam 12 month warranty and got a new replacement.

RefBarSydney, NSW

Blown Fuses

I am kicking myself, bought this toaster because I liked the look of it and thought, because of the brand name, would be at least reasonable. I'ts AWFUL. Apart from it's terrible performance, most times I use it, when I lower the bread, it sparks at the bottom and blows the fuse. The 2 slicer equivalent I had before did the same thing so I binned it, not expecting the same problem, Obviously a design fault. The product should be removed from the shelves.

Purchased in November 2018 at Big W for A$85.00.

Hello RefBar,
Sorry to hear about your bad experience, however your are still within your 12 month replacement warranty period. Please return to Big W and replace for another toaster.

RefBar

I'm sorry I don't accept that. I don't still have the receipt so it will be rejected by the retailer. This is the second toaster with the same dangerous fault, it's NOT a warranty issue. I want you to replace with a different model toaster

patricia

patriciaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great long slots, but only lasts 2 years

I've bought this toaster twice as I really like the long and wide slots, however, both times the toaster has only lasted 2 years. Is this normal? I'm a bit nervous about getting it again and only lasting 2 years. There doesn't seem to be much else on the market in long slots. It seems to have cut out our electricity. When we turned power back on, everything worked but the toaster. We did nothing other than put in 4 slices of toast.

Purchased in August 2017 at The Good Guys for A$48.00.

Even Toasting Yes

Hello Patricia,
I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience. We're normally known for our exceptional attention to quality, and we regret that we missed the mark with the two units you had purchased.

Simon5353Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Its a breadwarmer, not a toaster

We had this toaster for about 6-months before I retired it to the hallway cupboard, only to be used in emergencies or if our new Toaster dies. I will probably never use it again.

It either only warms the bread up or burns it to an inedible state.

Also, all of the markings and button labels rubbed off very quickly, so its tough to work out what setting you are putting it on.

Stay away from this toaster - waste of money.

Purchased in February 2019 for A$65.00.

Hi Simon5353
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. So sorry to hear of this. Please be assured your feedback will be passed onto our product manager. If you have your receipt please return it to the store of purchase for a replacement or refund.

Simon5353

Thanks for your response! I think that I may have the reciept still at home, so I will take it back to the Good Guys with a copy of this note and go from there. Again, thank you!

Susieq

SusieqBrisbane

Looks good, but just OK

Good looking toaster. Unfortunately it cooks one side perfectly and the other side not so good. Good toaster for large and thick sliced bread. Controls are easy to use and see.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for A$32.00.

Hi Susieq,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. Sorry to hear of this. Please return the toaster to the Good Guys for a replacement. Kind regards, Sunbeam

positivespirit1

positivespirit1Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not Worth the Money

My husband purchased this toaster for our accommodation business with the idea of purchasing more if suitable. Unfortunately setting control above level 3 is uneven toasting/burning and I found the controls to be very cheap and nasty. Not a long term option at all.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$129.00.

Hi positivespirit1,
Sorry to hear of this. If still under warranty please return. We will pass your feedback on.

Philip Gray

Philip GraySouth East Queensland, QLD

Was good while it toasted

I wanted this because it was well priced and would toast those abnormally shaped loaves. It did that so long as you don’t put the setting at 3 or above. Not always evenly, but the person cutting the bread didn’t help. It looked great in the kitchen and matched our decor very well. However when it did go wrong Sunbeam were very supportive and quickly helped us out even though the warranty had expired.

Sunbeam clearly stand by their customers. The new toaster is even better!

Purchased in March 2017 at Big W Retail Stores for A$59.00.

Hi Philip Gray,
Thanks for the great feedback!

WORST TOASTER EVER

This is the worsted toater i ha e ever owned. The only thing it has going for it is that it looks good. Even when this on the lowest setting your have stay with the toaster and manually stop it so your toast spent burn. It also cook unevenly. Real disappointed with this product.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Kp. Sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced. Please call us on 1300 881 861 for further assistance. Alternatively, send us a private message with your contact details and we will organise a call at a time that suits.

Pile of junk.

Thought we’d update our old toaster and hubby bought the sunbeam 4 slice. Teaching my 4 yr old to cook toast, used setting number 4 (thinking usually pretty safe option) before long smoke is pouring out toaster. Turn it off at wall and astounded to see this amazing brand new toaster has skillfully burnt the right hand side of the toast and left the rest under done. Good job sunbeam. Never occurred to me to have to review a toaster as you would think in this day and age we’d know how to make them properly by now! Piece of junk, returning it tomorrow.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

HI Toasted T, sorry to hear this happened, obviously this one slipped through and hope you returned to store.

Toasted T
Toasted T

Thank you for your response, returned it, got full refund.

thecolourbrown

thecolourbrown

The worst toaster we have ever owned

This is a truely terrible toaster. It hasn't worked properly from day 1 and I really regret buying it.
It cooks one side only and burns it very quickly, then burns all the crusts. All the numbers on the dial rubbed off and it springs the toast up so quickly when done that sometimes they land on the floor.

It makes me grumpy every morning and I can't wait to get rid of it!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi, sorry to hear of this. Your toaster is still under warranty so please return to store with your receipt or call us to assist you on 1300 881 861.

caterz

caterzMelbourne

Dissapointed

Very disappointed , My toaster lasted 2 weeks before the outer elements stopped working and my toast was only cooked on one side. Thankfully I listened to the lady at the register from where I purchased it and kept all my packaging and receipt, I was able to get a quick refund.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Anneken

Anneken

Absolute rubbish!

Bought Sunbeam long slot 4 slice toaster and used it on 2 setting (of 6) and got burnt toast. Then tried between 1 and 2 and now after using it only 2 weeks get one side very brown and other not toasted at all.
Very disappointed in Sunbeam as we have always bought their toasters. Never again!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Peter B.

Peter B.MT WAVERLEY

Disgraceful.

We bought this toaster about 6 months ago, and honestly we believe it to be one of our worst purchases ever. How on earth can the toaster burn just half of one side and half burn the other half. The opposite side is similar. We bought it from Harvey Norman at a low price compared to the others on show, however I suppose you only get what you pay for.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Cal

CalBrisbane

works ok but wouldn't buy again

We have used this toaster for about a year and I am looking forward to it breaking so we can buy a new one. We only use it for multi-grain toast or crumpets and to get an even brown we have to stop it halfway and flip the items. If we don't then one side is always much darker and even burnt.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Katie L

Katie LGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect toaster for anything as long as a pizza!

Date PurchasedDec 2016