MPN: TA4540

Its a breadwarmer, not a toaster

We had this toaster for about 6-months before I retired it to the hallway cupboard, only to be used in emergencies or if our new Toaster dies. I will probably never use it again.

It either only warms the bread up or burns it to an inedible state.

Also, all of the markings and button labels rubbed off very quickly, so its tough to work out what setting you are putting it on.

Stay away from this toaster - waste of money.

Purchased in February 2019 for $65.00.

Even Toasting No
Hi Simon5353 Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. So sorry to hear of this. Please be assured your feedback will be passed onto our product manager. If you have your receipt please return it to the store of purchase for a replacement or refund.Thanks for your response! I think that I may have the reciept still at home, so I will take it back to the Good Guys with a copy of this note and go from there. Again, thank you!

Looks good, but just OK

Good looking toaster. Unfortunately it cooks one side perfectly and the other side not so good. Good toaster for large and thick sliced bread. Controls are easy to use and see.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for $32.00.

Even Toasting No
Hi Susieq, Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. Sorry to hear of this. Please return the toaster to the Good Guys for a replacement. Kind regards, Sunbeam

Not Worth the Money

My husband purchased this toaster for our accommodation business with the idea of purchasing more if suitable. Unfortunately setting control above level 3 is uneven toasting/burning and I found the controls to be very cheap and nasty. Not a long term option at all.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman for $129.00.

Even Toasting No
Hi positivespirit1, Sorry to hear of this. If still under warranty please return. We will pass your feedback on.

Was good while it toasted

I wanted this because it was well priced and would toast those abnormally shaped loaves. It did that so long as you don’t put the setting at 3 or above. Not always evenly, but the person cutting the bread didn’t help. It looked great in the kitchen and matched our decor very well. However when it did go wrong Sunbeam were very supportive and quickly helped us out even though the warranty had expired.

Sunbeam clearly stand by their customers. The new toaster is even better!

Purchased in March 2017 at Big W Retail Stores for $59.00.

Hi Philip Gray, Thanks for the great feedback!

WORST TOASTER EVER

This is the worsted toater i ha e ever owned. The only thing it has going for it is that it looks good. Even when this on the lowest setting your have stay with the toaster and manually stop it so your toast spent burn. It also cook unevenly. Real disappointed with this product.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Kp. Sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced. Please call us on 1300 881 861 for further assistance. Alternatively, send us a private message with your contact details and we will organise a call at a time that suits.

Pile of junk.

Thought we’d update our old toaster and hubby bought the sunbeam 4 slice. Teaching my 4 yr old to cook toast, used setting number 4 (thinking usually pretty safe option) before long smoke is pouring out toaster. Turn it off at wall and astounded to see this amazing brand new toaster has skillfully burnt the right hand side of the toast and left the rest under done. Good job sunbeam. Never occurred to me to have to review a toaster as you would think in this day and age we’d know how to make them properly by now! Piece of junk, returning it tomorrow.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
HI Toasted T, sorry to hear this happened, obviously this one slipped through and hope you returned to store.Thank you for your response, returned it, got full refund.

The worst toaster we have ever owned

This is a truely terrible toaster. It hasn't worked properly from day 1 and I really regret buying it.
It cooks one side only and burns it very quickly, then burns all the crusts. All the numbers on the dial rubbed off and it springs the toast up so quickly when done that sometimes they land on the floor.

It makes me grumpy every morning and I can't wait to get rid of it!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi, sorry to hear of this. Your toaster is still under warranty so please return to store with your receipt or call us to assist you on 1300 881 861.

Dissapointed

Very disappointed , My toaster lasted 2 weeks before the outer elements stopped working and my toast was only cooked on one side. Thankfully I listened to the lady at the register from where I purchased it and kept all my packaging and receipt, I was able to get a quick refund.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Absolute rubbish!

Bought Sunbeam long slot 4 slice toaster and used it on 2 setting (of 6) and got burnt toast. Then tried between 1 and 2 and now after using it only 2 weeks get one side very brown and other not toasted at all.
Very disappointed in Sunbeam as we have always bought their toasters. Never again!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Disgraceful.

We bought this toaster about 6 months ago, and honestly we believe it to be one of our worst purchases ever. How on earth can the toaster burn just half of one side and half burn the other half. The opposite side is similar. We bought it from Harvey Norman at a low price compared to the others on show, however I suppose you only get what you pay for.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

works ok but wouldn't buy again

We have used this toaster for about a year and I am looking forward to it breaking so we can buy a new one. We only use it for multi-grain toast or crumpets and to get an even brown we have to stop it halfway and flip the items. If we don't then one side is always much darker and even burnt.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Perfect toaster for anything as long as a pizza!

This was by far our family's favourite household item. We used it everyday for toasting bread. It's so convenient and easy where 4 pieces of bread or 2 long bread rolls cut in half can be toasted at once, the magic is that the bread toasted evenly.

Another I love about this toaster is that there is a long tray at the bottom, where you can easily take it out to empty any fallen crust then insert it back in. Not like other toasters that don't have this option.

The toaster looks and feel very stylish with a sleek finish that will go along with any old to modern style kitchen. Very easy to maintain and a quick wipe down to clean.

Very simple to function with the usual toaster functions like heating temp knob, defrost button and cancel button.

It lasted for 1 good year. Well it may have lasted longer who knows if I hadn't dropped it!!! Long story short I had it on my kitchen bench, while I was cleaning, I accidentally pushed one thing then another thing hit the toaster which causes it to fall of the kitchen bench. Oops! Saw two small pieces of black plastic on the floor along with the toaster. I picked it up, nothing was bent or broken on the outside so i put it ut back up. I was happy it looks fine. But until the next day, my heart broke... The pushed the lever down to toast my bread, the lever and bread springs right up. From that moment I figured the thingy inside the toaster that was suppose to hold the toast down were broken, hence the two pieces of plastic I thought didn't matter Lols.

Rang up the manufacturer, they can't really do much so sadly I had to let it go. Wish i hadn't dropped it.

Time to save up for another toaster I guess?

Worst toaster I've ever had

We bought this toaster from a gift voucher from JB Hi-fi for $50. The toaster itself looks nice, and has one or two features which make it attractive, in particular being able to take a peek at the toast to see if it's cooked, without breaking the cooking cycle.
We bought this particular model as we like to bake our own breads, or buy some artisan style sour dough loaves, which can last forever but only good after a few days in the toaster. We tried this at least 30 times, and each time the toaster would cook the bread unevenly, usually burning one end of the bread and not cooking the other (after following directions in the manual for cooking "long slices".
The slots for the bread appeared wide and would close slightly to centre the bread. This is both good and bad. Good because it tries to cook it evenly on both sides. Bad because it doesn't work very well and if trying to cook something like a waffle or a crumpet - it just tends to mash the food and break the surface rendering it useless.
I've had a $20 tiffany toaster in the past that I bought at safeway, and it worked better than this toaster did. The only thing this Sunbeam did well was cooking single slices of manufactured bread, which you can buy much cheaper toasters to do.
This toaster is 6 months old, and I couldn't even be bothered trying to get sunbeam to rectify it given how useless the product has been. After incinerating some bread today (on a low setting) and the bread getting stuck in the toaster itself, I just walked it to the bin outside and threw it out. I feel horrible about such wastage, but I can honestly say if the product had been even remotely decent at doing what we got it for, I'd have kept it.
Sunbeam really need to quality test their products a lot better than this. I usually go for more expensive appliances from Breville or Kitchenaid, as we couldn't bring ourselves to pay big money for something to toast some bread. However it's far more energy efficient to do it in an appliance than in the electric grill that came with our oven.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Heap of rubbish!

purchased this toaster to exact date 1 year and 6 months of course its out of warranty now so this is how it usually always happens...For the price I payed $39.95 I expected something more reliable ... Would not purchase it again. I called where I purchased it from they also would not do anything for me..

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Uneven and erratic

It is so hard to find a decent toaster! If you put this one above 2 in the dial it burns, if you put it at 1 it hardly cooks, if you put it at 2 it will cook one side and burn the edges - well, that's what happened with our toaster. Returned it after 1 week - disappointed. The Good Guys took it back no problems.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Buy a different toaster

This toaster will alway cook your toast unevenly as the middle element heats up far more quickly than the outside elements.
There are two elements side by side ,so your toast will always brown first when facing the inside elements.
This is not a one off problem this is a design fault in the toaster, as I have owned many tasters it's not the only one with this fault.
I found a way around this while my toast is cooking l turn it around in my toaster then both sides cook evenly.
It's a little bit annoying but at least my toast is right, if I didn't do this one side would be brown and on the other side it wouldn't be cooked, that's how bad it is.

Sunbeam if you're listening, all you need to do is have less element in the middle of your toaster, more element equals more heat, it's that easy and then you would have an awesome toaster.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Died 12 months to the day!

I was happy with this toaster (original review down below) but it has died exactly 12 months from purchase. Because I was away from home for a month I hadn’t taken it back within the 12 warranty. To the fellow's credit at the Sunbeam Factory Outlet Maribyrnong, I got my money back. Only because of this did I buy another, dearer Sunbeam toaster. I’m hoping this one will go longer.

Initial review:

After purchasing this toaster I looked online to get a digital copy of the manual. At this time I noticed so many negative reviews of the toaster. I thought I should take time to write and say that the one I have purchased seems to be working well. It's not a particularly expensive toaster and doesn't toast quite as evenly as $200 toasters that I have owned in the past; but it is of more than acceptable quality for the $30 that mine cost.

As it has two long slots it is useful to be able to toast longer than average pieces of bread.

I have no real complaints and would recommend this over no name cheap toasters.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Terrible toaster

Worst toaster I have owned. Cooks unevenly. Burnt or not cooked at all. One side cooked other side not. No matter what setting you try nothing works. The little green light doesn't even work. If I had the receipt I would be returning it.
I thought sunbeam was a good brand :-(

Date PurchasedDec 2016

It's a bread warmer not a toaster

Bought this bread warmer 6 months ago. It has never consistently toasted anything. Toasts one side burnt and the other gets a slight tan. I have to constantly turn the bread to get anything looking like toast. Suddenly two days ago the toaster decider it didn't want to latch so it wouldn't toast. My son tried this morning and it did latch, shot out a GREEN spark and now buzzers when you push the bread down. My parents have an old sunbeam toaster that is at least 35 years old, copped a flogging through my teenage years and still toasts perfectly, the reason I bought this thing. Don't waste your money on this toaster or the half burnt, half raw toast it produces.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

acceptable toaster

Is there a perfect toaster? This one takes all different types of bread but you do have to turn your toast over to get it the same on both sides which we did with our last toaster. The defrost is a waste of time as it still burns the edges of some breads and doesn't make a difference. Perfectly happy as it didn't cost much. I researched for hours but it didn't help and I went for this because of price and there was nothing really bad written about it. I'm wary about all the fancy extras other toasters boasted.