Sunbeam Quantum Thick and Thin TA4200 / TA4400

Sunbeam Quantum Thick and Thin TA4200 / TA4400

TA4400, TA4200

Don’t buy it

Burns edges and sometimes whole piece of toast no matter what setting it’s on. Tried it with 6 different types of bread and crumpets. One out of 6 types of bread worked fine. If you hold a piece of bread on a metal rack over the toaster and hover it around like a camp fire, it works. Incredibly frustrating during the morning rush to leave the house. This hasn’t put me off sunbeam appliances.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Alisor

Alisor

Very good toaster long and fits different size breads

I've always had a Sunbeam toaster and they seem to be the best, big space for think and thing bread and this one is evem better it fits different lengths of bread. Love it especially for breads like focaccia. It's a good toaster saves me toasting different breads in the grill.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Katiemul

Katiemulkj_mul@yahoo.com.au

What a Bang!!

Have had this toaster for just over 2 years but hasn't been good. Could never get setting right, had to watch the toast cooking all the time. Blew up yesterday and I'm not at all sorry. When we bought the Sunbeam we couldn't bear to throw out our old toaster which was over 30 years old, so it was retired to the cupboard for emergencies. Out it came yesterday and still works perfectly but only good for thin bread.

ANGIE CQueensland, 4124

Sunbeam Quality of Hazardous Errors

Brendan K.Sunbeam
    ANGIE C

Thank you for your reply Sunbeam, I have emailed my details as directed... Thx, Angie4124

felb
    felb

@Sunbeam_Official: I have actually had a similar problem with mine. Plus, even on the highest setting my crumpets are barely browned.

Smoke alarm winner

Sets the smoke alarm off all the time half the toast burnt half not done. Can not get the "just right" setting? Try putting only 2 slices. In the middle to try to get an even colour burnt all over wish I had stuck to a 2 slice might take longer but better results live sun beam but this 4 slice toaster is not to their standard
    White
    Doesn't toast evenly

Cloudy

Cloudy

Not deep enough

It does what it says it will do but as one other reviewer stated, if you want to toast quite large breads such as Helga's, the top of the bread will sit a fraction above the elements so depending on how burnt you like your toast, it may not cook the tops. Bit silly really. Then again, I feel a bit silly reviewing a toaster!
    It releases nicely and seems to be cushioned
    Not deep enough

E Knight

E KnightSydney

Piece of junk

I have only just purchased this toaster and have tried both sourdough (hand sliced) and bakers delight tin loaf (machine sliced) bread. Both toasted in the middle of the slices but burned on the horizontal outer edges. No amount of fiddling with the position of the slice seems to help.

Burns the edges regardless of the heat setting

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi E Knight, we are truly sorry please contact our Consumer Support Team on 1300 881 861 to discuss further. Alternatively, you can return back to the place of purchase with a copy of your purchase receipt for a replacement.

Sunshine Coast
    Sunshine Coast

Bought one as a Christmas gift, for us. I took mine back as I felt I had a faulty one - threw sparks from side lever and the replacement does the same.

brocky49
    brocky49

same thing happened to me, the only setting it didn't burn on was 1 but it wasn't toasted enough

Awesome wee toaster!

We actually got this toaster through the Flybuys loyalty programme here in NZ. Was probably worth the least amount of points. Last time we got a toaster worth more, and it cooked unevenly. This one cooks fast and evenly so really delighted. It's small and compact. Lightweight so easy for the kids to pop in and out of the pantry. Definitely recommend this wee toaster!
    Cooks evenly. Got defrost button - we're not that organised about getting toast out of the freezer. Compact and light. Inexpensive too.

Sunbeam C.Sunbeam

Good day Wendz34. Thank you for your positve feedback! We appreicate the time you took to mention all the great feaures. Regards Sunbeam NZ

Really disappointed

I expected so much more from the Sunbeam brand. From day one using this toast we have had to leave the setting on the lowest or the toast burns each time. The plastic lever to lower the bread broke off after 2 months of normal use, all we do is push it down, if it isn't up to the task then it shouldn't be on the product. This is hands down the worst toaster I have ever owned.
    Looks sleek and not too large for a 4 slice toaster
    Cooks unevenly and burns on all but lowest setting. Cheap materials

westozah

westozahPerth, WA

Piece of junk

Rubbish toaster. burns one part of the toast, whilst not cooking 1/3 of the same slice due to the bread sitting above the element line. I use Helgas, Noble Rise or Abbots Village which are all the same sized loaves and popular breads for many years. We bought this toaster from Coles so you would think a company like Sunbeam would have done enough market research to accommodate popular brands accordingly.

Junk. Useless design and a complete waste of money.

Jess30

Jess30MELBOURNE

toaster

This toaster has been fantastic. it is fast and efficient and is perfect for any size breads.....I have had it for years and it works perfectly still. easy to clean with a silver panel that opens at the bottom. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a toaster that is reliable
    toasts any size bread

gilmor00

gilmor00AU

Good

Not the best toaster out there however, it is one of the cheapest toasters available to purchase so I guess uneven cooking isn’t something to really scoff at. I've had mine since 2006 and it's still going strong. I love that it does defrost frozen bread etc and that you can clean it quite easily due to the removable bottom tray however, you do still need to give it the upside down turn to get everything out. If you have the dollars to purchase a great toaster and really like your toast perfect from side to side this isn't what you should consider buying however, as I said for the cost (I think I paid $20!) - It's just perfect for me.
    Great defrost function.
    Like everyone else has said - does not cook evenly.

Sada

SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

OK

slorta

slortaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible

Nothing about this toaster makes it a worthwhile purchase. Piece of rubbish that should be withdrawn from the market with the designer drawn and quartered.
    Nothing really, unless you like your toast well done on one side and barely cooked on the other.
    Toasts one side heavily, the other side barely, so to get even toasting you need to cancel and flip. Anything on the setting about 1 produces burnt toast, and the setting goes up to 6! (Radioactive bio-char anyone?) Waste of power when not wanting four pieces. Poorly designed lifting mechanism meaning that if you're toasting crumpets or muffins you'll often burn yourself trying to get the buggers out. Heat produced is quite staggering so be careful what you place it under.

lus76

lus76Bundoora, VIC

Bad

For a good brand this doesn't toast evenly and didn't last long. I find that it does toast quicker than some other brands but I would prefer to have something that would last a couple of years than have quick uneven toast.
    Defrost function works well and it's quick to toast compared to some other toasters.
    Doesn't toast evenly and broke only after 7 months. Didn't bother getting it fixed as I just bought a replacement which i'm happy with.

Terrible

Hopeless. Yes it takes 4 pieces of toast or two large pieces but it burns every time. don't buy it (mine is less than 6 months old on 2jan2010)
    It looked stylish
    It doesn't cook evenly and the edges of the bread, no matter whether its frozen or fresh, always burn

ashjane

ashjane

Terrible

Absolute piece of junk. We didn't pay much for it but it still ends up just being wasted money. Our old Sunbeam Quantam was great, this is just made in China rubbish
    Cheap, we paid $30 for it
    Cooks unevenly, Like most other people have said, no piece of toast comes out the same.

jrg200

jrg200

OK

have used it for a few years actually, and i suppose i just got used to it. i usually flip them half way, can't say that it's as bad as what everyone else is saying, but maybe i'm not expecting as much from it?!
    takes 4 pieces of toast