Stopped working just out of warranty period
Did work fine for a few months, then just sort of gave up. Error codes popping up, would steam and hiss without making coffee, began beeping endlessly when it was powered, the time display stopped showing the minutes and finally stopped working completely.
Called support, they were useless. As it's out of Sunbeams' 12 month warranty they want nothing to do with it. Thanks I guess, I've learnt to avoid sunbeam products! And you should too dear reader.
Great morning start
Love this machine, simple and easy. The only problem is finding a coffee that I like. Love the time delay, I set it up ready to go 10min prior to me getting up. The coffee has stayed hot for the whole 4 hrs, I have had no problems in the heating. It is very stylish and that was a selling point, easy to clean.
Purchased in December 2019 at Myer Retail Stores for $99.00.
Great Machine, just what I expected.
Good quality machine, fast brewing, can also set time delay to wake to a morning brew. A++
Coffee quality is consistent and I just need to adjust the amount of coffee I put into the machine, has a great guide on how many scoops etc... you need to work out your flavour and strength by experimenting (A good thing not bad).
Coffee nice temperature, keeps hot for over 3 hours.
Only down side, the water filter inserts aren't readily available at the retailer to buy easily, need replacing monthly.
Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman.
Find out how Sunbeam Specialty Brew Drip Filter Coffee Machine PC8100 compares to other Drip Coffee Machines
Know better, choose better.
Questions & Answers
Frequently Asked Questions about Sunbeam Specialty Brew Drip Filter Coffee Machine PC8100
My coffee tastes horrible even after trying different grinds and using different paper filters. What should I do?
Try a different brand of coffee beans. Percolated coffee is an acquired taste which is different to instant coffee.
How do I clean and care for my machine?
Descale. your Sunbeam Specialty Brew Drip Filter coffee machine. Minerals (calcium/limestone) found in water will leave deposits in your coffeemaker and affect its performance. It’s recommended that you regularly remove these deposits using vinegar.
- Remove the advanced water filtration system from the coffeemaker.
- Prepare 4 cups or 600ml of undiluted, white household vinegar. Pour the vinegar into the water reservoir.
- Place the empty reusable filter into the filter basket and close the coffeemaker’s lid.
- Place the empty carafe back in the unit, centred on the warming plate.
- Press the Clean button. The coffeemaker will run a slow clean cycle and shut off.
- Discard the cleaning solution and rinse the carafe thoroughly with clean water.
- Fill the water reservoir with 12 cups of clean, fresh water.
- Place the empty carafe back on the coffeemaker, centred on the warming plate.
- Remove the reusable filter used during the cleaning cycle and rinse it thoroughly before replacing it in the filter basket.
- Press Brew Now and allow the full brew cycle to complete, rinsing the coffeemaker with hot water.
- Discard the water and rinse the carafe thoroughly with clean water.
- Repeat steps 8 through 12 one more time, to ensure it is fully rinsed. Your coffeemaker is now clean and ready to brew the delicious, hot coffee!
Note: It is recommended that you descale your coffeemaker every 30 days.
The water seems to flow way too quickly and I end up with dull tasting coffee, what should I do?
Use a finer grind on the coffee beans.
Latest Consumer Questions
Hi i have had my sunbeam coffee maker for a ciuple of months and it has now come up with error code ec2
Hi Sarah K,
I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via this please.
Have a 3 months old PC8100 you load it up press brew nothing happens for about 30 seconds then it says finished, clean function doesnt work, water will not go thru it at all. Is there a reset, please dont suggest cleaning as nothing is going thru it at all. Is this covered under warranty or another waste of money?
I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via that please.
Do you have to use the water filter cartridge? Can you just go without?
Yes i would suggest using the filter cartridge when using your PC8100. The 2-step advanced water filtration system reduces impurities like chlorine and calcium to make coffee taste better.
Thank you but what I want to know is if it functions without it
Yes you can use it without but it just means you will have to descale it more regularly then if you were using it.
Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.