Sunbeam Specialty Brew Drip Filter Coffee Machine PC8100

• Product is used
  • Consistency

NickyPerth, WA

Great morning start

Love this machine, simple and easy. The only problem is finding a coffee that I like. Love the time delay, I set it up ready to go 10min prior to me getting up. The coffee has stayed hot for the whole 4 hrs, I have had no problems in the heating. It is very stylish and that was a selling point, easy to clean.

Purchased in December 2019 at Myer Retail Stores for $99.00.

Sunbeam
Customer CareSunbeam

Hi Nicky,
Thank you for your wonderful review.

Lisa MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Machine, just what I expected.

Good quality machine, fast brewing, can also set time delay to wake to a morning brew. A++
Coffee quality is consistent and I just need to adjust the amount of coffee I put into the machine, has a great guide on how many scoops etc... you need to work out your flavour and strength by experimenting (A good thing not bad).
Coffee nice temperature, keeps hot for over 3 hours.
Would recommend.
Only down side, the water filter inserts aren't readily available at the retailer to buy easily, need replacing monthly.

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Sunbeam
Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Lisa M,
Thank you for you great review!

Frequently Asked Questions about Sunbeam Specialty Brew Drip Filter Coffee Machine PC8100

My coffee tastes horrible even after trying different grinds and using different paper filters. What should I do?

Try a different brand of coffee beans. Percolated coffee is an acquired taste which is different to instant coffee.

How do I clean and care for my machine?

Descale. your Sunbeam Specialty Brew Drip Filter coffee machine. Minerals (calcium/limestone) found in water will leave deposits in your coffeemaker and affect its performance. It’s recommended that you regularly remove these deposits using vinegar.

1. Remove the advanced water filtration system from the coffeemaker.
  2. Prepare 4 cups or 600ml of undiluted, white household vinegar. Pour the vinegar into the water reservoir.
  3. Place the empty reusable filter into the filter basket and close the coffeemaker’s lid.
  4. Place the empty carafe back in the unit, centred on the warming plate.
  5. Press the Clean button. The coffeemaker will run a slow clean cycle and shut off.
  6. Discard the cleaning solution and rinse the carafe thoroughly with clean water.
  7. Fill the water reservoir with 12 cups of clean, fresh water.
  8. Place the empty carafe back on the coffeemaker, centred on the warming plate.
  9. Remove the reusable filter used during the cleaning cycle and rinse it thoroughly before replacing it in the filter basket.
  10. Press Brew Now and allow the full brew cycle to complete, rinsing the coffeemaker with hot water.
  11. Discard the water and rinse the carafe thoroughly with clean water.
  12. Repeat steps 8 through 12 one more time, to ensure it is fully rinsed. Your coffeemaker is now clean and ready to brew the delicious, hot coffee!

Note: It is recommended that you descale your coffeemaker every 30 days.

The water seems to flow way too quickly and I end up with dull tasting coffee, what should I do?

Use a finer grind on the coffee beans.

Latest Consumer Questions

Tina A.

Tina A.asked

Yesterday I unfortunately dropped and smashed my carafe for this Drip Filter machine - are there spare carafes available and if so the price of them or is it cheaper to re buy the whole machine???

Nicky

Email Sunbeam team, my carafe got a crack in it they sent me a brand new one (under warranty though). They would be able to give you a price to see either way.

Eileen C.

Eileen C.asked

Can you use instant coffee in it or do you have to use beans that you have to ground up??

Lisa M

Can only use ground coffee, instant wouldn't work or be advisable.

mez

mezasked

is water filter required?
Since it is not in retail shops,I cannot find it but do I have not use it or it can be removed?

Lisa M

The filter that is included with the unit is a good idea to use, I was told you can order them from your place of purchase (Harvey Norman etc..) I hadn't thought about not using it to be honest, just looking at the user leaflet no mentions not to.

Sueanne
Sueanne

What if purchased through a website that doesn't sell filter cartridge

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

CategoryDrip Coffee Machines