MPN: PC7900

Good machine for great price

Machine is easy to use and does what it is supposed to do - make drip filter coffee. Don't expect a cheap machine to make gourmet coffees as it is not really possible. This model is good and replaces my old one that was near worn out just before my wife broke the carafe. It was better to replace the old machine and this one fits the bill.
Good coffee, easily made at a great price has to make a person happy.

Purchased in June 2019 at Big W.

Product is used: Daily
Hi Terry, Thank you for the fantastic review. We love it too! Kind regards, Sunbeam

Highly recommended!

I bought this coffee maker 5-6 years ago and it has never given me any major issues. Steam from the hot water may have gotten into the electronics which caused the flashing timer button light to stop working. The button still functioned however just would not light up. In saying that, I have enjoyed perfect coffee every morning without fail. Smooth flavour at the right temperature. After years of delicious coffee, my machine finally died last week, it stopped working altogether and I just replaced it today. Seems like they have a lifespan of 5 years or so as a Breville I bought in 2006 lasted about the same. If this new machine lasts me 5 years I would buy it again as it is quite dependable. Just remember to keep a paper towel or kitchen cloth nearby to wipe the hot plate clean if coffee or water drips on it as this ruins it over time. It will corrode the surface of the hot plate and eventually will not keep your coffee hot. Now, go out and buy one. Well done Sunbeam!

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $57.00.

Product is used: Daily
Hi Sheldon, Thanks for the great review! Enjoy :)

Perfect Morning Coffee!!

Great appliance. Using the timer so when I walk into the kitchen my coffee is ready to go. Keeping the coffee warm as well in case I get caught up with the kids in the morning .. love it. Temperature is great. cant complain about that. We use Gloria Jeans coffee with our machine and the flavours are amazing.. every morning. Definitely no complaints.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Thanks for the great review Kaylene! We really appreciate the positive feedback.

Not as good as my old one!

Coffee from this machine is so watery. I brought this machine because I broke the jug on my old one (sunbeam) which was great. It also takes up way to much space on the beach, disappointed all round.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $59.00.

Product is used: Daily
Hi Liss. Sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your product. If you find the coffee to be too watery, add more ground coffee.Really you think!!! Coffee grounds cost money, why should I have to pay more (coffee) for a product that should work the same as it predecessor?? I have a drip filter to save money on coffee, I may as well go out to a coffee shop each morning!Hi Liss Thanks for the feedback, there are a few things that can be done to improve the flavour of your coffee. You haven’t mentioned the model number so we will give you some ideas which will suit all dripfilters. Use two spoons per cup….the ground coffee should be less than a month old for optimum flavour and be kept in an airtight container. Depending on the age of the product there may be mineral deposits which can affect the taste and performance, you can use descaler or a solution of vinegar and water to remove them. There could be residual coffee grinds, oils from the beans in your filter basket which can be soaked and cleaned in warm soapy water. Hope these suggestions assist you.

Problems after two weeks of using

We bought a Sunbeam drip coffee machine from Harvey Norman. After two weeks the filter spring softened and the coffee started dripping over the hot plate. We had to return it but we wasted time trying to fix the issue.
The capacity is 12 cups which is too much for two people but you ca find nothing smaller or cheaper today. The coffee machine takes too much space for what it does.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hi Adrian. Sorry to hear of the issues you experienced. Your feedback will be passed on to our design team.

Perfect Coffee Every Time

So happy with our Sunbeam Drip Filter Coffee machine. The timer can be set for fresh coffee in the morning it is like waking up in Paris with fresh coffee aromas drifting through the air. Best Quality and reliable and easy to clean. Compact and easy to use cold left over coffee can be frozen used in cakes at a later date.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi Daphne, what a great idea for the leftover coffee, would never have thought of that !! Perfect review, thank you very much!!

This is perfect and I cannot live without it

So easy to use with the timer feature for fresh coffee in the morning without having to wake up. Consistent taste and always kept warm for the two hours specified. Easy to clean and has never let me down. Measurements on the jug are accurate as well with 8 cups of water producing 4 large mugs of coffee consistently.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Thanks for the great review Greenkat!

Wonderful in winter

We love our machine. We use 2 1/2 scoops of lavazza ground coffee to a full pot. The coffee is hot enough to drink easily. It is what we use in winter on cold mornings. It's easy to operate for both myself and my son. He wants one for Christmas this year for when he marries and leaves home soon.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Excellent for the price

I bought this for coffee and it works fine. Love the programming so I can get up in the morning to fresh coffee.
My wife uses it for tea, works just as well.
The only issue is once it has gone through its cycle the hot plate temperature is not adjustable and I feel it is a bit too cold. I have to microwave my cup of whatever to get it hotter.
Other than that just fine.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Perfect drip filter coffee at a low price

Wonderful space efficient design. This is a product, which at $59 has resulted in some true morning happiness. I love the ease of use, ability to set it to auto start in the morning via the clock and that I can pour mid drip and not make a mess!! Nice..

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Hi Shane, great to see that you are enjoying your drip filter machine! Thanks for the great review!

Favourite Machine in the kitchen

Really happy with my new coffee maker, its easy to clean and happy that it doesn't require paper filters! It does require 2 spoons of coffee per cup and I am the only one in the household that uses it, it recommends that you make a minimum of 4 cups per brew so I do go through a lot of coffee.
4 cups equal to 2 coffees in my large coffee mugs. If I don't have two coffees in a row in the morning I usually put it in a thermos to keep it warm, because if you leave on the brew the coffee will burn.
it wont stay hot for long! overall i'm super happy with it and love the way it makes my kitchen smell in the morning!

Budget Friendly Coffee Maker

I am a huge fan of drip filter coffee and I am so pleased with this. Not only does it make a great brew, it does it without wasting filter papers. I always used to run out at the worst time - no longer a problem as this has a mesh basket instead. Works great too. I put on a big generous pot of coffee in the morning and that its for the day. It has a timer too but I have never bothered about that. Its nice looking in silver and a good machine!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Affordable machine that keeps the wife happy

The machine is a basic no frills machine that allows you to make drip coffee. You need no paper filters. It's more environmentally friendly than a POD machine and that's the main reason why we are going to this system. My wife buys the beans from the local coffee shop and grinds the beans in the simple sunbeam grinder that we own. Have not owned it long enough to comment on long term reliability.

Works Very Well Paper Free

I really enjoy this coffee maker. It works admirably and its such a relief to not have to buy filter papers (it has a wire mesh coffee basket instead). You can set the timer to make coffee later and that works well too. The actual coffee is right in the zone and it never spills or makes a mess (like m last one). I am happy with this decent looking and well performing machine

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Sunbeam PC7900

I have been a Drip Coffee Machine user for 20 plus years & in that time have gone through many many machines. Purchased Sunbeam PC7900 Sept. 2016 worked as it should until April 2018. Only complaint was the brightness of the time light, didn’t set on automatic as the bright strobe light flickering effect lit up the entire kitchen which reflected back to our bedroom of a night. It was used every day but I think only lasting 19 months is not good enough.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Good, but I don't love it

Comes with a wire mesh basket and instructions say you can't use filter papers with it. This is disappointing because it makes it difficult and time consuming to clean out, but you don't have the ongoing expense of papers. Still I would have prefered paper for easy clean up! Also the time on the clock needs to be set every single time, unless you leave the power on continually. Would be good if there was a battery backup to maintain the time when you turn the machine on again. Having said that the machine does work well and is easy to use.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Just How i like It

I prefer American style drip coffee which is bad luck because I live Melbourne, the home of espresso, lattes and macchiatos. Everything except regular drip coffee.
The Sunbeam drip filter is an excellent machine and delivers exactly what I want. Operation is so easy. Its got a wire coffee basket instead of needing paper filters. You fill it with coffee, check the water and hit the switch. That's it.
Looks great in the kitchen with its modern stainless steel design. Very happy wit it.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Simple but great little coffee machine!

Purchased it 3 years ago and still happy with it! I had more complicated coffee in the past and got sick of taking so long to make a few cups of coffee, especially when friends came around. But with this one I can make 10 cups of coffee so quickly and easily. The glass jug sits on a hot plate which keeps the coffee hot for 2 hours which is awesome! Easy to use and easy to clean!

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Bought my second one

Previously had one of these that I bought in 2012, it lasted until last year after daily use, before the lights went out on the buttons and made it tricky to set up the timer system. This is a cheap and reliable way to have a freshly brewed cup of coffee every morning. You can set it the night before to brew at a particular time in the morning.

Over time the pipes can get blocked by mineral deposits, but running vinegar through a cycle every year or two clears that up.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Decent coffee machine, but may break down

Purchased this coffee machine just a few months ago and used it daily until it, unfortunately, stopped working last week. Turned out the heating element was defective. Retailer happily replaced the unit though (machine has a 1 year guarantee), so we are now back to enjoying the coffee it produces. Makes a pretty decent cup of coffee, although the plastic filter does not work as well as a paper filter. The machine is pretty much no frills, keeps the coffee warm for about an hour or two, and is easy to clean. Can recommend this - at its current price point of about $50-$60 this is a very decent coffee machine.

Date PurchasedSep 2017