Sunbeam Stainless Drip Filter PC7900

• Consistency
Aish

AishSouth East Queensland, QLD

Luke warm coffee

Bought this machine yesterday to replace my old Sunbeam but very disappointed as coffee Luke warm & not enjoyable to drink,in fact my old machine made warmer coffee,! Very disappointed! Should have taken notice of other reviews. Plan to return as useless product

Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$59.00.

Product is used Weekly
Nini

NiniSouth East Queensland, QLD

filter basket leaks black colour

Recently I purchased this coffee machine and have done cleaning process prior to use. I have already done this several times because the mesh filter basket leaks black colour after washing and still when wet. It has already had 3 washes, soaked twice and even been put in the dishwasher and still black colour is still coming out of the mesh basket. I do not want to use it as it could be poisonous. how many washes do I need to do to clear this.

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Hello Nini,
So sorry to hear about that!
All our products do have a 12 month replacement warranty so please just return the unit to your retailer for new product.

Carlos C.

Carlos C.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love it

Great temp of coffee. Very easy to use and to moderate coffee strength. Could not be happier with the product especially for the price. The only thing I question is the use of glass as it's not as child proof as we would like but still minor in our view

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$70.00.

Hello Carlos C.
Thank you for the wonderful review! Happy drinking.

Drip Coffee Machines

Find out how Sunbeam Stainless Drip Filter PC7900 compares to other Drip Coffee Machines

min40fc

min40fcPerth, WA

Retro brews are back

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$65.00.

Hello min40fc,
Thank you for your review, glad you're loving your sunbeam coffee.

Kris B.

Kris B.

Great option for my home office

Makes great coffee and a lot of it at once so thats a bonus. The only issue I have is that it doesnt stay warm for very long and I like my coffee much hotter.

Purchased in September 2018 at Big W for A$149.00.

Hello Kris B.
Thank you for your wonderful review, we're glad your office is enjoying the Sunbeam Stainless Drip Filter PC7900! It does make great coffee so I'm sure there won't be much left over to get warm.

WawnyHighton

luke warm coffee

After brewing, the coffee is only luke warm. The base plate is warm/hot to touch but the coffee is not. I have to microwave it to get a decent temperature.
I would like to say though, in reading some reviews, that Sunbeam are very good at responding to customers. Unusual from most large companies.

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$59.00.

Wawny

Thank you for replying. Just after the drip process the coffee is luke warm. After 20 minutes of so, the coffee is warmed by the base plate to a decent level. I don't know if that's normal for the machine

Customer CareSunbeam

No that sounds like it is faulty to me, please do return it to Harvey Norman and request a replacement.

LancePerth, WA

Can't get parts?

Received this as a xmas present from my wife. While she was washing the filter basket holder, the rubber seal holding the spring and dispenser in place has come away rendering the machine redundant. I contacted Sunbeam and they say the part isn't available. Surely there is an alternative without paying half the cost of the machine for a whole new coffee basket ($30). Sunbeam, please help me to support my caffeine habit. I have barely begun my search for the perfect coffee (am loving the crema coffees).

Purchased in December 2018 at BigW for A$60.00.

Terry

TerryNSW, 2114

Good machine for great price

Machine is easy to use and does what it is supposed to do - make drip filter coffee. Don't expect a cheap machine to make gourmet coffees as it is not really possible. This model is good and replaces my old one that was near worn out just before my wife broke the carafe. It was better to replace the old machine and this one fits the bill.
Good coffee, easily made at a great price has to make a person happy.

Purchased in June 2019 at Big W.

Hi Terry,
Thank you for the fantastic review. We love it too! Kind regards, Sunbeam

Highly recommended!

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for A$57.00.

Hi Sheldon,
Thanks for the great review! Enjoy :)

Kaylene Rogerson

Kaylene RogersonPort Hedland

Perfect Morning Coffee!!

Great appliance. Using the timer so when I walk into the kitchen my coffee is ready to go. Keeping the coffee warm as well in case I get caught up with the kids in the morning .. love it. Temperature is great. cant complain about that. We use Gloria Jeans coffee with our machine and the flavours are amazing.. every morning. Definitely no complaints.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Kaylene! We really appreciate the positive feedback.

LissNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Not as good as my old one!

Coffee from this machine is so watery. I brought this machine because I broke the jug on my old one (sunbeam) which was great. It also takes up way to much space on the beach, disappointed all round.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$59.00.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Liss. Sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your product. If you find the coffee to be too watery, add more ground coffee.

Liss

Really you think!!! Coffee grounds cost money, why should I have to pay more (coffee) for a product that should work the same as it predecessor?? I have a drip filter to save money on coffee, I may as well go out to a coffee shop each morning!

Adrian

AdrianSydney, NSW

Problems after two weeks of using

We bought a Sunbeam drip coffee machine from Harvey Norman. After two weeks the filter spring softened and the coffee started dripping over the hot plate. We had to return it but we wasted time trying to fix the issue.
The capacity is 12 cups which is too much for two people but you ca find nothing smaller or cheaper today. The coffee machine takes too much space for what it does.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$59.95.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Adrian. Sorry to hear of the issues you experienced. Your feedback will be passed on to our design team.

Daphne

DaphneUpper Yarra

Perfect Coffee Every Time

So happy with our Sunbeam Drip Filter Coffee machine. The timer can be set for fresh coffee in the morning it is like waking up in Paris with fresh coffee aromas drifting through the air. Best Quality and reliable and easy to clean. Compact and easy to use cold left over coffee can be frozen used in cakes at a later date.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Daphne, what a great idea for the leftover coffee, would never have thought of that !! Perfect review, thank you very much!!

Greenkat73

Greenkat73williamstown

This is perfect and I cannot live without it

So easy to use with the timer feature for fresh coffee in the morning without having to wake up. Consistent taste and always kept warm for the two hours specified. Easy to clean and has never let me down. Measurements on the jug are accurate as well with 8 cups of water producing 4 large mugs of coffee consistently.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Greenkat!

Review collected in partnership with Sunbeam

Therese

ThereseWagga Wagga

Wonderful in winter

We love our machine. We use 2 1/2 scoops of lavazza ground coffee to a full pot. The coffee is hot enough to drink easily. It is what we use in winter on cold mornings. It's easy to operate for both myself and my son. He wants one for Christmas this year for when he marries and leaves home soon.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

JasonF

JasonFBrisbane

Excellent for the price

I bought this for coffee and it works fine. Love the programming so I can get up in the morning to fresh coffee.
My wife uses it for tea, works just as well.
The only issue is once it has gone through its cycle the hot plate temperature is not adjustable and I feel it is a bit too cold. I have to microwave my cup of whatever to get it hotter.
Other than that just fine.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Shane

ShanePerth

Perfect drip filter coffee at a low price

Wonderful space efficient design. This is a product, which at $59 has resulted in some true morning happiness. I love the ease of use, ability to set it to auto start in the morning via the clock and that I can pour mid drip and not make a mess!! Nice..

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Shane, great to see that you are enjoying your drip filter machine! Thanks for the great review!

Louise

LouiseGeelong

Favourite Machine in the kitchen

Really happy with my new coffee maker, its easy to clean and happy that it doesn't require paper filters! It does require 2 spoons of coffee per cup and I am the only one in the household that uses it, it recommends that you make a minimum of 4 cups per brew so I do go through a lot of coffee.
4 cups equal to 2 coffees in my large coffee mugs. If I don't have two coffees in a row in the morning I usually put it in a thermos to keep it warm, because if you leave on the brew the coffee will burn.
it wont stay hot for long! overall i'm super happy with it and love the way it makes my kitchen smell in the morning!

TTime

TTimemelbourne

Budget Friendly Coffee Maker

I am a huge fan of drip filter coffee and I am so pleased with this. Not only does it make a great brew, it does it without wasting filter papers. I always used to run out at the worst time - no longer a problem as this has a mesh basket instead. Works great too. I put on a big generous pot of coffee in the morning and that its for the day. It has a timer too but I have never bothered about that. Its nice looking in silver and a good machine!

Date PurchasedMar 2018
ShaunD

ShaunDMelbourne

Affordable machine that keeps the wife happy

The machine is a basic no frills machine that allows you to make drip coffee. You need no paper filters. It's more environmentally friendly than a POD machine and that's the main reason why we are going to this system. My wife buys the beans from the local coffee shop and grinds the beans in the simple sunbeam grinder that we own. Have not owned it long enough to comment on long term reliability.

Seaw Y.

Seaw Y.asked

The power light is on but not heating up nor filtering/dripping out coffee. Please advise.

Lyn

Lynasked

We purchased our Sunbeam yesterday and followed the pre use cleaning instructions. The coffee filtered as expected but only luke warm so today tried it leaving it on the warmer for 20 minutes after brewing and still only luke warm - is this normal? Being a basic unit there is no option for heat control and we like our coffee hot.

Rodasked

My coffee machine seems to be taking an extraordinary long time to brew - it never did in the past. Instead of a light/steady stream flowing into the carafe, it is now just drips one drop at a time - took 15 mins to brew up to the 4 cup mark (??) - also the coffee tastes 'burnt' - have had the unit for over 3 years now and never had a problem, until this week. Have cleaned the unit by running through a 'cycle' with just water/lemon juice in an attempt to clean the water hose and spout - same problem occurred this morning. Wondering if the spring from the filter holder (that the carafe pushes up when placed on the hot plate) may be worn out and not opening up fully when I place the carafe in - ???? - any suggestions (or has the unit just come to the end of its days?).

Noela

Lance

That is way long for a brew especially in the morning. I would try removing the valve assembly that allows the coffee to drip into the pot and give that some close attention. Be very careful not to lose any parts and take note of how it comes apart. Take photos as you go. The silicone rubber seal you can see when you remove the filter basket and look inside, is fragile so be careful cleaning it. These parts can not be bought on their own, you have to buy the 2 baskets and valve as a unit (the Brew Group I think it called), which is about $30. Thoroughly clean all parts and test the spring action when reassembled. It should have about 12 mm of stroke.

Hope this works

Rod

Thanks so much for your suggestion, Lance - will give it a try.
Regards\
Noela

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives