Sunbeam Toastum TA6210 / TA6410

Sunbeam Toastum TA6210 / TA6410

TA6410B, TA6410, TA6210, TA6210B

• Even Toasting Yes (0) · No (1)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

Disappointing

We bought the Sunbeam TA6410 toaster as we needed a 4 slice with our growing family. It never toasted evenly and you had to keep an eye on it and turn the bread to toast both sides. Upon complaining to Sunbeam, they very kindly sent me a replacement toaster. The one I received is the same model and does the same thing. This toaster is not worth using and I am really glad to see that it has been discontinued.

I am unhappy that I gave away my $20 old faithful 2 slice toaster as it worked perfectly.

So now I'm on the hunt for a toaster - not sure what it will be, but it won't be Sunbeam and it will work!

Purchased in June 2019 at Target Australia for $70.00.

Even Toasting No
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Woods,
Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to pass this on to our product team.
Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Jen M

Jen M

Sunbeam Quantum Thick and Thin

I bought this toaster last year and I couldn't get the setting right. I rang the company to complain and they graciously sent me another one, after I'd returned this one.
SAME PROBLEM!!
I can't bear it any longer and I can't wait for it to stop working so I'm going out to buy a different toaster today. I'm tired of starting each day with toast that has either been burnt or undertoasted.

What a shame Sunbeam

We received a Sunbeam TA6410 toaster some years ago as a present and it worked well and was very functional, until after a year or so it stopped working. As we didn't have the receipt we purchased another one, again within a year it also stopped working, but this time we had the receipt and had the unit exchanged free of charge. Now this 3rd unit has failed and emits electrical sparks when switched on. So within a time frame of some 3 years, three Sunbeam toasters have stopped working and we can thank our lucky stars that no has been electrocuted.
You guessed it the new toaster we have just purchased was not a Sunbeam.
We used to consider Sunbeam a reliable product, but after this we will not be buying any more Sunbeam products.

A Great Toaster

Don't bother!!!

Don't waste your money and time on purchasing this toaster! As you will either have to return it or bin it as it is so frustrating when you cook toast or crumpets and can't get them out of the toaster. I spend more time trying to get them out than it takes for them to cook and invariably I have to cook them twice as they never seem to be done. So they always end up over cooked or under cooked. Never again Sunbeam, never again!
It looks good
Can't get the toast out on the toaster easily.

Lofty

LoftyAdelaide

Dangerous!

Worked ok for a few weeks, then became erratic. I grumbled that it had the technology of a space ship but still couldn't cook toast properly. Then the other day I found the kitchen full of smoke and my toast a smouldering cinder. It simply failed to pop. Could have burned my house down! I registered here to warn others of this danger. Sunbeam - never again.

Fire hazard

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Lofty, we are truly sorry to hear of this issue, could you please contact our Consumer Support Team to organise an assessment of the toaster and also a replacement for you. Please contact us on 1300 881 861.

BugzeeTaupo

Don't Buy it! Zero Rating!

This is the second TA6410B that I have had. Both of them threw sparks and died after about 4 months. I returned the first one thinking I had just gotten unlucky. When the second one did the same. I knew the model was a lemon. Both were never abused, and were cleaned regularly. I usually only ever used it on the weekend so neither of them had had a lot of use
I will exchange this one for another brand. No more Sunbeam rubbish for me
Up until they both blew they were good
4 month life span for both of them!!

Sunbeam C.Sunbeam

Good day Bugzee. We are sorry to hear about your issue. Please could you contact us on 0800 786 232 or email to: cst @sunbeam.co.nz to discuss further. Kind thanks Sunbeam NZ

Bugzee

I will call you this week.

Sunbeam C.Sunbeam

Rob2013

Rob2013AU

Sunbeam Toastum

Not 100% Happy with the Sunbeam Toastum Toaster, I purchased this particular toaster a couple of weeks ago because of not only its looks but also all of the things I wanted in a toaster. I have burnt my fingers a few times trying to get muffins and crumpets out of this toaster as it does not pop up high enough, also it is very temperamental at times to get the lever to lock down to toast.
The look and all the functions
Not good for getting muffins & crumpets out of it

geoffcb

geoffcbBrisbane

How the mighty Mr Sunbeam has fallen!!

L McCALLUMADELAIDE

Happy So Far Sunbeam Toastum TA6410B 4 Slice Brushed Stainless Steel

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Dear L McCallum, we are sorry to hear of your toaster issue. Please return back to the place of purchase with a copy of your receipt for a replacement.

Suckbeam Wrecksum toaster TA6410

HobartReviewer

HobartReviewerAU

Terrible

very dissapointing for a Sunbeam product. All looks and no performance.
returned it to the store and bought a different brand toaster
The Toastum has a nice sleek and compact design with brushed chrome surface
The toastum browned only the edges of the toast. It would not toast a second round of toast until it cooled down. whihc took approximately 3 -4 minutes.
The high lift lever failed to lift the bread free of the heat elements.

JenP

JenPQLD, 4020

Bad

kiwicarolyn

kiwicarolyn

OK

Good overall toaster if purchasing for everyday use. Would be nice if it came with a separate tray to collect extra crumbs.
TA6410B Nice wide slots for crumpets and muffins but DO use the crumpet setting otherwise they'll burn (guess that's why it's there). Easy to wipe sides clean.
Defrost setting works well.
Gathers a lot of crumbs and not that easy to empty, needs a lot of shaking upside down to disperse all the crumbs. High lift button not really that high lifting - I still have to stick a knife down to get some things out (when it's turned off, of course).
Prone to burn marks on top of toaster area.
Diff

Lee2727

Lee2727VICTORIA, 3243

Not too bad

This product isn't too bad for a 4 slice toaster. It does take a bit to warm up and you may have to pop the toast back down 2 times before it cooks but once it's warmed up, it cooks fine. The only dislike is that the wires inside the toaster sometimes get in the way of the toast and the toast becomes stuck!
I can fit 4 slices of bread in at one time! Very handy for a family of 5.
Toast sometimes gets stuck in the wires.

suzie2010

suzie2010

Terrible

Very disappointing performance from Sunbeam. This is the worst toaster I have ever had. Will be getting rid of it as soon as possible.
nothing to recommend
Very uneven toasting (especially frozen bread). Inadequate tray - crumbs everywhere. Poor heat control - have burnt my fingers. Hard to clean top of toaster.

This is bad, DONT get it!!!

I brought this toaster , and then after about a month it suddenly stopped working ! So I went back into the store and they said we can just replace it for free for the same model. I go to toast bread in the new one and when ever you try toast something, it would blow all the fuses in the kitchen. Burns most of the time, setting off smoke alarm almost every time.
Shiny
Unreliable

TDsReview

TDsReviewGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bad

Looks great, great function but doesn't live up to expectations. Disappointing and besides it died this week 14 months old, this is two in a row and only two of us using it. mmmm. What can I say. Not cheap Either
Crumpet,Frozen and wide opening for thick bread.
Has never cooked evenly on both sides.

Terrible

Is the WORST toaster we have ever had. Was a gift to replace a cheap KMart toaster which was much better.

Lever to push toast down broke within 2mths of using. Was always stiff and jamming. Lever only plastic. Never toasts anything evenly. Is not actually high lifting.

sammut

sammut

OK

I have the TA6210B. It is certainly much better than our previous Kambrook toaster, which burnt toast on one side. Even this one isn't as good as I would expect for the price. I think Sunbeam are riding on their past reputation too much and not striving to provide a top quality product these days. As we all know, "they don't make 'em like they used to".
Looks nice. It does an OK job at toasting. Matches our other Sunbeam stainless steel appliances.
The control is a bit touchy. Toasting is a little uneven at times but it's usually OK.