3Sunbeam Shade Select Vertical Waffle Maker WAM5000BK

100% · 110%
4.9
Buying Guide Banner
Sunbeam Shade Select Vertical Waffle Maker WAM5000BK Showcases

Official material from Sunbeam.

Read now

Belinda7 posts

Great machine that works perfectly

Works so well, really happy with it. I've been doing quadruple batches on the weekend and putting a stack in the freezer for an easy week day breakfast. The recipes in the included booklet and online recipe book are consistently good too, I love the basic sweet waffle and the coconut and raspberry flavour.
The tips in the booklet are great as well i.e. how to cook thick or thin batters differently.
I do wish I could remove the hotplates to dunk in the sink, most recipes I definitely don't need to do more than a wipe over, but after doing a batch of chocolate waffles with choc chip pieces it does need a bit more of a scrub. Show details ·  1
Jeannette13 posts

LyndajjUlverstone5 posts

Waffle heaven

Such an easy thing to use!! Who knew waffles could be put back on the menu so easily! Kids love it as it’s fool proof. Easy to clean and to store away.
Purchased on sale - as I wasn’t really convinced it would be a good thing.. but proven wrong .. even got the husband cooking!  Show details
ashpete02
ashpete02Hobart, TAS21 posts
  Fair Incentive Ambassador Review
Kate555Sydney, NSW49 posts
  Fair Incentive Ambassador Review
Sam.W
Sam.W
  Fair Incentive

Waffles for breakfast lunch and tea!

The Sunbeam Verical Waffle Maker is not only mess free and easy to use but it makes the most delicious waffles I have ever tasted!

You simply mix the batter (recipe suggestions are provided) fill up the cup and pour it in from the top once the digital screen on the machine instructs you to do so. It will also let you know how many minutes it has before your waffles are ready depending on which setting you select. My favourite is the light and fluffy.

I am so impressed by this machine and the features it has that we plan to purchase them as gifts for friends and family. Show reply

Patrick
PatrickGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC37 posts
  Ambassador Review
  • +8Thumbnail
Ashlee
AshleeSydney, NSW

Perfect Waffles!

Absolutely love my new waffle maker! The vertical design makes it very easy to use, it includes a measuring cup that is the exact measurement for one waffle, ensuring that you get a full fluffy waffle every time. The dial has five different shade and texture options from light and fluffy to dark and crispy which is perfect as I love fluffy waffles and my fiancé prefers them crisp. Another feature I found really impressive is the LCD screen, it tells you once it’s heated up and starts a cooking countdown once the mixture has been poured, cooking every waffle to perfection! Being on a plant-based diet I was very excited to see that the booklet also included gluten free and vegan recipe options.  Show details ·  1
jacinta s.
jacinta s.

My new favourite appliance

I have made sweet potato waffles and chocolate cinnamon waffles, both gluten free and they have turned out an absolute dream, best waffle maker out there! I used the crispy setting for the sweet potato and light and fluffy for the sweet, texture did not disappoint!  Show details ·  1
Sonali G.
Sonali G.2 posts

Perfect waffles every time

Finally a waffle maker that is not only mess free and easy to store and use but gives you a genuine variety of waffle textures and shades. The display tells you exactly when it is ready for use and when cooked along with the time left which is a huge plus in my books. I have made two types of waffles in this (basic and buttermilk), they were both perfect. Highly recommend this product! Show details ·  1
Robbie
RobbieSydney, NSW3 posts

Perfect Waffle maker

So much to love about this waffle maker, it has multiple settings for different levels of crispness, being upright it takes up minimal room in the kitchen, it gets to temp quickly, and is easy to use and clean  Show details ·  1

Frequently Asked Questions about Sunbeam Shade Select Vertical Waffle Maker WAM5000BK

Why is my waffle not evenly cooked?

1. Too much batter - do not overfill the waffle maker.

2. Thick batter - do not over-mix waffle batter.

3. The food needs further cooking - do not open the waffle maker while steam is escaping. Most waffle recipes bake in approximately 3 minutes. Waffles are generally done when steam no longer escapes from the unit.

Why is my waffle not crispy?

Select the desired texture of the waffle from the dial. For a more crispy waffle please select Dark Crispy.

Why is my waffle not cooked thoroughly enough?

The waffle needs further cooking - close the waffle maker and continue to cook until it's done. The screen may display "Pre-heating" or "Ready to cook" during this time.

Latest Consumer Questions

Wyanda L.
Wyanda L.

Good day, can I use pre-made mixture, like the Kialla Organic mixture from Coles?
Thanks wyanda

Emma B.
Emma B.

First time using the waffle maker, not sure if it was the recipe but not great. I used a thermomix version to save time. The waffles were too dark for us even on the lowest setting. I'm going to try a Belgian Waffle recipe next time. Any other tips? Thank you. I love the ease of use and just need to create the perfect Waffle.

Lyndajj

Hi. I just use the recipes in the little book that come with it. Have had heaps of great compliments on the basic recipe and the GF one. Never had a problem with them being dark. I always use the lowest setting for light and fluffy.

Belinda

There is a great variety of recipes in the included booklet and the recipe booklet is also available in pdf online.
The recipes are designed for the machine, they come out super well. Please give these a try before you dismiss the machine.

Belgium1
Belgium1

There are different types of Belgian waffles but I am only interested in making the Brussels waffle which is very crispy(you can hear it cracking when you cut it with a knife).
Is this waffle machine capable to make the Brussel waffle?

Sunbeam