Suncorp Life Insurance

Suncorp Life Insurance

Income Protection

Had a claim through Suncorp. They underpaid my claim for 11 years. Costing me several hundred thousand. Untrustworthy and don’t care about customer. There action were criminal. Research any company first and check policy wording.

Claim MadeYes
Claim DateFebruary 2002

Trauma insurance claim

Firstly, I would like to make a couple of comments about other reviews below about Suncorp.
1) Sunsuper is an industry superannuation fund and has absolutely nothing to do with Suncorp Life insurance.
2) Under the Financial Services Privacy Provisions, only the policy owner can make changes to, or be given specific information about, their policy - not even their spouse if they are not a co-owner. It's the law.

In my personal experience I have nothing but praise for Suncorp. My wife took out a life insurance policy for $150,000 with a $75,000 Trauma cover rider. About 4 months after the policy started, at her usual annual check up breast cancer was detected in one breast. After they obtained a medical report from her doctor Suncorp paid the $75,000 into her bank account. My wife was relieved because she could afford breast reconstruction surgery after the breast was removed. Because she had the life buy back option, after 12 months from diagnosis, the life cover was reinstated to $150, 000. What's not to like about this outcome?

Insurance claim madeYes

Same old story, 6 to 8 weeks.

Thank you to the person who posted 6 to 8 weeks. I thought it was just me. Was i going crazy. It's now been 11 months waiting for a measly $2000 from my deceased sons estate. These people are trained to stall on pay outs hoping we will just give on. They make up their own rules to make claims very difficult and when you do get what they ask, you are told to forward it all to the Brisbane office and it will be reviewed in 6 to 8 weeks. After waiting 10 weeks and not being contacted i finally got through to someone that said, no no you should of sent them to our Sydney office, so i had to run around and get another original death certificate, blah, blah.
11 months and I've heard it all from these cheats, but i tell you all don't give in, play their stupid game. I still haven't got the cash but its not about the money for me as much as it is for them.
They have never shown any sorrow and have never said, I'm sorry but..
Not a very nice company at all.
Please tell everyone to stay away from these dogs.

Insurance claim madeYes

6 to eight weeks waiting?

Will review in 6 to 8 weeks, in the meantime you can wait another 6 - 8 weeks before Sunsuper decides to review their review and that will take 6 - 8 weeks,considering that it does go over 8 weeks then wait longer for the initial 8 weeks to be extended another 8 weeks until Sunsuper decides that maybe the 8 weeks was a bit long and pass it onto another department for review and a response will be given within 6 - 8 weeks.And maybe extended if they cannot understand what a change of date means then well, another 6 - 8 weeks....

Never again

Misleading information, claim to offer premium refund for cancelled policies but rather keep the money for their thieving pockets. Huge mistake using this company.

Insurance claim madeNo

Suncorp insurance personel unproffesional.

Suncorp put up my live insurance from $108 to $125 .
When i phone them on 12/11/2014 the little boy on the phone was not help full .I ask him if i can get the the amount reduce .He told me that even i pay for it, it is my wives policy and and he can discuss it with me and that he is going to cancel the policy which i was paying since 2006.Will not deal with suncorp again .The policy is so old that n dont got the number any more .