Suzuki GSX-R750

Suzuki GSX-R750

GSX-R750 and GSX-R750L1

See the Best Super Sport Bikes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Swiss army knife of a bike

I'm recently new to riding, have ridden a Yamaha MT07 Lams (mushy suspension) and recently my brother's Aprilia RSV4RF (race bike position and performance). I did a lot of research, sat on a heap of bikes and settled on the Gixxer 750 2015 model in the triton blue race livery.
Seriously good bike.
First impressions, so nice to ride, suspension is adjustable and didn't take long to get a nice front end feel. Just a million miles better than that MT07 stock job. Performance wise, it is pretty sedate until you get about 5,000 rpm on the tacho, which had me confused a bit as the MT had more torque low down and felt quicker on the street as a result. However once you hit 5,000rpm things get interesting which is the mid-range everyone talks about. The world starts coming at you noticeably quicker. The intake howl right underneath you is screaming, but you've got to keep ringing its neck until it gets to 9,000 and then the holy crap moment occurs. It has another power band that is just insane.
I'd ridden mine a few times on the road changing around 4-5K due to the intake howl, then took it on track. I took two sessions to adjust my hearing to the engine sound to get the gear changes right. You have to literally get it to scream its head off and then you feel the power band. I had one moment where i must have slipped a bit and gave it a bit more than I was intending coming out of a corner and the bike just threw me backwards. I was falling off it was accelerating that fast. The gearbox is regarded as one of, if not the best on a sportsbike according to a guy my bro knows who races in the American pro-stock series. I have no problems with the gearbox, easy shifting, adjustable footpeg (people complain about this but its a 30s job to adjust right where you want it).
Once you get back on the road, you can ride it nicely around in the low-mid range and its very manageable. But you know what its capable of and that's the problem. Once you've tracked this bike it is so hard to just dawdle around on the street on it again.
It also has a good seating position. I'm nearly 6'2 and the Kawasaki and Suzuki cockpits fit me best. Although its a 600 frame, the seating position I can get comfortable in and its nowhere near as aggressive as the R1 or the Aprilia in terms of rearset height and load on your front wrists. So you can ride this thing for a while without really getting tired or cramped.
For me, I love the look of new retro bikes like the Z900RS and Thruxton and I might get on one day. But as my brother said, sportsbikes have the best brakes, suspension, lack of weight and geometry and I agree. The only changes I did make prior to the track day were to install front end steel braided brake lines and they worked well on track. I'm happy with the Yoshi exhaust look, I just don't see the point in spending more money to get rid of the cat via a mid-pipe and then have to get it tuned or install a power commander. Its got enough grunt for me as is and as a road proposition, far too much. You don't have to change gears to get booked on any Australian road. If you hit the power band at 9K in second you'd be doing over 130. I just don't understand 1000's as street bikes. Track, even then you need a track where you can open it up, ie nothing in Qld where I live.
This Gixxer in the MotoGP livery looks mint, goes awesome on street and track given the duality of its power delivery, is nice to turn in and inspires confidence. Its easy to get comfortable on and is reliable. Its just good at everything I wanted and whilst not retro, it still looks the business. I have a Yoshi street slip-on which isn't loud, but when you ride this thing most of the sound is in the intake howl which you are sitting over so you get the drama from that gutteral metallic rasp that is unique to Suzuki.
If I had my time over again I would buy this bike again and again. Its just a testament to Japanese evolutionary engineering, fast, reliable, lightweight, good riding position and confidence inspiring. What else do you want in a bike?

Purchased in August 2018 for $10,500.00.

Noise Level
Fuel Efficiency
Gear Shifting
Handling
Suspension

I have a 2010 Model and love it. Weapon of a bike.

Perfect balance of a bike.

On the track the 1000cc bikes only really start to pull away from you at around 130. Weapon of a bike. The only thing lacking on my model is the rear suspension is a bit wanting, it is not very sensitive to adjustments.

Do yourself a favour and put a full titanium system on it, have it tuned a little rich, add K&N air filter, braided brake lines, paint it matt black, carbon fibre front and rear mud guards and put a 520 chain conversion on it. This will turn it into an animal of a bike.

Date PurchasedApr 2012

Best of Both Worlds (2009)

Handles like a 600 and can accelerate on top like a litre bike (well almost).

Really good handling and easy to dial-in suspension but over-all it can perform better with a front brake upgrade.

Like all other sports bike - its just too much power to only ride it on public roads. Difficult to stay under the speed limit. So gave up riding on the road on this bike. Decided to keep it as a track focused toy.

On the track you don't need need that much to do; nice set of race glass, proper rear-sets, steel braided brake lines and a set of track bias tyres. If you start getting fast and want to perhaps to a bit of racing, a set of springs may be needed and some work done by a pro-suspension tuner. But everything else is just bling as far as I'm concerned. need more power...get a thou!

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Amazing bike

An amazing bike for every day use, the upgraded rectifier allows this bike to be more reliable compared to its older models. I would say the only downside of this model is that it tends to overheat quicker but you don't seem to notice it as much after riding for so long.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Great over all package L6 GSXR 750

I purchased a 2016 gsxr 750 brand new in September last year and what a bike it has turned out to be.

COST $14500. Compare that to a similar super sport.

I have the GP blue livery and it looks fantastic.

Bullet proof design but has not had any significant updates since 2011.

A couple of kilos heavier than the GSXR 600 with 128BHP, it's a light bike that handles like a 600 but has so much power and torque even at 4000 RPM. The inline 4 engine is nicely balanced motor that red lines at 14.5 RPM.

The suspension package is top notch and has a lot of adjustability. The stock suspension set up was harsh and set up more for the track.

Gear box is as smooth as butter.

Brakes are so responsive but does not have ABS.

140Km in first gear alone, capable of 300km.

Battle Axe BT16 Tires are OK for street riding and after 4000km have plenty of life left.

Has two rider modes, A & B, A being full power and B being similar power to a GSXR 600.

Lacking ABS, traction control and fuel gauge but at $14500.00, it's still a good deal.

Would I buy another one... You bet.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Fast, comfortable, inexpensive

While perhaps getting a bit long in the tooth now compared to other manufacturers bikes, the GSXR is still a great sport bike. I test rode a brand new R1 and 899 Panigale before, and found the Suzuki much more comfortable while handling just as well.
Doesn't quite have the same power as the other two but still has more than you can use on public roads.
I also rode a GSXR 600 which was good but lacked mid-range punch. The 750 overcomes that with the perfect balance of power across the lower rev range and still has handling like a 600.
The 750 still screams at higher rpms like the 600, but has plenty of pull almost like a litre bike.
I really wanted a 2015 R1 but at $10k more than the GSXR750 I didn't see the value.
I'm able to ride this bike for a few hours without getting sore, something I've never managed before on a sports bike.
The only downside of these bikes in my opinion are the lack of electronic goodies like abs and traction control. Maybe next years model will have those.

I test rode a Honda CBR 600RR "Moviestar" 2004 and 2007, Yamaha R6 2004, Suzuki GSX-R 750 2001 and GSX-R1000 before settling for this dream 2004 GSX-R750 model.
It has plenty of power and handles great around corners
Looks great, rides like a dream. Still plenty of power even with a passenger on the back.
Does not have a gear indicator like you see on the newer bikes out there. Not much storage room under the passenger seat. Not recommended for long distance touring as I have done in the past, the always "leant forward" position will be painful on the back. You should immediately change the stock exhaust can as it is the ugliest thing I've seen.

Good

It's a cool bike. Using 4 valve in each cylinder make high engine efficiency and fuel injection system make this bike performance is good
the body is cool, the engine hmmmm... great
accelerating performance of this bike

Good

9 and halp out of ten
2000 model blue & white GSXR750 looks hot I like to change into 5th at 210Kph and then kick it in the guts untill i reach 240 then i get scared being a chick that no insurance company will insure sucks, but yer thats the price you pay for now owing 2 gsxrs. Most of all i love how i can sit on 200 and the tempreture dosnt even move HOW GOOD IS THAT!!
gear box flimsy, Guy before did too many wheeliers sucks cause its jumps out of 2nd gear sometimes.

GSXR-750 K5 Anniversary Edition I have lost 14 points in 2 1/2 months. Your sitting back and asking yourself why would you get to the point of losing your license over this bike? Because the bike is so bloody fast and light you just want to keep scaring the sh#t out of yourself, thats why. Every cop wants a piece of you when they see you, and if they cant find some valid excuse to get a closer look there is always the RBT. I have been pulled over so many times even when doing the limit, that I just realise that everyone loves the look of it. The cops always want to know the top speed etc. When you take off the front wheel just wants to lift up to the heavens, in fact if your on a straight stretch of road and have it at full throttle, the front wheel actual lifts and hovers just on the surface of the tarmac enough for you to move the hangers side to side and the bike doesnt move an inch from the straight line you have it. The sound of the engine is unreal, especially when you hit 5000+ revs. The paint job rocks, and i have done a few rides 800km long and at night and no sign of chips or sand blasting. The tyres in the wet hold on so tight that you can do 300km an hour and still feel completely safe. The tyre does not like white road paint in the wet BE VERY CAREFUL. As you ride under throttle as soon as you hit paint the tyre looses traction and the revs double. Don't do crazy sh#t when its wet and there is loads of paint covering the road. The seating position is very comfortable for long rides and the suspension is great for the backside and yet still great for flogging the bike. Overall I love this bike and i dont think i will ever buy anything else, and there is nothing better than seeing a bloody R1 rider getting whipped by my 750 and the excuses that follow will make you grin just as much as the bike does at 250+ km/hour. Cant wait for the slipper clutch on the K6 model.
Very Very Fast
Light
Total Wheelie Machine
License Killer!
Could of done with a better looking can
Lots of attention (even cops!)

Choose the new GSX-R750K7 over the CBR600RR because it looked better and the additional power is excellent.A great bike for any sex. It's a surperb looking bike. I choose the blue and white. Would recommend for anyone not wanting a 1000cc but needing more than a 600cc.
It's nimble and handles perfectly. Looks GREAT.
I'm a 29 year old female 165cm tall 58kgs find It's a bit of a stretch to the handlebars.

Good

It is a very fast bike which is cool. It has no major problems when riding this bike. Im still thinking if i should buy this bike or now... I would rate this bike a 4/5
A very nice looking fast bike. It is very fast and has good handling to take out the corners. It has a light body as well which is good. Gotta love the colors for this bike as well. The bike price is cheap which is worth it because it is a fast bike.
It would be better if revs better when accelerating. Other then that it is a good bike.