Swann Insurance Questions & Answers

10 questions from our users

Phil H.

Phil H.asked

Insurance cost for 17 Triumph Tiger Explorer XCA 800.

Rebecca G.Swann Insurance

Hi Phil, we can most definitely assist you there, however there are a few factors that go in to creating a quote other than the bike itself. I would recommend giving us a call on 13RIDE (137433) to discuss. Alternatively you can jump over to www.swanninsurance.com.au and get a quote online.
Kind regards, Rebecca - Swann Insurance

Phil H.

Phil H.asked

What insurance costs for 2017 Triumph TIGER Explorer XCA
Comprehensive cover.

Kind regards, Rebecca - Swann Insurance

Mafiaasked

Can you get back your excess back if those involved with the theft of you motor bike are Caught and charged?

Rebecca G.Swann Insurance

Hi Mafia, apologies for the delay. In regards to the refund of your excess on a theft Claim, we can refund the excess if the offender has been charged and convicted of the offence. Hope this helps, please let us know if you need any further information. Kind Regards, Lynda - Swann Insurance

Martin M
Martin M

I was advised that this is not the case, as the FOI act does not allow for disclosure of the offenders name, even once convicted. My bikes thief was caught red handed, but unfortunately the damage he'd already caused was enough to make it a total loss. I am out of pocket roughly $1300 after my insurance payout (that's another story), and I have been informed that the only way I can recover this expense is to seek restitution through the courts.

Mafia

Thanks, I am out a similar amount, and also forgot that my glasses, balaclava and other stuff were in the top box! Will never use swan again! As I should not have to pay the theft excess if caught!

Boo

Booasked

Does the comprehensive policy cover anywhere be who rides my bike?

Rebecca G.Swann Insurance

Hi Boo, thanks for getting in touch with us. You are covered for anyone with a valid motorcycle license who rides your bike unless you have a named rider discount applied to your policy (meaning only the insured, mechanic or repairer can ride your motorcycle). Depending on the rider, there may be additional excesses that apply in the event of a claim, for example if they are under the age of 25 an age excess would be applied in addition to your basic excess. You can easily check additional excess that may apply in our PDS (which can be found on our website) or by calling us on 13RIDE (137433). If you'd like us to contact you, simply inbox us your name and contact number and we'll be in touch. Hope this helps with your query, please let us know if you'd like further information. Kind Regards, Lynda - Swann Insurance.

Bearasked

I was hitting by a car when I ride my mt07 last Friday. I’ve already lodged a claim online and also got the claim number from the guy who was hitting me. This morning I received a email from Swann Insurance. They told me that they arranged someone instructed to inspect and authorise repairs to my bike. And I need to pay $500 to the repairer? I’m the victim in this accident! Is this normal?

Rebecca G.Swann Insurance

Hi Bear, thanks for getting in touch with us. We would like to look into this for you however in order to check your policy details we need some further information. Can you please send us a private message with your policy and contact number? Once we have these details we can get back to you. Regards, Swann Insurance.

Bear

Get back to me? Liar! I’ve sent several email and you guys never reply me! Can you explain what’s going on?

Blah!

Blah!asked

I keep getting messages from Swann insurance saying they’ve been trying to get in contact with me about my “ASIC review on my policy” no idea what that means and I haven’t renewed my insurance with Swann, (was with them years ago and never renewed it) so what the hell does this mean?

Rebecca G.Swann Insurance

Hi - thanks for your message. We may be attempting to get in contact with you about a possible refund of your insurance policy premium. If you contact the number provided in your correspondence, they can walk you through this in finer details. Alternatively, you can privately inbox us your contact number and a good time to call and we'll be in touch. Regards, Lynda - Swann Insurance.

Jesson

Jessonasked

I'm getting a used bike and I wanted to know what the price for the insurance it's was 100cc scooter?

Rebecca G.Swann Insurance

Hi Jesson, thanks for touching base with us for your scooter quote. The premium depends on a number of factors such as where it's garaged, your driving history etc. If you head to our website you can get a motorcycle insurance quote in under 1 minute at https://www.motorcycledirect.com.au/?year=&make=&_ga=2.213889428.1856922522.1546552674-1751544128.1535331499 , or call is on 13RIDE (137433) or alternatively inbox us your best contact number and we will call you to go through your quote for your scooter. Kind Regards, Lynda - Swann Insurance

Lou

Louasked

How much will my premium go up after hitting a roo. Wild I have to pay excess on this claim. I've been with swann for a very long time and have referred numerous customers to them. What happened to loyalty?

francine ohara

It is clear to me this company deals with the cash that comes in to there company!!
However they do not like to pay out what is needed when needed.
My family have had such a bad experiance with this company i will say they train there staff to be rood inpolite and downright full of crap. They glade to take your money!!
BUT DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE AND TRY CLAIM MONEY BACK!!
YOU WILL NOT GET IT OR HELP FROM THIS COMPANY STAY CLEAR..

francine ohara

However they do not like to pay out what is needed when needed.
BUT DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE AND TRY CLAIM MONEY BACK!!
YOU WILL NOT GET IT OR HELP FROM THIS COMPANY STAY CLEAR..

Fahad

Fahadasked

Need clarification of what is Assessed value , i think Swann Insurance is playing a game :
The policy states
""If your Vehicle is disposed of by the return of your Vehicle to the Selling dealer the Assessed value is the value of your Vehicle established by us using values from automotive trade publications within Australia. The valuation will not include deductions for fair wear and tear of your Vehicle.".

Now i want to summarize what actually happened " Insurance company instead of calculating the assessed value through automotive trade publications they asked me to go to the selling dealer and ask them to provide me the assessed value.. The dealer provided the price which I belief is not the correct assessed value. The dealer price is maybe the trade in value/price which I believes is $3k to $5k lesser of the actual market value.

Any tips insurance company calculate assessed values ? should i go to ombudsman here?

Ben R
Ben R

I am not sure about this one, but I would think they should be assessed at market value and not what the dealer is willing to give you as they will always be trying to turn a profit. I would contact the ombudsman and get clarification on this though. Sorry I couldn't help you further. Ben

UFO
UFO

This is always the issue with Market Value vs Agreed Value, and why I would NEVER get a policy that lets the insurer dictate the value of the items come claim time. I can't really help you out with this one, because I insured for Agreed Value.

However, going by what you've said... it sounds like they are using the wrong method to calculate the value. Unless of course they are trying to ascertain its current value (after the incident), to determine if they will write it off. But their documentation is pretty clear on how they determine value. If you dont think they are doing it right, contact them directly in writing in the first instance (it simply be miscommunication), then if no further clarification by all means go to the ombudsman.

Contact the insurer!

Getty gibson

Getty gibsonasked

How do I get in touch with the insurance ombadsman swann has had my vehicle for two years and I want my car back cause me and my husband are still paying our loan

Ethanr1

If you have not already call 1300 780 808 - you can also get some help from the insurance law service - Swann have had my motorbike since December 2011 - I feel for you going threw a similar situation with this terrible company.

Ethanr1

http://www.lawhandbook.org.au/handbook/ch23s01s10.php "I just found this online might be helpful for us both"

Get an answer from our members and Swann Insurance representatives