SYM VS 125/150

4.5

ianbabs

ianbabsMelbourne

mine was a beauty 100% reliable

although i recently sold it to upgrade - i regard the SYM VS 125 as well above a no frills machine. the riding pleasure was the finest attribute for this town commuter it had enough get up and go when required - not a highway bike as to be expected, but really ticked all the boxes around town. a ton of storage under the seat a real advantage for the commuter/shopper.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Carnt live without a scoot

Led lights on there way out if flickering no big deal u still got headlights . Mower repair guys usual good and cheap for work on scooters dealers are a rip off all parts are dirt cheap online from taiwan keys also.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
    Matthew

MatthewSydney Surrounds, NSW

Little beauty

Date PurchasedJul 2013

Viviane S

Viviane SAU

Lots of issues after a few years

Got it second hand, speedometer broken ($200 repair) after 2 weeks it did not start, battery was faulty, had to get a new one. Three weeks later, it did not start again, needed a new coil. After 4 months, it needed a new starter motor (another $350). Now the cooling fan broke (another $100). Still a good scooter though.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Had a ride on Vs 125 and love it. Look like buying it as a roundabout.

Have a question. Buying a second hand VS125 have had a its great but in checking it over the two led lights above the headlights flicker has anyone had this problem and is easily fixed. It had been sitting a while unridden but did kick start and the battery is holding charge

Date PurchasedMar 2017
    Stephen

StephenSydney

Great

Great scooter. Comfortable up to 90-100km. Enough power to get away at the lights. Good underseat storage - does not hold XL helmet, so use a top box. Holds ~5L fuel for about 120km. Had for 3 years, 10,000km so far. Changed battery after 3 years as was not holding charge. Front tyre lasted about 9,000km. Need to charge battery if not using for more than 4-5 weeks. Kickstarter sometimes does not work if left for longer, or needs several attempts. Serviced according to book (1k, 3k, 6k) for warranty purposes. Changed belt and rollers as recommended at 10k.

Date PurchasedOct 2013

great bike

I love my vs 150, i hooked up some cables to the battery and ran them under the seat and can charge it with ease. Is this true that the vs 150 is discontinued? If so what is it going to be replaced by? I think they are only five years old.

best scooter ever

Hi guys I bought my vs 125 for 1300 and it was on 22000 km which I thought was alot at the time since then Its now on 54000 kms it serviced it every 5000 an she hasn't missed a beat all I have done on her in that time was replace the starter motor and the vereator and change the rollers an my speedo stoped working today got the parts off the net cheap as chips to fix an just as ezy I ride it everyday rain or shine love this little thing I would do at least 80km on it everyday just going to work great buy an would another one tomorrow great to save cash
    reliable inexpensive pays for its self
    plastic fades

caesarmed

caesarmedSydney, NSW

Great scooter for city riding

Great Little Scooter

Mustafa37

Mustafa37Sydney

Awesome motorbike

I bought a 2010 SYM VS 150 scooter after getting my Ls. Got it for $1700 with a top box. I was a bit stressed but it was a complete breeze to get comfortable on riding.
    I just did the servicing on it myself for $30 dollars using the owner manual and youtube.
    Overall, it has been a perfect scoot and I have put 1500 km on it since. Petrol cost is $7 premium petrol weekly.
    Cheap, good looking, reliable
    Petrol tank is too small, 12 inch tyre is a bit on the shaky side,

mattern

mattern

Good

Very pleased with the overall product. I'm so happy I got this bike instead of a 50cc. It's good enough to be on the highway at 100 kph but it seems most at home between the 60-80 kph range. Prefect for me.
    Great fuel economy, heaps of luggage space, zippy performance.
    Side mirrors adjustment range is lacking. After moving the mirrors and arms to the best possible rear view, I still have to duck my head to see properly behind me otherwise I'm just looking at the road (I'm 6'1" tall).

kemelage

kemelage

For the price, I think it's a great little commuter that has everything you need. Storgae, power for city commutes, good take off, easy handling and looks good. I've had mine for 3 weeks and just love it...
    Love the fact that it has a lot of storage and enough power for city commuer use.

Shannon_Parnell

Shannon_Parnell

Good

An excellent all round commuter. Likes to cruise at 90kph. Very stable feel while riding and is a pleasure to ride. Trying to push it over 90kph will weigh heavy on fuel consumption, though this is not so important for city commuting. Previously I had a HD200 which was at home at 100+ so would be better if using highways a lot.
    Good handling. Looks good. Lots of storage. Good riding position. Good for taller people, I'm 180cm. Four year warranty.
    Could do with a bigger petrol tank. Fuel gauge is not linear to quantity - past half empty needle drops fast.

As a around town scooter it gets 10 out of 10. The Australia 4 year warranty on parts (2 years on labour) is to good to ignore. Bang for buck, the best scooter value in Australia. As a new real estate business in Brisbane, I use this scooter to go on letter box drops. Its under seat storage seems to be the largest for all the SYM scooters. My next scooter is going to be the SYM Citycom 300 - I need the extra power for highway +100k per hour travel. But for around Brisbane and the 80 km limit roads - this is the best scooter you cant get - period!
    Storage, excellent front lights, stability, handling, fuel economy, very good brakes.

phipsd
    phipsd

The Citycom300i can cruise comfortably at 7000 rpm which is an honest 110 kph, so 100 kph will be no problem. I have 29000 km on mine and it has been very reliable.