Tefal Master Valet IS6300 / Compact IS6200

• Preheating Speed
  • Portability
ShopperR

ShopperR

don't buy this product, very unsafe and at best below average performance

Was very excited to replace my iron with this steamer but what a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT. Firstly it is very unsafe and to try and effectively do some usual ironing I had to resort to using an oven glove to stop the steam from burning me as I attempted to Iron. Much slower than using a regular iron (even for someone who hates using on Iron). Hot water drops regularly onto the floor and the header gets very hot too. Definitely did not find it fit for purpose and a definite safety hazard.

Safety
Michelle L.

Michelle L.

Great when it worked, now trips house power

Loved this steamer while it worked. I've had it for around 5 years but it has randomly decided to trip the power every time I turn it on. Seems like a common issue experienced by others based on other reviews. A shame because it was kept clean and not used all that often, it still looks almost brand new. Knowing what I now know, I would not re-purchase.

Anna I

Anna IPerth, WA

New ~ Worked for first 5 mins, then Stopped.

We purchased this steamer a few years ago to help make life easier with an extremely busy lifestyle. Tried it out & it wouldn't start! Put it away and forgot about it because we were so busy.

I then pulled it out today in an attempt to give it another go. We followed the instructions and low-and-behold it worked well...... but for only 5 mins!!!! It then stopped working completely. Seems that the water tank may have a leak which is preventing it from working but am not entirely certain. Anyway, I dont have the receipt anymore so, I guess it's been a waste of money.

Purchased in December 2017.

Safety
Garment Steamers

Find out how Tefal Master Valet IS6300 / Compact IS6200 compares to other Garment Steamers

andrew

andrewPerth, WA

Got 5 years usage, then it tried to electrocute me

As per many reviews, mine has started tripping the safety switch too. That said, we had around 5 years usage, which isn't terrible, and these reviews weren't apparent back then. I had begun to notice some apparent calcification dropping out of it in recent months and if I had knocked the unit out more often, it may have lasted longer. I was a fan and far prefer steaming over ironing. Might need to try another brand this time.

Purchased in July 2014 at David Jones Retail Stores for A$150.00.

HVM

HVMGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not worth it long term - even if it's on sale.

Given this steamers RRP is around $229 the fact that I got it for $150 I thought was amazing. It was good, not incredible, when I first got it. I got it 2 years ago but after about a year of use it started to spit out water, nothing crazy so I thought it was me. Now, it drenches my clothes, me and the floor, I'd like to add that it's hot water. I've tried different things to see if it was me, judging by the other comments, it's not.

I don't even have the heart to try and sell it because I don't want to take someones money for this, as well as potentially have them burn themselves. Such a shame.

Purchased in March 2017 for A$150.00.

Viv

VivPerth

Power trips causing shutting down the whole house's electricity.

Date PurchasedJun 2014
Mick

MickSydney

Water leaks and trips the power

*Not easy to use
*Have to wear the gloves to prevent the hot handle to burn your skin.
*Water leaves in the base of the machine and extremely difficult to clean.
*Trips the power after clean the water from the base of the machine.
****DO NOT BUY AND WASTE YOUR MONEY***

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Doesn’t last

Probably just out of warranty and steamer now trips the power so all power points including the fridge turn off. Clumsy water container leaves water in the base of the machine which is difficult to remove each time by turning whole machine upside down and trying it in the laundry sink.
Better design re: water container

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Great Bargain

Great BargainSydney

Steams well but too hot

Has a very good durable structure to hang clothes such as shirts and coats and clips to hang pants
Different attachments to straighten and press pants
Need to be careful of the steam as it gets very hot quickly - should wear gloves when holding the steamer
Does the job very well

Date PurchasedDec 2017

MortishiaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Quick, smart and reliable

I am one of those ladies that enjoys ironing. So when I came upon the steamer I thought just for a quick item it will suffice. I have been using my steamer a lot more as opposed to my iron. I find the ease of the steamer and quickness of steaming garments very satisfying. True, it takes some getting used to and upon further use you find what is good for you and how to make use of the steamer to your ability. The only downer is it’s not suitable for bed sheets, therefore the need of the iron is still in use. I enjoy my steamer and will replace if ever need be.
Beware though, it does excel hot steam and at times may splutter hot water. This is rare, but just be aware.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Carvaan

CarvaanPerth WA

Absolutely rubbish

Absolutely rubbish. Broke first day.
Called tefal and been told to go to the shop, went to the shop where I bought it from and they said call tefal, tefal said please address the shop you have spoken to tegal and they told you to go to the shop.
OMG.
Absolutely crap. DO NOT BUY

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Need new chiller

Need new chillerPerth

Press & steam. Clever

For those who don't like ironing and chores in general. Get this. Steams with a roll down backing 'pad'. Just an extra help with supporting the clothes for the hard to straighten areas. Doesn't feel like a chore. Takes little time to heat up. And clothes just feel fresher. Use it to steam the bed as well. Kills bed bugs!

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Anthony VSydney

Broke day 1

What can I say. The hose broke on day 1.
My wife and I were quote excited as we had some clothes that go shiny and don't iron too good.
For about 30 minutes it looked like it was going to work for us, and the clothes looked pretty good and didn't shine up.
Minute 31, and the hose is broken. I could hardly believe it. Right down the bottom near the base. Steam no longer going out the handle, all coming out the now broken hose.

Extremely disappointed. I might have a look at a Phillips and see if that lasts any longer.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

DrewsterMelbourne

Terrible

What i thought i had bought was a clothes steamer and press to make life easy. What i got when I opened the box was a humidifier. Used a whole container of water and did not even manage to steam out one shirt crease free. Dont these folk test their products before release? Oh and safety concern be prepare to get burnt. There is no place to safely place the steam handle while you prepare your garment to get steamed. So the steamer handle is held either with one hand while you struggle to place the garment on the stand or you simply have to leave it on the floor to steam your carpet for a few minutes. TEFAL this is a major disappointment for a product I used to associate quality with tefal...

Date PurchasedJun 2017
cjw

cjwBrisbane

Steamer tripping power but Tefal were very easy to deal with

My steamer also started tripping the power when I turned it on and of course it was 2 months out of warranty. I rang Tefal and they were very helpful and authorised David Jones to replace the steamer. I still had all my paper work and receipts, which is probably a requirement. The product was great for what we used it for and I have rated Tefal excellent purely on their response to the problem.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Moira

Moira

Really useful but leaking reservoir an electrical hazard

Not sure why but my steamer is tripping my electrical system. Suspect that its a leak from the water reservoir. Of course this would happen just outside the 2 year warranty window which makes this an expensive purchase.

Pity because I found it useful in getting the teenagers to smarten up their clothes without fear of ruining them.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

The only thing that works as designed on this is that steam comes out of one end.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Love my steamer

I have had my steamer for 3years and today it decided to blow up. I used it twice per week and definitely got good use out of it, plus it worked wonders on my wedding dress. I am trying to find a similar one, maybe even a notch up, any recommendations?

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Quick and easy but failed outside 2 warrantee

Its not a prefect on heavy wrinkles but i reduce spinning the shirts in the washing machine so the steamer just finishes off nicely. It did cut ironing time so I really like using a steamer, but it died just outside 2 years warrantee, I brought this from retavision in August 2014 and it stopped working January 2017, so this steamer is a bit on the pricey side for its short life. I'll try another brand

Date PurchasedAug 2014
Cat lady

Cat lady

Waste of Money

Just bought this steamer in January sales 2017. Thought I would be more inclined to iron if I didnt have to drag an ironing board out.
Used for first time today and it leaked from the bottom all over my floor. Will be taking it back tomorrow.
DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE!!!

Date PurchasedJan 2017