Tefal CY505

• Pressure Cooking
  • Sautéing
  • Rice Cooking

long time to warm up

it cooks delicious food but it's not an Instant cooker as it promise! If you need to make a simple rice in 9 minutos you will need to have 30 minutos of your life, cause you'll have to wait at least 20 minutes for the pot to warm up! If you need to cook something more you'll have to wait between 20-30 minutes to warm up the Pot. So, it works as a slow cooker...but always!

Purchased in November 2020 at Tefal for A$99.00.

Bernadette Gray

Bernadette GraySouth East Queensland, QLD

Waste of money

Slow cooker option has not cooked anything properly and tried 3 different meals. It doesn’t heat up properly and potato’s are still basically hard after 8 hours. Wish I had stuck with the basic slow cooker, I thought it would be great to have an all in one but this is a dud

Purchased in March 2020 at JB Hifi Home for A$150.00.

Steaming
Renae

Renae

Takes way too long

We bought this as a replacement to our old Tefal rice cooker (which we loved but they don't make anymore). Unfortunately we've had nothing but issues with this cooker.
My dog had Pancreatitis & is on a very low fat diet, we have to cook him chicken & rice every couple of days & when your in a rush the length in time this machine takes to cook is ridiculous. We set it to rice & cook for 28 minutes, it takes 1/2 an hour to heat up then it beeps & starts counting down the 28 minute timer, yet when we open it it's still not cooked. I'm ready to bin it.

I hope Tefal can go back to a simple machine that works as we have struggled to find one that can cook this meal regularly & not die.

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$150.00.

Find out how Tefal CY505 compares to other Multi Cookers

Useless instructions, unable to slow cook and the delayed timer only works in certain modes

After purchasing this product as a replacement to my old standard slow cooker i thought it would be great to have all the options of a multi cooker. Problem is you can't use this as a slow cooker. In slow cooker mode the unit preheats before counting down the desired time.

The unit preheats, i'd say boils then counts down. Slow cook! my chilli con carne was done in 5 mins.

Awful thing wishing i could return it but being used it may be of use as a garden pot!.

Purchased in September 2019.

Ewokk

EwokkGisborne

I love this machine!

I don't know what I would do without my PC! It's works fantastic. Really quick tasty meals.
Can be slow to come to pressure but I just make sure everything is heated through before turning on.

One thing is the slow cooking side really sucks. You can't change the temperature so I don't use it.

Purchased in May 2019 at Myer for A$219.00.

Steaming
Pinki

PinkiSydney, NSW

Good product

I usually boil soup with this multi cooker. And cook some vege sometime. It is not retained any smell after washing it. I usually boil a big pot for few meals for two people with this cooker. It takes a bit long time to cook which is out of my expectation, but the food tastes good and keep my soup very warm. But too easy to control the product, I think you may need to read the instruction attached with the product. Overall it can save you some time of cooking a lot of food for the family.

Purchased in June 2018 at Myer Online Store for A$149.00.

Tanee

TaneeSydney

Stopped working after 2 months

Date PurchasedSep 2018
ChrisOz

ChrisOzSydney, NSW

Makes even a muppet like me into a gourmet chef

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Birdie

BirdieQueensland, 4020

Not as good as I expected

I tried browning the meat, but kept getting E2 message. Only way it worked was to close lid, which was a pain as I couldn't keep turning meat. I wanted to make bone broth, but it doesn't cook long enough. Pathetic recipe book.
Would really have liked more instructions & varied recipes Must say it cooked veg soup in 10 mins after it got up to pressure. Overall, I'm disappointed. I could have bought one of the old fashioned one's that you use on the stove top. That way I could brown meat, & cook bone broth as long as I wanted. Thought this appliance looked ok, could slow cook & pressure cook. Sadly regret purchasing.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Vasu

Vasu

This is perfect! Can make everything and tasty.

From the day one I bought this I have been using it to make soups, risotto, curries and cakes. Even rice recipes comes out perfect all the time.
Easy to use and best part is just put all your food and put the timer and forget about it and your meal is all ready.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
B1T2A

B1T2ABrisbane

Handiest kitchen gadget!

I use this at least 4 times a week. Great recipes came a long with it with easy instructions. Sometimes it doesn't seal properly but just need to make sure the seal is in correctly and clean. So great having the one appliance for slow AND pressure cooking. I rarely slow cook though as the pressure cooker makes meat so tender, just make sure you get the times right.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Great MultiCooker for a First Timer

Date PurchasedApr 2017
busyB

busyB

Great for more than you'd expect!

Date PurchasedApr 2017