Tefal Mini 0.8L

Tefal Mini 0.8L

BI812524 and BF8120

Good for the job

The water level window soon clouds over, and becomes useless,but that would depend on the mineral content of your water, its hard to clean so I’ve given up. What do you recommend ?

Purchased in June 2018 for $50.00.

Noise Level

Disappointed

The process from the steam emitted from the rear of the cover and on the switch and handle. What a disappointment. There is too much plastic - the inside of the kettle is lined with plastic not steel. Did not realized when I purchased it. Can't seem to find a decent kettle.
It is not worth for the price.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Great little kettle for up to 3 cups

Very quick to boil water. Everything about this kettle is great except that it is hard to locate the kettle on the stand. Aligning the kettle with the raised power connector is harder than it should be. Not a deal breaker on an otherwise great kettle. Pouring is easy and the kettle has a built in filter in the spout.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Dissapointed

Why has my light on mini kettle stopped working after only 1 and 1/2 months will you replace my kettle as that is what i would expect. Otherwise I am really happy with it. Does everything i wanted and i longed for a kettle like this for a long time

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Amazing product!!

My water boils so quickly unlike old style kettles that have an element to heat the water. It is good quality to I think. We have had ours for about 6 months now. We did not want a 1.7 litre kettle but rather a small kettle because we only ever boil enough for a cuppa. I highly recommend this product!!

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Cute with serious caveats

Cute indeed. One of its kind as far as capacity is concerned. Fit for purpose, kind of, and up to specifications. It's just a tiny kettle, right?

Minor issues. If not careful steam from under a popup cover may scold you indeed when tipping. Hold on lower at the handle.

Major issues. Have to replace after just 3 mths of light usage. Flimsy, ugly, tiny rocker switch just snapped dead WTH??? Thankfully shop offered exchange/refund straight away. Opted to take a second chance. Will see...

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Excellent mini kettle for 2

Purchased this little guy to use when travelling, ever since I found underwear in a Hotel kettle. Yep!
The Tefal Mini only holds 800Mls, so its quick, and a very well built unit. The base is sturdy, with an excellent wrap cord. A well priced kettle, buy it!
It just fits in my suitcase so happy travelling......

Date PurchasedSep 2017

It suits my small kitchen

This mini kettle is short and fat. It looks very cute. It suits small kitchen bench and small family. It boils water very quick. And its metal surface is easy to clean. Though it is a little bit loud when boiling. Lid is not very easy to open. You need pull a little bit.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Nice kettle

So far I have no issue with the kettle and am quite happy using it. The only gripe I have is that there is no switch to open the top lid i.e. it has to be pulled up. This kettle is quiet, fast boiling, suitable for 1-2 persons and looks good in my kitchen.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Great little unit

Had ours for about 6 years and were very happy with it. It finally died so we are out for a new one now. All kettles have there issues but this is no worse than the others, actually was better. I think there are a lot of cereal wingers on this site expecting perfection for $50. You get what you pay for and that's why there are $500 kettles out there.

Date PurchasedJan 2011

Scalding

Just bought the kettle today. Extremely disappointed that an aesthetic design is not functional. Boiled 0.5 litres and tried to pour it into a teapot, scalding my hand in the process from the steam emitted from the rear of the cover and the hot handle. What a disappointment. Can't seem to find a decent kettle.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
I should also add that, due to the steam leakage, after several months a white residue, calcium carbonate I presume, has been deposited around the rim which is unsightly.

Don`t burn your hand.

This small kettle is very poor designed. For filling up, the small lid does not stay open, the automatic switch off is not more than single glow-worm, but more concerning is the steam witch enters the handle and makes it very hot at the top. A product that could have been very handy for the single and small households, spoiled by a nasty cheap plastic top part design.

Great little kettle

I love this kettle which I've had for about 4 months.. Like other reviewers I would prefer less plastic but it boils quickly, makes minimal noise (although noisy kettles don't bother me anyway), pours into my mugs without a problem and is easy to clean. A great buy. 3 of my friends have also bought one and are very happy with theirs..

Hi Bassetluva, Thank you for such a wonderful review of the Tefal Mini Kettle. Great news that it was such a good buy for you and your friends. If we can ever be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you – Tefal Australia facebook.com/TefalAustraliaMy larger kettle is a Schott glass kettle. If you ever come up with a similar product, I'll certainly try it.My little kettle is now over 2 years old and still going strong.

Great Little Kettle

This mini kettle holds between 50ml and 80ml, enough for 1-3 cups or 2 big mugs. It boils fast, is cordless and looks good. It also has a strainer in the spout. Very pleased with this purchase from JB Hi-Fi online.

Hi Brackenboy, Thank you for you great review of the Tefal Mini Kettle. So happy to hear how pleased you are with your purchase! Please don't hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance. Thank you – Tefal Australia facebook.com/TefalAustraliaObviously it should have read holds between 500ml and 800ml!!

Very disappointing does not pour well at all

Unfortunately I bough this kettle for my elderly mother in law just because of the size and weight. Did not realise that every time she poured the water into a cup that it would spill all over the benches etc. it wasn't until her death this year that I tried to use it happened to me. I was horrified that poor woman must have cursed me every time she used it. Please make a product that pours well that is the reason we have kettles. Very disappointed indeed. I would like some feed back from the company that made this product as it wasn't a cheap kettle!

Tefal Mini Plastic - love it... certainly so far. Two years later... still 5/5 stars from me!

I hesitated to get this little guy at first, but finally caved in as I quite like the design and size (two of us in residence). I've only had for a month and can't relate to any of the negatives other people have found with it, quite the opposite in fact, no dripping, no problems with the switch, no hot handle. Got mine in early 2013 so maybe there have been some design improvements? ;o)
Sweet little unit, can't fault, love it - nice and light easy to control/fill.

Reliable but too much plastic

We were given this kettle as a gift around 3 years ago and it's still going strong. But my big complaint would be there's too much plastic - the inside of the kettle is lined with plastic not steel and I don't like the idea of drinking water that's been boiled in plastic.
Quiet, fast and reliable
Kettle is lined with plastic not steel

Tefal mini ketttle

I bought this little beauty to put in our caravan, plenty of water for two good sized cuppas, takes up minimal space, have had it for about 18 months and no problems. I pop it into a cloth bag and leave it in the sink when we travel, no hassles about finding a spot in the cupboard
reliable, space saving

My Tefal kettle has gone to the tip!

Brought the Tefal Avante model only a few years ago. Went to fill it and all the plastic that is on the inside of the rim has corroded, so we have been drinking bits of plastic with our hot drinks. Tefal have put my family's health at risk , therefore will not purchase another Tefal product.

Check the materials that you use in making your jugs. It is suppose to just boil water, thanks!

Sent the kettle back to Groupe Seb, and they had the audacity to tell me that the kettle model was 2008 and it has a five year life expectancy and I got a good deal having it for so long. I just wasn't expecting to consume the extra bits of corroded plastic in my coffees thats all. I thought that maybe Tefal could make sure they could correct the materials used in their kettles, but now I know that they have a 5 year life expectancy on their stainless steel kettles. I say bring back the old ceramic electric jugs with the replaceable elements that cost $3 to replace. Thanks Tefal for all your concerns! No wonder our tips are full!

very bad design

This kettle dribbles quite a lot of water {boiling of course} when trying to pour to cup, very dangerous.I have to wipe the base every time as there is always a pool of water after boiling. If visitors, have to warn them about the dribbling kettle or they may get scalded, most unsatisfactory!
Liked the look of it.
Certainly a power waster as water is spilled.

Perhaps you fill it up over the maximum level?I only fill it to correct level but still have the problem.I bought this small kettle as I liked the look of it and it is easy to lift with one hand when full. However, it has a terrible pourer - water spills out at the end of a pour and I have to wipe up all around afterwards. Am wondering if the small Breville has a similar problem with its spout, as it has the same rounded spout?

Only had my mini Tefal kettle since 15/04/15 the on off switch no longer works. Not even a year out of it. What is the guarantee on this item?
Hi RitaAnn, Thank you for your question in relation to the Tefal Mini Kettle. This product comes with a 12 month manufacturing warranty so if purchased on the 15/04/2015 your kettle is still well within the warranty period. All you need to do is take your appliance back to the retailer of purchase along with your receipt and they will be able to change over your kettle. I hope this helps If you require any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you – Tefal Australia facebook.com/TefalAustralia

I purchased a Tefal Mini Kettle from Target Geelong this year and I have persevered with it but it dribbles from the spout on pouring and I have had many near misses with boiling water going all over the place. If I have family home, I have to warn them about it and I consider the price I paid for this item, it should not have such a defect in style. The water runs back onto the base and is dangerous where electricity is concerned. My name is Muriel Conole.
That happened to me once when I filled up the kettle over the maximum level. Perhaps you put too much water in it? Maybe my answer helps? All the best! Mrs MooseNo, it dribbles, even when it is filled up to the max level.Even if mine is filled up to half of the maximum level it still dribbles from the spout. It's a fault in the spout design. I do not believe that water running back on the base is dangerous because the base is sealed.

Mini 0.8L BI812524Mini 0.8L BF8120