Tefal Mini 0.8L

BI8125, BF8120

Cabmeow

CabmeowSydney, NSW

Perfect Kettle, Perfect Size & Weight

Our 3 year old Tefal Mini has been our best ever Kettle. It is quick to heat up, not too noisy, and most importantly it is so much lighter and easier to refill and lift when pouring. I would never go back to a larger kettle (our old one still works & never gets used). I do struggle at times seeing the water level through the little window - perhaps this could be made easier. Otherwise I rate it 9/10.

Purchased in September 2017 at Bing Lee for A$48.00.

Judi

JudiNew South Wales, Australia

Love my mini kettle,

Perfect for one or two people and not heavy so kind to arthritic hands. I have two, the first is 12 years old, the second about 8 years old, both still work perfectly and they are used at least 10 times a day.

Purchased in June 2008 at Harvey Norman for A$49.00.

Unhappy camper

Unhappy camperNorth Queensland, QLD

? ? Unsafe /toxic plastic in lid throw it out!!!

We bought this kettle for caravan seemed ok for 2 years then tea tasted funny like plastic blamed tea/water etc tried bottled water new tea same taste! Only plastic is lid ?not safe plastic ! Would never recommend it to anyone throw it out !!!

Purchased at Road Tech Marine for A$50.00.

PEGASUS

PEGASUS

QUICK TO BOIL AND COMPACT

Bought kettle to use for 2 people. This kettle boils very quickly, the boiled water has normal taste. The kettle water level is very easy to read, showing up to a level of .08 ltr. The contoured grip handle on kettle is helpful to hold, for a firm grip. The electrical cord on base, can be made shorter or longer, depending on your personal requirements. Product is then easy to store in a kitchen cupboard, when not required.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harris Scarf Geelong for A$50.00.

Jennsw

JennswSydney, NSW

Perfect size

Kettle is the perfect size for 1-2 cups. Boils very quickly, is super quiet and easy to refill. I purchased one earlier this year and love it so much I got another for the caravan. Tefal make great products

Purchased in August 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$49.00.

leon33

leon33South East Queensland, QLD

A good product for the price.

The kettle is about 6-years-old , the pilot light failed after a couple of years, doesn`t matter. The main fault is the pouring lip lets water spill onto the bench when pouring into a cup; the same problem as another user pointed out. This part needs redesigning. Otherwise an excellent kettle.

Purchased in September 2013 at Harris Scharf for A$49.00.

Dee

Dee

Amazing small jug

Fantastic small electric jug
I purchased on 2009
My son was against my buying however I went ahead & paid for it
Could not be happier
Tremendous little judge
Sadly today it gave up
That was a wonderful innings
It has been used everyday since purchased
I love it & will buy another one

Purchased in December 2009.

JohnG-K

JohnG-KVictoria

Good for the job

The water level window soon clouds over, and becomes useless,but that would depend on the mineral content of your water, its hard to clean so I’ve given up. What do you recommend ?

Purchased in June 2018 for A$50.00.

Chandra

ChandraCanberra 2600, ACT

Disappointed

The process from the steam emitted from the rear of the cover and on the switch and handle. What a disappointment. There is too much plastic - the inside of the kettle is lined with plastic not steel. Did not realized when I purchased it. Can't seem to find a decent kettle.
It is not worth for the price.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Russell V

Russell VMelbourne

Great little kettle for up to 3 cups

Very quick to boil water. Everything about this kettle is great except that it is hard to locate the kettle on the stand. Aligning the kettle with the raised power connector is harder than it should be. Not a deal breaker on an otherwise great kettle. Pouring is easy and the kettle has a built in filter in the spout.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Dissapointed

Why has my light on mini kettle stopped working after only 1 and 1/2 months will you replace my kettle as that is what i would expect. Otherwise I am really happy with it. Does everything i wanted and i longed for a kettle like this for a long time

Date PurchasedMay 2018
BrookRenwick

BrookRenwick

Amazing product!!

My water boils so quickly unlike old style kettles that have an element to heat the water. It is good quality to I think. We have had ours for about 6 months now. We did not want a 1.7 litre kettle but rather a small kettle because we only ever boil enough for a cuppa. I highly recommend this product!!

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Borism

BorismGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Cute with serious caveats

Cute indeed. One of its kind as far as capacity is concerned. Fit for purpose, kind of, and up to specifications. It's just a tiny kettle, right?

Minor issues. If not careful steam from under a popup cover may scold you indeed when tipping. Hold on lower at the handle.

Major issues. Have to replace after just 3 mths of light usage. Flimsy, ugly, tiny rocker switch just snapped dead WTH??? Thankfully shop offered exchange/refund straight away. Opted to take a second chance. Will see...

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Mossimo

MossimoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent mini kettle for 2

Purchased this little guy to use when travelling, ever since I found underwear in a Hotel kettle. Yep!
The Tefal Mini only holds 800Mls, so its quick, and a very well built unit. The base is sturdy, with an excellent wrap cord. A well priced kettle, buy it!
It just fits in my suitcase so happy travelling......

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Cathy

Cathyhornsby

It suits my small kitchen

This mini kettle is short and fat. It looks very cute. It suits small kitchen bench and small family. It boils water very quick. And its metal surface is easy to clean. Though it is a little bit loud when boiling. Lid is not very easy to open. You need pull a little bit.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Aimee

AimeeSydney, NSW

Nice kettle

So far I have no issue with the kettle and am quite happy using it. The only gripe I have is that there is no switch to open the top lid i.e. it has to be pulled up. This kettle is quiet, fast boiling, suitable for 1-2 persons and looks good in my kitchen.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
grazza

grazzaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great little unit

Had ours for about 6 years and were very happy with it. It finally died so we are out for a new one now. All kettles have there issues but this is no worse than the others, actually was better. I think there are a lot of cereal wingers on this site expecting perfection for $50. You get what you pay for and that's why there are $500 kettles out there.

Date PurchasedJan 2011

Scalding

Just bought the kettle today. Extremely disappointed that an aesthetic design is not functional. Boiled 0.5 litres and tried to pour it into a teapot, scalding my hand in the process from the steam emitted from the rear of the cover and the hot handle. What a disappointment. Can't seem to find a decent kettle.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
mickrwall
mickrwall

I should also add that, due to the steam leakage, after several months a white residue, calcium carbonate I presume, has been deposited around the rim which is unsightly.

Don`t burn your hand.

This small kettle is very poor designed. For filling up, the small lid does not stay open, the automatic switch off is not more than single glow-worm, but more concerning is the steam witch enters the handle and makes it very hot at the top. A product that could have been very handy for the single and small households, spoiled by a nasty cheap plastic top part design.

BassetluvaPerth

Great little kettle

I love this kettle which I've had for about 4 months.. Like other reviewers I would prefer less plastic but it boils quickly, makes minimal noise (although noisy kettles don't bother me anyway), pours into my mugs without a problem and is easy to clean. A great buy. 3 of my friends have also bought one and are very happy with theirs..

Tefal
Tefal A.Tefal
Bassetluva

My larger kettle is a Schott glass kettle. If you ever come up with a similar product, I'll certainly try it.

Bassetluva

My little kettle is now over 2 years old and still going strong.