Tefal RK812

Tefal RK812

MPN: RK812

See the Best Rice Cookers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Jamie

JamieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Its a great multicooker

I love my multicooker as it has many functions and abilities. It can cook rice, pudding, pasta, soup, yoghurt and cheese. Everything comes out perfectly especially the rice. The only issue I have is with the rice setting it doesn't give you an estimated time of completion, it just keeps it warm when done so you have to keep checking but takes about 20 minutes.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Jackie W.

Jackie W.STRATHFIELD

Powerful but the size it too big

It comes with 45 cooking programs but I only use it to cook rice and congee so far. The material is really good and reliable. However it is just too big for my small kitchen. Overall it is good for 2-4 people and fun to play around those pre-set feature.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Kiming

KimingAdelaide

Great but the bowl is small

Great product and i use it a lot but the bowl inside is small.
It says it makes 45 different recipes but it would be nice to have those on hand. The recipe book doesnt show much.
It isnt so great at making brown rice either.
I got it as a gift but am otherwise happy.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Kaz

KazSydney, NSW

Versatile and User Friendly.

This rice cooker is so much more than that. I love the fact that use can brown off the ingredients, add liquid and close the lid. Just set the preset or manual setting and forget. The bowl is very high quality non stick that after much use has not chipped or changed colour at all and cleaning the unit is simple. The only thing I notice is that bread is a bit more difficult to bake in the 45 in 1 as it really fry's the outside of the bread making it very dry and crusty while the centre stays a bit doughy and the loaf has to be turned over half way during cooking which with a very hot bowl is difficult and dangerous, but apart from that I love the unit and highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Deejay

DeejaySydney

Good cooker but can be designed better

It is a great cooker and the bowl design works well in cooking rice and dishes. But the flip cover with its rubber rim always trap water that will spill into the bottom of the machine heating plate if not caught or wipe off quickly as soon as cover is opened. Hope design is improved in upcoming model.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Kate

KateDrummoyne

Great Product

It is a great rice cooker. I know some reviews did indicate that no time shown for rice cooker function, it normally takes 20 mins so it works alright for me. I mainly use it for soup and rice only, it works well as the bottom of the bowl is round shape, no burned or uncooked part, it was cooked evenly. It is the best rice cooker I have used so far.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

tryingtobehelpful

tryingtobehelpfulAU

Reasonable for what it does

This is a pretty good multicooker for things like slow cooked stews and yogurt but it is difficult to get the smell out of the bowl between cooking meals. I leave the bowl out of the cooker between meals, put baking soda on a dish inside it, and I still can't get the smell to go away. It is also fairly mediocre for Rissotto as it doesn't stir - there are crunchy bits on the bottom. It makes good plain rice, but it takes a long time and the display doesn't show how much time it will take to cook. Not sure I would buy this again. Product Review indictated they gave Tefal the chance to come back to me on this review, but I never heard anything from them.

Date PurchasedMar 2017