MPN: P2534438
See the Best Pressure Cookers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Tefal

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Pressurising Speed
Kat75
Kat75Sydney, NSW

6L Tefal pressure cooker

I was Very happy with my purchase, 6L Tefal pressure cooker.
Money values compared to other products. Easy to use and clean.
Do recommend this! Best piece of cookware i ever bought.

Purchased in April 2018 at Appliance Warehouse for $99.00.

kgl61Sydney, NSW

Best piece of cookware I have ever bought!

I have had my pressure cooker for some time now and use it nearly every week. It is great to use in both winter and summer. I have made soups, pot roasts, curries, stews, you name it, I have tried most savoury meals in it. It is so easy to clean, I sometimes put my pot in the dishwasher but not the lid, there are no problems with residual smells. It is so good at cutting down cooking time and the energy used to cook. I am constantly trying out new recipes in the pressure cooker. Best piece of cookware I have ever bought!

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Fussie
Fussie

Time Saver!!

I purchased the Tefal 8L pressure cooker a few months back and I have no regrets. Very easy to use and clean. I’ve made soups, roasts and rissotos in a fraction of the time it would normally take on the stove top. still getting use to how quick it is. The only downside is that it doesn’t come with a cook book included. This wasn’t a big issue for me as I get my recipes online. I also got the bigger size as I like to make winter soups and the 6L wouldn’t be big enough. I purchased this from Kitchen Warehouse and it was delivered in days and at the best price I’ve seen advertised.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Pressure Cookers

Find out how Tefal Secure Neo 8L P2534438 compares to other Pressure Cookers

Kath
KathGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Price Point.

Easy to use and fit the silicone ring (no 'right way up'.)
Easy to use and fit the lid (clear arrow markings.)
Easy to use handle and pressure selector. Lid, handle and controls 'feel right'.
Nice large size.
The base is small compared to the pot size - it's a mere 15 cm compared to the 22 cm pot.
The Pressure Indicator is situated low inside the lid - use steam as your pressure indicator.
The manual is clearly written and does come with cooking guide times though no recipes. Pdf version is available.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Tina
TinaCanberra

So easy to use and shortens cooking time

I've always wanted to get my own pressure cooker but couldn't justify paying the price and thankfully this went on sale at Myers so I just bought it.

It's super easy to use and is dishwasher safe (pot only not the lid) and comes with instructions on what amount of time it takes to cook certain things.

When my rice cooker broke I started using this to cook my rice. The time is shortened by half while the rice comes out perfectly fluffy and tasty.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Debra
DebraPerth

Easy to use pressure cooker

Easy to use, especially after using my Mum's old pressure cooker. I got the 6 litre which is a good size to make a large stew or curry. Cooks the meat quickly and I prefer it to a slow cooker as you don't have to choose a meal hours before you want it. The lid clips on so it feels safe and secure. It would've been even better with a recipe book with some pressure cooker recipes.

Date PurchasedJune 2017

oneness
onenessasked
Secure Neo 8L P2534438

Does the pressure cooker constantly make a shhhhh noise with steam escaping for the entire cooking time? I have an electric one which does shhh for a few seconds and then seals with no further noise. However it’s non stick which I don’t like and would like to purchase a stove top one but the noise would drive me bonkers and would need the rangehood on for steam and odours to escape so doubly noisy. I want to be sure before purchasing.

Samra C.
Samra C.asked
Secure Neo 8L P2534438

My steam release knob all came out from the lid. Now I cannot use it as a pressure cooker. Any way to fix it?

kgl61

The knob does come out for cleaning. Has it fallen appart or just come out. If its just come out you can put it back in. If its fallen appart try pressurecooker.com.au for spare parts.

Angien
Angienasked
Secure Neo 8L P2534438

Where is this pressure cooker made and is it easy to purchase replacement gasket seals

kgl61

Hello, I didn't know so I checked for you. It is made in China, designed in France. I am very happy with my pressure cooker. The seals are normally available on ebay, but mine seems to be of a silicon type product and is showing now signs of wear. Not sure how old is it now but at least 5 years old and is used at least one a week. I hand wash all items, the pot can go in the dishwasher but I find it comes up cleaner if I hand wash and is very easy to clean.

See all Tefal Secure Neo 8L P2534438 questions

Get an answer from our members and Tefal representatives

Compare both Tefal Secure Neo Series