Tefal Secure 5 NEO

• Safety
  • Pressurising Speed

Kat75Sydney, NSW

6L Tefal pressure cooker

I was Very happy with my purchase, 6L Tefal pressure cooker.
Money values compared to other products. Easy to use and clean.
Do recommend this! Best piece of cookware i ever bought.

Purchased in April 2018 at Appliance Warehouse for $99.00.

kgl61Sydney, NSW

Best piece of cookware I have ever bought!

I have had my pressure cooker for some time now and use it nearly every week. It is great to use in both winter and summer. I have made soups, pot roasts, curries, stews, you name it, I have tried most savoury meals in it. It is so easy to clean, I sometimes put my pot in the dishwasher but not the lid, there are no problems with residual smells. It is so good at cutting down cooking time and the energy used to cook. I am constantly trying out new recipes in the pressure cooker. Best piece of cookware I have ever bought!

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Fussie

Fussie

Time Saver!!

I purchased the Tefal 8L pressure cooker a few months back and I have no regrets. Very easy to use and clean. I’ve made soups, roasts and rissotos in a fraction of the time it would normally take on the stove top. still getting use to how quick it is. The only downside is that it doesn’t come with a cook book included. This wasn’t a big issue for me as I get my recipes online. I also got the bigger size as I like to make winter soups and the 6L wouldn’t be big enough. I purchased this from Kitchen Warehouse and it was delivered in days and at the best price I’ve seen advertised.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Pressure Cookers

Find out how Tefal Secure 5 NEO compares to other Pressure Cookers

Kath

KathGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Price Point.

Easy to use and fit the silicone ring (no 'right way up'.)
Easy to use and fit the lid (clear arrow markings.)
Easy to use handle and pressure selector. Lid, handle and controls 'feel right'.
Nice large size.
The base is small compared to the pot size - it's a mere 15 cm compared to the 22 cm pot.
The Pressure Indicator is situated low inside the lid - use steam as your pressure indicator.
The manual is clearly written and does come with cooking guide times though no recipes. Pdf version is available.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Tina

TinaCanberra

So easy to use and shortens cooking time

I've always wanted to get my own pressure cooker but couldn't justify paying the price and thankfully this went on sale at Myers so I just bought it.

It's super easy to use and is dishwasher safe (pot only not the lid) and comes with instructions on what amount of time it takes to cook certain things.

When my rice cooker broke I started using this to cook my rice. The time is shortened by half while the rice comes out perfectly fluffy and tasty.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Debra

DebraPerth

Easy to use pressure cooker

Easy to use, especially after using my Mum's old pressure cooker. I got the 6 litre which is a good size to make a large stew or curry. Cooks the meat quickly and I prefer it to a slow cooker as you don't have to choose a meal hours before you want it. The lid clips on so it feels safe and secure. It would've been even better with a recipe book with some pressure cooker recipes.

Date PurchasedJune 2017

VVE

VVEasked

When closed, does it seal properly? My new one has a significant degree of movement after it clicks closed of a few mm? It seems it is not closed and I wonder whether to return it.

Kat75

It’s quite normal, no worries. When the temperature gets hotter, the seal will be tightened up.
Cheers

kgl61

Mine is not super tight. It's all about sealing as the pressure comes up. It sometimes even leaks a little near the catch as the pressure builds up.

Mona

Monaasked

Tefal secure neo 5 6 litre , china and france
Is there any differences in the quality between that was manufactured in china or France ??

Jane D

Jane Dasked

Can you safely can low acid vegetables in the Tefal pressure cooker 5 neo 8L? My altitude is 10psi.

Get an answer from our members and Tefal representatives

CategoryPressure Cookers