Thermomix TM31

Thermomix TM31

See the Best All-In-One Kitchen Appliances in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

pdjones

pdjonesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolute piece of junk.

My wife bought this in the mistaken belief it would do the cooking for her. She had cancer and wanted to eat healthy. I was in no position to say no. Anyway, she bought it and used it maybe a dozen or so times. It has had faults twice, fixed under warranty. Now it is faulty again and out of warranty. It is now useless. It keeps getting hotter with no control over the temperature. It is dangerous. I estimate the cost of the machine at one hundred dollars per meal. Save your money and go out to a nice restaurant instead.

Purchased in June 2015 at Private consultant. for $2,000.00.

Noise Level
Safety

Amelia

Amelia

Couldn't live without it!

I have had my thermomix now for just over 3 years and still use it most days. As a busy working mum it saves me so much time with cooking basic items such as soups, bolognese sauce, mashed potato and white sauce. I can also hide lots of veggies in my sauces as it chops the vegetables up so small my kids can't see them! In my opinion it is worth every cent I paid for it. Highly recommend it.

Purchased in April 2015 for $2,000.00.

Noise Level
Safety

Great fast food maker - essential kitchen device for a modern family

The TM31 in coming up for its 10th birthday and has been lugged thousands of kilometres for a few years in a van. For a kitchen appliance used many times a day over 10 years this is exceptional.
Apart from one service to recalibrate the scales and a blade set and the consumerable lid seals this is a go to machine in the kitchen.
It makes meals faster than takeaway delivery at a fraction of the price.

Would buy again.

Date PurchasedDec 2008
Jodine T

Jodine TPerth

I love my Thermomix! Only wish I could Use it More often!

I've had it for a few years now and I just love how well it is built and how quick and easy it is to whip up whatever your heart desires. I really look forward to using it to its full potential when I have kids and a family of my own. Also great for doing food for parties. My favourite all time use is making butter YUMMY! I'm never buying butter from store again. This tastes divine and cost less that store butter... it literally melts in your mouth.. store butter sticks to your mouth! Just awesome that you can also cook, set and step away... come back and it is all done! Great for people who don't have time to slave away in the kitchen. Hope I can make this machine last for another 20yrs!!

Date PurchasedMay 2013

JLM

JLMForster

Terrible company and worst customer service

The tm31 idea is brilliant and it could have saved you time in the kitchen. But I don’t use mine and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.
The tm31 machines are ALL faulty and have a risk of causing serious burns and injuries. Despite being unsafe there is difficulty in getting a refund. The thermomix Australia company are terrible to deal with and rude and no help at all. Save your money!

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Fantastic and never felt unsafe using it

slakalot

slakalot

Thermomix is a disaster waiting to happen

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Martie

MartiePerth

Unsafe product left in the houses of Australians

The product should be removed from the market and those that bought their $2000 cheese graders been offered to get their money back. TiA keeps on changing the rules and have now even asked the customers to use the product at alternative settings just to suit them. If you speak to them about the product they sends you out a green seal. They have no loyalty towards their customers.
I bought it and was told my kids can use it yet now I can't even use it with my kids in the house. We weren't told that the new release was coming out even though some of their consultants was told that the new release would be coming out.

Date PurchasedApr 2013

Too Scared To Use Anymore...

G'day,
Well, what can I say.
I did originally think that this machine was the best thing since sliced bread...
I did obtain a tm31.
Now I too scared to use it in case it explodes hot stuff over me and my kitchen...
Makes for a great doorstop...
Sob sob sob...

Date PurchasedMay 2013
Claire

ClaireSydney

Unsafe and faulty appliances left in homes - failure to recall

jojo

Penny

Penny

Problems with Machine and Customer Service

Date PurchasedJul 2014

It’s a good processor and a pot....get over it

The fhermomix is a food processor and a pot. All of the things you make with it can be done very easily and for less $$$.
You need to clean it 7 times every meal.
With any chilled meal it ends up like slip.
Amy cooked meal ends up as slop.
Risotto is butchered by the stir function and pulverized by the blade function.
Chicken and meat are shredded when stirred or cut turning it into shaved pieces of meat.
I would not recommend this product to anyone ever.
But at your own risk

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Brendan

BrendanMurray Region, NSW

EDIT: From Bad to Great - How Thermomix turned it around.

After all the drama below Thermomix turned things around. Acknowledging the delays and stuff ups and getting things sorted quickly. I have a lot more faith in upgrading one day. I was surprised how reasonable the quoted repair costs were.

tried to get our thermomix repaired. Its sitting in our entrance now for 9 days and still no collection. Yet if i call and say i would like to buy one i get 10 sales people harassing me.
Over inflated pricing should at least see reasonable customer service. if you arent spending money, they arent interested

Date PurchasedJan 2011
Agnetes

AgnetesHobart, TAS

Enjoying my windfall gadget

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Shopaholic

ShopaholicPerth

Jack of all trades master of none!!

Date PurchasedDec 2012

Flavio

FlavioBrisbane

Expensive but very handy

We thought twice (or maybe a hundred times) before buying the Thermomix, given it price. However, with 4 children at home, we finally accepted we could use a hand with preparing meals.
It was definitely worth, we use it every single day. Most of the times we don't make any of the fancy recipes that come with the handbook, but we make milkshakes, soups, desserts, mashed potato, etc.
We have it for over 3 years now, and still looks (and works) as new.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Shannon

ShannonGisborne

This is a fantastic Kitchen appliance!

I dont know how many times I have told my husband I love the TMX, it is makes cooking all round 10x quicker, processes that would normally take a lot of time so much easier and faster, things I would never think of even making are regular staples in our house now because of ease of use.
The noise of the TM31 is the only thing I can fault, when we purchased this, i had a newborn and was worried about waking her but soon got too learn it didnt bother her but its really the only thing I can fault.
Easy to clean, the bowl i just shove in the DW - we use the TMX at least twice every day.

Date PurchasedAug 2012

Review collected in partnership with Thermomix TM31

Brad

BradNewcastle

Handle fell apart. No help from Thermomix as it is out of warranty.

Date PurchasedJan 2011