Tiger Airways

Tiger Airways

Domestic, International
1.7 from 1,729 reviews

See the Best Airlines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

1,282

Wont fly with them again

When I purchased my ticket there were numerous offers popping to up sale but the most important information is hidden from us,
My flight was at 6:55 and I missed my check in by 5 minutes, I did not know I had to check in when I purchased a CONFIRMED ticket!!!!
They are happy to sell you a ticket and try to up sale everything they can come up with but I still have to read the terms and conditions and confirm and CONFIRM ticket,
Not only I had to pay $85 extra but had to take the next flight which cancels my 10:30 appointment in Sydney.
45 minutes deadline for check in should be as important as choosing the right date and your website should be informative enough so passenger dont miss their flights, I feel this is misleading.

Bradley W.

Bradley W.Sydney, NSW

Never fly Tiger Air! - Pay the extra for better service.

Roger P.

Roger P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Cancelled seat

After booking a mercy dash for family from Vic to SA at 7am Sunday morning......arrived at check in only to be told my seat has been cancelled........do yourself a favour and fly with a more reputable airline........these are a waste of time. Will never book again with Tiger Air.

Trish

TrishSouth East Queensland, QLD

Be prepared to pay twice!

Daniel G.Sydney, NSW

Worst airline in the country

$75 to check in a bag. This airline is a f**king joke. It is never worth it to fly with them. I will never fly Tigerair again in my lifetime.

In-Flight Entertainment

BobbySouth East Queensland, QLD

Pay the little extra and fly with a real airline

DestinationBrisbane QLD, Australia

scott

scottSydney, NSW

the straw that broke the camels back.

Flying to Sydney from the gold coast after a weekend with friends. Cancelled flight. They did not offer any assistance to get me to Sydney nor did they help me with accomodation at 7:30pm at night in the gold coast. I had to sleep next to the road near the dining area out the front of the airport hugging the brick wall trying to stay warm.

Finally never flying again. Could not check in online due to some difficulties, spoke over the phone and they would not check me in over the phone. Finally making it to the airport with 40mins before flight and explaining circumstances where they were rude, cold and blunt to the point that I had to book another flight. Had to sit and watch my plane fly off.

Elie Saad

Elie SaadAU

Time changes and cancelled

Flight times where changed twice and finally cancelled due to weather conditions but other companies where still flying to Melbourne I have just become another one of their statistics but what makes it worse is we were up in Brisbane for surgery, never again thanks for nothing it's a shame.

Food
DestinationBrisbane QLD, Australia
Shaun

ShaunMelbourne

Fully convinced that Tigerair actually aspires to be the 'Worst Airline in the Galaxy".

Kim T

Kim TQueensland

Another Great Trip

4th time flying with Tiger and enjoyed every flight.
Fantastic customer service at Tullamarine with a very helpful and polite young man.
Comfortable seat, friendly cabin crew and incident free, super smooth flight.

Shelley

ShelleySydney, NSW

Flight delayed by 30 hours

I got a text at 9.30 pm tonight to say my 10 am flight is cancelled and delayed to the day after at 5.30 pm
Meaning I miss a day of a special convention Im going too
Tiger Air super sucks and I wont use this airline again
Refunds take 2 weeks or more, meaning we just funding Tiger Airs poor service
Had to pay double for another flight just to arrive at my destination on time
Service is shocking beyond words.

Connie88

Connie88merrylands

Unlikely to use again.

DHarel

DHarelGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Most shocking excuse of a company.

Flights cancelled and delayed with no option but to wait it out. Unbelievable that they are allowed to operate the way they do and that they are still in business. Never flying with them again.

spirit01

spirit01Richmond-Tweed, NSW

HOPELESS... WILL NOT PROVIDE WHAT I PAID FOR..

Booked a 3 day trip away to Sydney..

Tiger Air have now twice amended the flights.
( regrettably motels are paid for).

I now arrive late at the end of the 1st day instead of early.
Effectively my 3 day break is 1 + 1/2.

Why sells tickets then dishonestly change them at whim..

That should be illegal.. isnt it ?

DepartureCoolangatta Airport (OOL), Eastern Avenue, Bilinga QLD, Australia
Anna

AnnaSydney

Never again - glad to have safely landed

BookingThrough Airline

The absolute worst customer service I've ever received. Period.

Mandeep Singh

Mandeep SinghSydney, NSW

Worst experience

Food
In-Flight Entertainment
WiFi

Ann P.

Ann P.Sydney, NSW

Worst airline carrier ever - how are they allowed to fly ?

We are asked to check our lugguage early and checkin and be ready on time for our flight . Flight TT219 is already two hours late ( saturday 26th october Sydney - Melbourne ) with no certainity that we will be flying anytime soon . I have missed an important meeting and will be late for another . If other big businesses treat their customers like this they are fined . Where are our regulators ?????? Airport comission ??
Never again and please heed this advice in these reviews.

FletcherC

FletcherCSydney, NSW

Canceled Flight

Why does Tigerair still exist?

Always thought the bad reviews were over the top. Wrong! Reviews are spot on. Flight TT254 Melbourne to Sydney (Sunday 20/10/19) was on time and we were at the gate lined up to get on the plane - then the plane was delayed for an unknown reason and finally canceled. Magically, the Sydney plane, with the issue, was now going to Adelaide and all the Sydney passengers had been transferred to later Virgin Australia flights.

I just hope this was not Virgin Australia (owner of Tigerair) filling up their later flights to Sydney to save a dollar at the expense of their Tigerair passengers!

DestinationSydney Airport (SYD), Sydney NSW, Australia

Tony w

Tony wSydney, NSW

Cancelled flights

After 2 flights I booked were cancelled , an ex employee of tiger told me that if the flight is not fully booked, it will be cancelled and the plane diverted to another Flight which is fully booked. Makes sense if the plane will be half full, just cancel and take on fully booked flight.

Bobbyasked

Taxi companies can have their licenses taken away if they do not meet certain standards etc, obviously this does not apply to airlines? Otherwise Tiger Airways would have had their licence revoked by now!!

Daniel G.

They are a subsidiary of Virgin Airlines Australia. I think this is why they have not been shut down yet.

Bobby

Thanks, that makes sense, after they cancelled my daughters flight with only 90 minutes notice they helped her rebook onto a virgin flight costing her an additional $100, sounds like a scam to me??

Laura F

Laura Fasked

Hello, my partner and I are flying Melbourne to sydney at the end of the month with our 4 month old daughter. Can we take the pram all the way to the boarding gate or do we need to check it in when we check ourselves in? Thank so much. Laura

Tan

Tanasked

Why don't u have your flights on time people that don't have a lot money count on you for cheap flights and think you can help and be better?

brian
brian

I don't for sure but , one of these reviews on here said if there's not enough passengers - the airline waits so they can fill up the next plane with enough paying customers though, they shouldn't be operating that way
They should re name themselves laughing stock airlines or clown airlines