Tiger Airways

Domestic, International (See All)
See the Best Airlines in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Tiger Airways? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Seat Room
  • Food
  • In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi

Abdullah K.
Abdullah K.South East Queensland, QLD

Racist and rude ground staff 'Anna'. Snatched my phone from my hand and was not returning it.

annoyed
annoyedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Where is my refund?

Tigerair, I have now been waiting since the 31/3/20 for a refund on a flight you cancelled and have answered the same questions 3 times now. That's 6 weeks!!! No confirmation on refund, no response to paying and when, no call centre to get answers. Zero stars if you even care about that as there's no way to complain!

Michelle
MichelleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Tiger have Improved

I gave up on Tiger many years ago however last year I flew with them and found them to be quite good, airfare was a good price and even though the flight was cancelled to next day, they gave me plenty of warning so I wasn't mad and got to spend extra time with my bestie. It's unfortunate about current issues with Coronavirus as I had to cancel a booking for this week but I am hoping they come through with a refund.

Divia kaura
Divia kauraMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bad customer service

I booked a flight from Adelaide to Melbourne, my exam got postponed due to covid -19, I managed the booking online and got flight credits to be used till September, if not used will be forfeited. It's very tricky in this situation to use the credits within that time limit. Calling them no response. And can't even use flight credits without calling them.

Susan Harper
Susan HarperSydney, NSW

You are entitled to refund

Further to my recent review and after a second call to them they are still refusing refunds...as per the ACCC you are entitled to a refund as per the below, you do not have to accept their offer of a flight credit nor should you ( with the lowest reviews of any domestic airline in Australia there probably won’t be the option to use a flight credit in the future)
Two years ago, the ACCC put pressure on airlines to offer refunds if it wasn’t reasonable that they would be able to provide a service within a period of time.

“If they can’t provide you with a service within a reasonable period, they need to offer you a refund. You don’t need to accept the credit - you can get a refund.”

kratov
kratovSydney, NSW

DISGUSTING.

I had booked a flight from perth to sydney and back but with the corona virus tiger air cancelled all flights which is fine if people are protected but the disgusting bit is that instead of contacting people to let them know and offer solutions they put me on a flight with virgin. they should have called me and asked me, I would have said I want a full refund. the professional way of doing things is contacting customers not behaving like dictators and do as they please. disgusting, disgraceful, unprofessional.

ClassEconomy
Booking Through Airline
Lynn D.
Lynn D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Never Book With This Airline Again! No Customer Service

I have booked the domestic flights Mel- Syd for a group of 7 guests who are some from overseas. Due to the ban of visitors to Australia by Australian Government imposed at the moment, our guests were no longer to arrive. Have contacted Tiger Air for the refunds but only given flight credits which unlikely to be used in future. No customer contact service available. Never use this airline again!!!

Never again
Never againSouth East Queensland, QLD

Flight credits are difficult to use

Beau
BeauSouthwest, VIC

Delayed flights for 2hours without proper explanation

Woke up early in the morning to catch the flight from Adelaide to Melbourne today, scheduled time was 0855hrs and waited at the gate since 0740hrs. Suddenly they informed that the flight is delayed till 1020hrs then again delayed another 30min. Staff didn't even bother to explain why the flight is delayed (would understand if something goes wrong) and no apologies (of course it is not their business). We will have to pay extra money again once we are back to Melbourne airport for a late pick up my car parked there. It was first time to use Tiger, I will swear I will never use this airline. They have already wasted my money and time enough.

Muhammad Munib Ul Hassan
Muhammad Munib Ul HassanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible and dodgy airline

Was on time did check in online still had 15 mins left for the flight. Was not allowed to board. Staff was unhelpful and unwelcoming. Nasty service and dodgy airline will never ever buy again

nicky h.
nicky h.Canberra 2600, ACT

terrible!

Inna
InnaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Must pay for seat allocation

Early check in always gives you all seats together. Tiger pushing you to buy seats at the time of check in,which has never happend before.Otherwise you separated from your family

DepartureMelbourne VIC, Australia

sam
samSydney, NSW

Rubbish service ever

Canceled the flight after waiting for 2 hours and book for next day after 14 hours
Waorse service rude customer service.
No assistance

DepartureBrisbane QLD, Australia
Lewis S.
Lewis S.

Confusing booking site

Booking flights to Hobart started with good price then all add ons and unresponsive booking site. Ended up paying for luggage allowance extra one way due to unresponsive site. Not noticed till booking complete ??
Money gone from account but no email of purchase ticket 3 hours later?
Couldn’t use manage my booking without. Rang contact not very good. Mentioned extra payment for luggage and silence!!
I know it a budget airline and first time using but could have a better web site and email confirmation as booking completed
Will review flight once taken fingers crossed

Bobbyasked
Domestic

Taxi companies can have their licenses taken away if they do not meet certain standards etc, obviously this does not apply to airlines? Otherwise Tiger Airways would have had their licence revoked by now!!

Daniel G.
Daniel G.

They are a subsidiary of Virgin Airlines Australia. I think this is why they have not been shut down yet.

Bobby

Thanks, that makes sense, after they cancelled my daughters flight with only 90 minutes notice they helped her rebook onto a virgin flight costing her an additional $100, sounds like a scam to me??

Laura F
Laura Fasked
Tiger Airways

Hello, my partner and I are flying Melbourne to sydney at the end of the month with our 4 month old daughter. Can we take the pram all the way to the boarding gate or do we need to check it in when we check ourselves in? Thank so much. Laura

Tan
Tanasked
Tiger Airways

Why don't u have your flights on time people that don't have a lot money count on you for cheap flights and think you can help and be better?

brian