Tiger JKT-S10U / JKT-S18U

Tiger JKT-S10U / JKT-S18U

JKT-S10U (5.5 Cups) and JKT-S18U (10 Cups)

Not the cheapest machine going around but does rice really well ..Great machine! Easy to clean!

Not the cheapest machine going around but does rice really well.. we use this item at least 4-5 times a week.. the quick cook gave us bit harder rice, but since we added bit more water it's no longer been an issue.. normal cook delivers decent rice..

The inner pot is very good and the entire machine seems very well built..It's not the smallest cooker we've had in the household but then again it's not the largest either..

Comes with a little steamer tray/dual cooking tray which enables 2 dishes to be cooked at once (rice + other) which is a bit small for my personal preference but does the job nonetheless..

Digital screen is big and easy to read, many cooking options and love the timer delay..

Did i mention easy to clean?? Not hard at all..

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Great Rice Cooker

Easy to clean, cooks the rice perfectly, I really love it very much. Looks really good but it is very big and difficult to store inside the kitchen easily. Although it does cost a lot, you get what you pay for. I would highly recommend this product for anyone who love to eat rice regularly.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Got Rice .

I was very skeptical with an induction heating rice cooker which normally cost $500++ as I was quite happy with my $15-30 rice cooker that I bought from kmart or any other appliances store. I did a couple of reading and try to find out what make this $500++ rice cooker sooo special.

After waiting quite long I decided to try it for myself and get myself this nice tiger rice cooker or shall I say multi cooker. This time I ensure i bought myself an "Induction Heating" rice cooker. Yes its expensive, yes it looks fancy but the million dollar question is does it deliver as promised. Tiger is a well known brand from Japan and the japanese know about rice as its their staple food, combine with induction heating technology which they have been using for years.

Well today I decided to test the cooker with cooking my staple food aka Rice yes I love them so much i eat it for breakfast sometime. This time I use jasmine rice ( golden world brand, not the el cheapo sun rice). I selected "Ultra" option which will cook the rice slightly longer but promised a tastier rice like you never eat before.

Low behold, after waiting around 1 hour or so and prepping this special time. I put a spoonful of this itsy bitsy fluffy rice in my mouth.

I close my eyes and I can see myself running in a rice paddy field,
Yes its sooo damn good and i was thinking maybe that was just a lucky patch on the rice cooker which cook the rice perfectly, so I grab another spoon ful randomly from the rice cooker and again in my mouth it goes.

Words just cant express how delish this rice is.

I have been wondering why I have been wasting my youth eating rice from an el cheapo rice cooker when I can have this "restaurant quality" rice from tiger.

Expensive yes, but if you eat rice almost everyday like me this should be a must have item in your kitchen.
I work it out if this machine last say 5 years, that would work out it cost $10 /month to have this awesome rice served at your plate and its money well spent I would say. I say this machine will last longer than 5 years.

Im pretty sure you can get more expensive rice cooker brand such as Zojirushi etc, but for me this tiger rice cooker will be my favourite item in the kitchen from now on. Ah and also this rice cooker is made in Japan !

Date PurchasedAug 2017