Toyota HiLux MK7.I (2005-2008)

Toyota HiLux MK7.I (2005-2008)

See the Best Utes in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Brushy57

Brushy57Perth, WA

Great vehicle

Purchased my 05 turbo diesel hilux with 261,000k's on it injectors had been done at 245,000 apart from the usual costs associated with a 14 year old vehicle runs a treat serviced regularly 7500 -10000ks now up to 345,000k's used for work, off the beaten track and towing the tinny wondering how many more k's it will run for?

Purchased in October 2015.

BoughtUsed
Comfort

David R.

David R.Canberra 2600, ACT

2008 HiLux 3 litre turbo diesel

Purchased in August 2017 at Private Sale.

Noise Level
Comfort
Mark

MarkPerth, WA

Toyota vehicles are better

We only own Toyota vehicles for work and personal use at this time and will only buy Toyota vehicles in the near future!
We find they are more reliable and last a lot longer without repairs or replacing broken items!
They just seem to be better quality and more reliable over a long period of time than other brand vehicles!
Melville Lock Service highly recommend Toyota hilux and other Toyota vehicles!
Mark Berkovic
Melville Lock Service

Date PurchasedJan 2000
Muzzie1993

Muzzie1993AU

Review of our 4 wheel drive

We got this 4 wheel drive vehicle last year and it’s great but the leg room is good but one of our 12v sockets don’t work in the Vehicle and we have a tow ball for towing our camper van and a stability control in 4 wheel drive as well and 6 cd stacker player with fm and am radio and good room in back of the 4 wheel drive to put our shopping into and good leg room.and
Seat belts in back are sometimes lock on me it’s annoying

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Tamika

TamikaBrisbane

Tough and Durable

We brought the Toyota SR5 in 2005. this purchase has been amazing. The vehicle has always been a strong kicker, had a few minor hiccups but once repaired, no further problems. 13 years later this car has gone through hell being a fleet vehicle. and it is still holding strong, had a few tricky issues with the internal cab fan but again fixed twice and no problems,

This 2005 model will go on forever with expected maintenance for its age.

CabDouble Cab
Date PurchasedApr 2005

troopie1987

troopie1987AU

I will stick with my toyotas.

Date PurchasedJun 2012

kjpjp

kjpjpBrisbane

2007 SR5 - Issues

Rob M

Clutch, gearbox and differential design problems.

mick

mick

toyota hilux v6 4.0 litre

have owned this hilux for the past 9 years and will never ever buy another ute ,only Toyota this ute is a beast has never ever broken down I have done 670,000km and still goes as new never changed clutch , I got no words for the hilux v6 4.0.l such a good ute its a 5 speed manual I use Castrol magnetic oil 10/40 the only problem that I have is the clutch bearing is bit noisy when I realise the clutch pedal but this has been happening for the past 7 years so I don't care it keeps up with v8 this ute is amazing

CabSingle Cab
Philmangione

Philmangione

Was reliable until the motor ceased

I've always been a Toyota man and have had a mix of hilux' and hi-ace's. I owned a 2007 turbo diesel 2x4 hilux, I bought it from a Toyota dealer with 170,000km on the clock. The car was serviced regularly and maintained, it was reliable and drive well up until it hit 200,000km where it decided to cease up on me in the middle of the freeway. The mechanic told me it was from the injectors that leaked and cause the oil sump pickup to clog. Apparently this is a common problem in the 05-07 turbo diesel hilux 's. Since Toyota have moved their manufacturing to Thailand these cars have lost all their reliability and quality. I will never own another Post 2005 hilux again. stay away from the turbo diesels.

CabDouble Cab

slimeysideways

slimeysidewaysBrisbane

Unbreakable workhorse

I've owned a lot of cars, but my 2005 Hilux SR with optional tradepack, would have to be the best so far. The 5 speed auto is a peach & mated to the 4ltr V6, torque & power are perfectly matched for fuel economy, good interior, ample leg room. It has travelled 245,000Km & is as tight as the day it rolled off the line. I'll keep this one, I don't see the need to replace it. If you're looking for a good reliable, comfortable & practical ute, this is the one.

CabSingle Cab

2006 series hilux 4wd not a patch on earlier models

egg

eggwauchope

Unbreakable

I have v6 2006 oct series. hit 300000 kms and have only just changed suspension and springs, im a roofer and has never let me down. mind you I wish Toyota would sell upgraded hilux rather than me having to go to all the trouble of shopping around for accessories. have driven all other types of utes and found them to be rubbish, but lets face it, you will always come across lemons in every make and model, I susppose I was just lucky

Engine Size3.4L V6 Petrol

Extremely durable

I am a miner in northern Sweden. We drive mostly Toyota hilux in underground mining to get to workplaces and for service personnel etc. These cars stay underground almost all the time, and we are doing 5-shifts at my workplace. This means that each car has up to 25 different drivers. They run on gravel roads 1000 meter underground in extremely dirty and hard conditions. The slopeways incline 10%. There is never any problems with the hiluxes in our workplace. many of us drive them like they are stolen.

Jimmy c

Jimmy cNewcastle, New South Wales

Sad hilux

I have a 2005 turbo hilux sr5 automatic it's a good truck. But I'm having trouble with it . It stalls at lights it stalls when you are driving slow. You can tell it's about to do it. It gets real rattley and stops it starts up straight away but sometimes you can go for weeks with out a problem .and then it's starts playing up again do anyone know what's wrong with it.
It's a good handling 4wd on road and off road
The air bag light stays on and it rattles on startup and it's stalling

Danny

DannyGeelong

Reliable

I've had this Hilux from new in late 05 and it's only been back to the dealer once for a recall. The biggest problem with it was the dash clock falling into the dashboard when adjusting it. Oh yes, and the fuel economy isn't great. The 2.7 motor started off at 13l/100km new around town and now it's around 12.2.
Basic, easy to service, comfortable bucket seat, powerful enough.

Engine Size2.7L Petrol

Mr D

Mr DAU

For Work or Play

I purchased my 2005 V6 Auto Hilux about 18 months ago with 80000klms, don't let every one tell you that they are thirsty compared to the diesel, it is smooth, quite and not smelly or messy at the fuel bowser and a pleasure to drive, the economy depends on how you drive it, at over $7500 for a diesel injector pump I will stick to a petrol any day, I have also done a fair bit of towing, I love the 5 speed Auto it's a breeze,
Smooth Auto, Powerful V6, Resale Value,
Not as good off-road Standard as there use to be,

shamusauckland

Diesel injectors bad

Serenatopia
Serenatopia

Hi there, thanks for the comment. Is the automatic petrol version has the same problem you mention with the diesel bypassing injector fuel and getting into oil sump?

shamus

injectors on diesel not like petrol one. Mates hilux gearbox broke a cog and needed expensive repair at 160000km, they very lightly built gearboxes compared to the old model.

Andrew1964AU

2005 Hilux SR5 4.0 V6 Auto 4 door 5 seat

Andrew1964

I read some guy in Melboune sells a bolt on supercharger kit. So the V6 goes from 180 to 280kw and you need touch nothing else!

Andrew1964

Update- 07/2015 still going strong! only routine servicing required. Still averaging 11-12 /100

Dean

Deanvillawood

on my clock tells me 9.9 to 100k not true 12L to 100k .

Sr5 D4D king cab if I have air con on 13 .5L to ever 100k thats just me in the car driven at 60kl so were can I get 1 that cam do 8.5L to 100k .an I have trd chip fule saver on isit im driver 2 slow .?? Or isit the wait of the spair wheel lol .
I havent had any ploblems but eats 2 much fule