Toyota Kluger GSU50R GX

Toyota Kluger GSU50R GX (2014-2019)

Also referred to as: Toyota Kluger GSU50R GX 2018 and Toyota Kluger GSU50R GX 2020. AWD (2014-2019) and 2WD (2014-2019)

See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Nader

NaderGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very good car suitable for families

very good family car , It has a bit high fuel consumption ,rather than that it is amazing, very smooth ,bought it use same year, no issues or complains at all

Purchased in June 2019 for $35,000.00.

Year2019

Louise085

Louise085Launceston, TAS

Brilliant family SUV

I upgraded from a BMW 320i when I had my second baby and don’t know how I coped with such a small car for so long!
The kluger is basic but still stylish and very practical.

It has 5 seats with the option of 2 more in the far rear. Air conditioning reached right to the back and can be turned off if not needed back there.

I’m sitting at around 9.5L / 100 kms which is high but good for a big car. From empty it’s around 80-90 dollars to fill.

Servicing sits around 180-200 and so far I have had no issues.

Purchased in July 2018 at Toyota Dealers for $32,000.00.

sophieleilua21

sophieleilua21Sydney, NSW

Amazing family car

I use this car mainly for family transport, my everyday car. It has cotton service once as we just purchased it just over 6 months now which Toyota does every 6 months

Purchased in November 2018 at Toyota Dealers.

Sean

SeanSydney, NSW

Very reliable performance and excellent driving experience

- Commuting, family transport and school pickup
- Daily driving around 30 ~ 50 km
- Half-yearly service at a fixed price $180
- But a bit high fuel consumption 12.8 liter for 100 km

Purchased in December 2015 for $41,500.00.

BoughtNew
Year2015

Gillian

GillianHunter Region, NSW

Disappointed with key quality and warranty

Purchased this car new in Jan 2018 - in Feb 2019 the key broke - it just opened and the inside computerised piece fell out ( could not find it ) - the car is still under warranty and yet I had to pay $245 for a repair . There was not a mark on the key itself - so the fault was not mine .I have never had this problem with any key before. Extremely disappointed in the service dept at the Toyota dealership that they don't warrant their faulty key.

Purchased in March 2019.

Yousuf

YousufKellyville NSW

Good practical design inside out

We mainly use this car for family vehicle is beautifully design with immense sense of practicality. ride is super smooth if runs on premium unleaded engine is so quite however 8 speed gearbox needs bit improvement shifting is not as seamless as the previous 6 speed gearbox but it still helps you save on fuel , it also makes you feel that car is being driven in big gear at low speed with low revs.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
DriveFWD

Nadene

NadeneSandy beach

Toyota Kruger 2017

I Never ever would of thought I would of bought a Kluger!
But I Love Love Love it, it’s so smooth to drive there is so much room for the kids I the back and I can fit nearly everything in the car because all the seats lie flat!
I highly Recommend this car to everyone with a Family!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
DriveRWD

Tiff1971

Tiff1971South East Queensland, QLD

Great spacious, reliable family car

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Michael

MichaelBrisbane

Beautiful car

I bought this card in March 2018 and it drives like a treat, it doesn't sit ridiculously high like some SUVs so my wife can easily move our baby in and out of the back seat. It has grunt when needed but if you're happy to drive gently the economy is very good (around 10L/100km on avg).

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Steven

StevenCairns

OK, Could be better

Front wheel drive with power, not good, hang on tight accelerating on rough road. Speed o out by 7km. Radio loses stations when battery disconnected. I would prefer the ride a bit softer, gets annoying on bad roads and we have plenty. Head rests are terrible, bent forward, hitting the back of your head on bad roads. A boy racer must have designed it. The rest good.

Great car

Bought my burgundy GX new 18 months ago. One of the most versatile, quiet cars I have ever owned. Lots of power for safe overtaking. Likes a drink though - 14L/100 km in town, but good on open road - best ever was 7.4L/100 on highway. Much nicer to drive than the Camry it's based on.

CL

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Awesome car love it

I bought 4x2 GX and loved it. Got plenty of torque and runs smooth. Plenty of space in the back row. Last row seat only good for short distance if occupied by adults. Huge boot and once you lay the seat down there is ton of space. Bit thirsty on fuel in city 14l/100kms but quiet good n long drives8-9l/100kms

jose

jose

Works awesome

Drive very smoothly, style is superb , very spacious and torque is strong , safety is great . Price is reasonable. Dashboard is stylish . Cap service is additional bonus . Fuel consumption to the best . Suspension is smooth . Steering wheel is to the max . Love the car !

Date PurchasedJan 2018

azzy

azzyperth

Excellent 2yrs review so a liittle bit long

Date PurchasedSep 2015
karthi

karthitamil.selvi11@gmail.com

Big size family car

Very good car, from the day we got this we haven't had any issues and never felt like of chose the wrong one. Adjustable seats is very comfortable specially when you travel for long distance. Rear seats are not so bad compare with others in the market around same pricing. Only bit of trouble we always have is parking when we go to shopping centre with narrow parking spaces.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Zain

ZainPerth

Best car I have owned because it is my first NEW car!

Great family mover that is spacious enough and extremely comfortable!

It does use abit more fuel that I hoped averaging about 12-13L per 100km for city driving, highway driving is great at 9L per 100km.

So far the only issue I had was a flat battery after 13 months which when I took it to Toyota they just told me it needed a charge, it then went flat twice and they only cover 50% after a year so I took it elsewhere to have it changed!

razzamartaz

razzamartazAU

Oh what a feeling

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Kerryn

KerrynLavington

WOW - What a car!

This is just like - wow. I never thought I would have an SUV, but due to my spouses disability we needed one. It has exceeded my expectations of what luxury you can have in a SUV.
It is so quiet and room - it is like a lounge room in the back. But does expand to 7 seats, if needed.

Papapete

PapapetePerth, WA

A very nice car, 2WD model can get away from you

A very well equipped vehicle, a pleasure to drive and be driven in.

The 7 seat capacity with air-con controls in the rear for your family will please all, and as normal Toyota always seem to make the coldest air conditioning of all the car manufactures (I think!)

The only issue I have with my base model GX 2WD is the power going into the front 2 drive wheels can make it a bit of a handful if you push it hard, use caution when going to over take a slow moving vehicle and building your speed up quickly.

All up, well priced servicing (10K) Fuel good around 9.9l per 100k for 2wd

New Dad

New DadMelbourne

What an excellent SUV

Absolutely loving it. We had a camry but this is just another level.. especially when travelling to long distances...highly recommended for anyone interested in a SUV.
TOYOTA reliability design are on full display in this model. It is a 7 seater so the whole family can enjoy those long trips.