Toyota Kluger

Toyota Kluger (2014-2021)

Also referred to as: Toyota Kluger 2020 and Toyota Kluger 2022. AWD, 2WD
See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Toyota

• Comfort
  • Features
wed_1
wed_1Sydney

There's a reason you see them everywhere!

We were in the market for a larger family car which had 7 seats and a petrol engine. After looking around we found the Kluger to be the best fit what we needed.

We have owned the vehicle for 9 months and I have no regrets about the purchase. We can easily fit 3 car seats and the kids have alot of legroom in the second row.

Fuel economy around town is a little average at about 15 L/100kms but that can be expected with a heavy car.

Fuel economy on the highway has surprised me though, getting down to as low as 8 L/100km.

Purchased in November 2020 at Toyota Dealers for $58,000.00.

ChrisC
ChrisCGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dumped it within the first year

Underpowered, under optioned, uneconomical, worst car I have ever owned and couldn’t wait to get rid of it before it’s one year anniversary. Dealer couldn’t even provide matching floor mats.

Purchased in February 2020.

Pedro L.
Pedro L.

Dream

What a truly exceptional car to drive, super spacious, powerful and reliable. I cannot fault this vehicle. It’s always a pleasure to drive with so much room in the cargo area for camping

Purchased in January 2017 for $37,000.00.

Flairs
FlairsSouth East Queensland, QLD

The Seats are a real big disappointment, The Dealership was not very helpful after the deal was signed

Purchased in November 2019 for $69,000.00.

Angelo
AngeloSydney, NSW

Nearly excellent

A great all round car. I would have given it a 5 stars if only it tech was updated to meet it competitors. They need to introduce apple car play to get the rating. But I am lead to believe they will offer an upgrade soon.

Purchased in January 2020.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Nader
NaderGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very good car suitable for families

very good family car , It has a bit high fuel consumption ,rather than that it is amazing, very smooth ,bought it use same year, no issues or complains at all

Purchased in June 2019 for $35,000.00.

Mike
MikeSydney, NSW

Classy, beautiful and reliable

Very reliable classy car for all your daily commutes. It has every function you need. Smooth running. Attractive and everyone comments on that with you. Strong safe but cosy. Service program is well organised.

Purchased in February 2018 at Western Toyota.

The Lounge Lizard
The Lounge LizardDarwin, NT

The car I said I would never buy

i have just bought a Kluger, the car I said I would never buy- but I am glad I did. My deal breaker on a new car was a full size spare tyre- that gets rid of about 80% of the possibilities.

Having owned 4WDs for most of my life, Including most recently a 120 series Prado, I realised that I had not done any serious off-roading for a long time, nor was I likely to. But I still wanted reliability, room to move and that full size spare- enter Kluger. A good looking car these days especially in Crystal Pearl and enough mumbo to make highway travel a breeze. The recent update has the Kluger swarming with safety feature. The only one I am not sure about is adaptive cruise control.

Early days but this is very easy to live with.

Ian
IanPalmerston, NT

Great family wagon

Car gets used every day and is comfortable and reliable. It is used around town and on the freeway. It fits our family of seven with ease and I recommend it over other family rigs.

Purchased in May 2015 at Peter Kittle Motor for $70,000.00.

sophieleilua21
sophieleilua21Sydney, NSW

Amazing family car

I use this car mainly for family transport, my everyday car. It has cotton service once as we just purchased it just over 6 months now which Toyota does every 6 months

Purchased in November 2018 at Toyota Dealers.

Sean
SeanSydney, NSW

Very reliable performance and excellent driving experience

- Commuting, family transport and school pickup
- Daily driving around 30 ~ 50 km
- Half-yearly service at a fixed price $180
- But a bit high fuel consumption 12.8 liter for 100 km

Purchased in December 2015 for $41,500.00.

Gillian
GillianHunter Region, NSW

Disappointed with key quality and warranty

Purchased this car new in Jan 2018 - in Feb 2019 the key broke - it just opened and the inside computerised piece fell out ( could not find it ) - the car is still under warranty and yet I had to pay $245 for a repair . There was not a mark on the key itself - so the fault was not mine .I have never had this problem with any key before. Extremely disappointed in the service dept at the Toyota dealership that they don't warrant their faulty key.

Purchased in March 2019.

Year2017
pjw304
pjw304Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

LOVE this beautiful vehicle!

BadgeGXL
Date PurchasedJan 2018
Jane S
Jane SAU

Good Car, solid engine, but missing key features

BadgeGXL
Date PurchasedJuly 2018
S.G
S.GAdelaide

Fantastic car!!

I’m absolutely in love with the 2018 kluger!!! I had it on hire for a month or two a few months ago and I must say it’s by far the most fancy four wheel drive I’ve ever driven. I’d highly recommend it to anybody with a large family as they have fold away back extra seats as well!!

BadgeGrande
Date PurchasedMay 2018

Waldo
Waldoasked
Kluger (2014-2021)

Is there another fuse box in a 2018 kluger apart from the one in the engine bay have looked everywhere

Prue
Prueasked
Kluger (2014-2021)

Has anyone had a Kluger that’s dash began squeaking? This is a new kluger 11000km. Two squeaks in different spots along the dash. I can not stand it to the point I feel like returning it to Toyota for a refund.
If the dealership looks for the squeaks how will they do it?
If it involves pulling the dash apart I think it will just cause more noise.
Also there is a slight rattle in the drivers door. I swear I need ear plugs to drive it so it doesn’t irritate me

Bryce
Bryceasked
Kluger (2014-2021)

Do the new Toyota Kluger's have the same oil clogging problems as the previous models

See all Toyota Kluger (2014-2021) questions

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Toyota Kluger (2014-2021)

Compare all 9 Toyota Kluger (2014-2021)
CategoryLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVs
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Engine Code2GR-FKS2GR-FKS2GR-FKS2GR-FKS
Max Power218kW @ 6600rpm218kW @ 6600rpm218kW @ 6600rpm218kW @ 6600rpm
Max Torque350Nm @ 4700rpm350Nm @ 4700rpm350Nm @ 4700rpm350Nm @ 4700rpm
Boot Capacity241 L241 L241 L241 L
Phone ConnectivityAndroid Auto (Wired), Apple CarPlay (Wired) and BluetoothAndroid Auto (Wired), Apple CarPlay (Wired) and BluetoothAndroid Auto (Wired), Apple CarPlay (Wired) and BluetoothAndroid Auto (Wired), Apple CarPlay (Wired) and Bluetooth
Wireless ChargerNoNoNoNo
Security FeaturesImmobilizerImmobilizerImmobilizerImmobilizer
RoofPanoramic Glass
Steering Wheel AdjustmentTelescoping (Manual) and Up/DownTelescoping (Manual) and Up/DownTelescoping (Manual) and Up/DownTelescoping (Manual) and Up/Down
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)2,000 kg2,000 kg2,000 kg2,000 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Headlights
TypeLEDLEDLEDLED
Headlight FeaturesAutomatic On/OffAutomatic On/OffAutomatic On/OffAutomatic On/Off
Safety Features
CamerasRearRearRearRear
Cruise ControlAdaptive (ACC)Adaptive (ACC)Adaptive (ACC)Adaptive (ACC)
Parking SensorsCross-Traffic Alert (Rear), Front and RearCross-Traffic Alert (Rear), Front and RearCross-Traffic Alert (Rear), Front and RearCross-Traffic Alert (Rear), Front and Rear
Hazard PerceptionBlind Spot Monitoring (BSM) and Forward Collision WarningBlind Spot Monitoring (BSM) and Forward Collision WarningBlind Spot Monitoring (BSM) and Forward Collision WarningBlind Spot Monitoring (BSM) and Forward Collision Warning
Lane AssistanceLane Departure Warning (LDW)Lane Departure Warning (LDW)Lane Departure Warning (LDW)Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
Speed Sign RecognitionYes, read onlyYes, read onlyYes, read onlyYes, read only
Dimensions
Kerb Weight1,885 kg1,885 kg1,955 kg1,970 kg
Ground Clearance208 mm208 mm208 mm208 mm
Driver Information
GaugesAnalogue and DigitalAnalogue and DigitalAnalogue and DigitalAnalogue and Digital
Built-In Navigation SystemYesNoYesYes
Heads Up DisplayNoNoNoNo
Voice ControlNoNoNoNo
Digital Radio (DAB+)YesYesYesYes
Release dateJan 2014Jan 2014Jan 2014Jan 2014
Compare all 9 Toyota Kluger (2014-2021)