Toyota Kluger GSU50R

Toyota Kluger GSU50R (2014-2019)

Also referred to as: Toyota Kluger GSU50R 2018 and Toyota Kluger GSU50R 2020. GXL (2014-2019), GX (2014-2019) and Grande (2014-2019)

See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

JQ33

JQ33Perth, WA

Reliable

I bought it 2nd hand and it has been great for me. No problems at all not even minor ones. As long as you service it regularly these Toyota cars will never give issues

Purchased in April 2015 for $30,000.00.

Year2014

Mike

MikeSydney, NSW

Classy, beautiful and reliable

Very reliable classy car for all your daily commutes. It has every function you need. Smooth running. Attractive and everyone comments on that with you. Strong safe but cosy. Service program is well organised.

Purchased in February 2018 at Western Toyota.

Year2018
Louise085

Louise085Launceston, TAS

Brilliant family SUV

I upgraded from a BMW 320i when I had my second baby and don’t know how I coped with such a small car for so long!
The kluger is basic but still stylish and very practical.

It has 5 seats with the option of 2 more in the far rear. Air conditioning reached right to the back and can be turned off if not needed back there.

I’m sitting at around 9.5L / 100 kms which is high but good for a big car. From empty it’s around 80-90 dollars to fill.

Servicing sits around 180-200 and so far I have had no issues.

Purchased in July 2018 at Toyota Dealers for $32,000.00.

The Lounge Lizard

The Lounge LizardDarwin, NT

The car I said I would never buy

i have just bought a Kluger, the car I said I would never buy- but I am glad I did. My deal breaker on a new car was a full size spare tyre- that gets rid of about 80% of the possibilities.

Having owned 4WDs for most of my life, Including most recently a 120 series Prado, I realised that I had not done any serious off-roading for a long time, nor was I likely to. But I still wanted reliability, room to move and that full size spare- enter Kluger. A good looking car these days especially in Crystal Pearl and enough mumbo to make highway travel a breeze. The recent update has the Kluger swarming with safety feature. The only one I am not sure about is adaptive cruise control.

Early days but this is very easy to live with.

Ian

IanPalmerston, NT

Great family wagon

Car gets used every day and is comfortable and reliable. It is used around town and on the freeway. It fits our family of seven with ease and I recommend it over other family rigs.

Purchased in May 2015 at Peter Kittle Motor for $70,000.00.

Year2015

Michael10

Michael10Northern Region, NSW

Not for me.

Purchased in January 2018.

Year2018

sophieleilua21

sophieleilua21Sydney, NSW

Amazing family car

I use this car mainly for family transport, my everyday car. It has cotton service once as we just purchased it just over 6 months now which Toyota does every 6 months

Purchased in November 2018 at Toyota Dealers.

Sean

SeanSydney, NSW

Very reliable performance and excellent driving experience

- Commuting, family transport and school pickup
- Daily driving around 30 ~ 50 km
- Half-yearly service at a fixed price $180
- But a bit high fuel consumption 12.8 liter for 100 km

Purchased in December 2015 for $41,500.00.

Year2015
Gillian

GillianHunter Region, NSW

Disappointed with key quality and warranty

Purchased this car new in Jan 2018 - in Feb 2019 the key broke - it just opened and the inside computerised piece fell out ( could not find it ) - the car is still under warranty and yet I had to pay $245 for a repair . There was not a mark on the key itself - so the fault was not mine .I have never had this problem with any key before. Extremely disappointed in the service dept at the Toyota dealership that they don't warrant their faulty key.

Purchased in March 2019.

pjw304

pjw304Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

LOVE this beautiful vehicle!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Jane S

Jane SAU

Good Car, solid engine, but missing key features

Date PurchasedJul 2018

S.G

S.GAdelaide

Fantastic car!!

I’m absolutely in love with the 2018 kluger!!! I had it on hire for a month or two a few months ago and I must say it’s by far the most fancy four wheel drive I’ve ever driven. I’d highly recommend it to anybody with a large family as they have fold away back extra seats as well!!

BadgeGrande
Date PurchasedMay 2018

Yousuf

YousufKellyville NSW

Good practical design inside out

We mainly use this car for family vehicle is beautifully design with immense sense of practicality. ride is super smooth if runs on premium unleaded engine is so quite however 8 speed gearbox needs bit improvement shifting is not as seamless as the previous 6 speed gearbox but it still helps you save on fuel , it also makes you feel that car is being driven in big gear at low speed with low revs.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
DriveFWD

nic f

nic fmelbourne

Amazing!

Smooth drive and very well thought of interior! The purchasing process was made extremely easy through Patterson Cheney Dandenong. The Kluger is very spacious and great for long drives. I would highly recommend the Kluger to anyone who has a large family or owns dogs. The middle console is my favourite due to the large space it provides.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Nadene

NadeneSandy beach

Toyota Kruger 2017

I Never ever would of thought I would of bought a Kluger!
But I Love Love Love it, it’s so smooth to drive there is so much room for the kids I the back and I can fit nearly everything in the car because all the seats lie flat!
I highly Recommend this car to everyone with a Family!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
DriveRWD
Tiff1971

Tiff1971South East Queensland, QLD

Great spacious, reliable family car

Date PurchasedDec 2017

AYam

AYamNSW, 2125

Best Car I ever owned

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Michael

MichaelBrisbane

Beautiful car

I bought this card in March 2018 and it drives like a treat, it doesn't sit ridiculously high like some SUVs so my wife can easily move our baby in and out of the back seat. It has grunt when needed but if you're happy to drive gently the economy is very good (around 10L/100km on avg).

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Rhiannon

RhiannonBenalla

I love this car, highly recommend

I love driving my car now, I brought a new car for a family car, it is perfect for car seat installation with isofix, beautiful car to drive and it’s a big car but doesn’t feel big to drive, my parter is 6ft 4 and there is plenty of leg room even with a car seat behind the passenger seat, love the leather interior

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Erin

ErinCessnock

Best car I’ve ever owned!

Outstanding driving performance. Smooth, quiet but power when you need it. A very sleek and well appointed dash with all the extras drivers and families need. Comfort features are second to none, with more than enough space to comfortably seat 5 adults and 2 children. The extra 2 seats in the back fold away flush to reveal a huge boot space. You have the versatility of using only one of the rear seats if needed and those seats are as comfortable as the main seats. Kluge is the perfect family car, I couldn’t imagine anything else better suiting our needs.

BadgeCV
Date PurchasedNov 2016

Michael P.

Michael P.asked

My2008 kluger rear door willnot open.Not auto lift.when I unlock the car, all other doors can be opened.I can hear a clicking sound in the door,but won't open.Have opened the access panel but can see no lever to open door from inside.Any ideas welcome

KUMUDUasked

GSU50R GXL 2WD

I bought a brand-new Toyota Kluger GSU50R GXL 2WD - 2019 from a very reputed Toyota dealer in July 2019. Couple of days after the delivery the Air conditioner went faulty. When I speak to them, they tell you things like to a 5y old child expecting us to believe. Normally any service reps from any dealer ships from any manufacturers are very bad. They produced good constructive explanatory statements for customers. They just don’t tell you the truth. I have been in to this dealership 4 times for the same problem. Still not working. Now Toyota Australia is involved. Why this problem keeps coming like this? Is this because of the incompetent technicians of the dealer who can’t trouble shoot this or is it a factory defect? It is not a cheap model! We paid to drive, not sitting at workshop for technicians to learn or do trial & error work. Its my money & my car.
What Lemon Car! What an Unbreakable Toyota!

Jamie
Jamie

Can you explain exactly whats wrong with the aircon? (tell me as if I'm a technician you need to help point where to look)

KUMUDU

when turn on the Air conditioner no cold air. Inside the car is fogging up if you use the heater. first time they said it was a human error at the factory. Drove home next day no Air conditioner working again (no cold air) . Took it back to the dealer that time they kept the car for two days & use some dye to see where the gas leak is. After a day or so they said found the problem & it is the compressor int going faulty. I knew it was a load of garbage. In a brand new car ? what a joke. Then it took them nearly a week to get the compressor from Japan. Fitted in after 1.5 months later no air con again. Took it back again then they said the gas was too much last time when they regassed. So they I think they patched up again & so far its ok. waiting to pass 1.5 months to see what happens next. Thanks

Mahsan S.

Mahsan S.asked

GSU50R Grande 2WD

Is this a better car than the kluger GX? Whats with the fuel consumption with Grande? Anyone had precious experience with this? Many thanks in advance.

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Toyota Kluger GSU50R GXL AWD

Toyota Kluger GSU50R GXL AWD (2014-2019)

Toyota Kluger GSU50R GXL 2WD

Toyota Kluger GSU50R GXL 2WD (2014-2019)

Toyota Kluger GSU50R GX AWD

Toyota Kluger GSU50R GX AWD (2014-2019)

Toyota Kluger GSU50R GX 2WD

Toyota Kluger GSU50R GX 2WD (2014-2019)

Toyota Kluger GSU50R Grande AWD

Toyota Kluger GSU50R Grande AWD (2014-2019)

1 review
Toyota Kluger GSU50R Grande 2WD

Toyota Kluger GSU50R Grande 2WD (2014-2019)

No reviews
CategoryLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVs
Starting Price $64,078$59,878$53,473$49,273$75,488$71,317
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeAll Wheel Drive (AWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD) and Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD) and Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD) and Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Wheels18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy19" Alloy19" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars
Doors555555
Seats777777
Fuel Consumption9.5 L/100km9.5 L/100km9.5 L/100km9.5 L/100km9.5 L/100km9.5 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 72 L72 L72 L72 L72 L72 L
Engine6 Cylinder 3.5L6 Cylinder 3.5L6 Cylinder 3.5L6 Cylinder 3.5L6 Cylinder 3.5L6 Cylinder 3.5L
Max Power218kW @ 6600rpm218kW @ 6600rpm218kW @ 6600rpm218kW @ 6600rpm218kW @ 6600rpm218kW @ 6600rpm
Max Torque350Nm @ 4700rpm350Nm @ 4700rpm350Nm @ 4700rpm350Nm @ 4700rpm350Nm @ 4700rpm350Nm @ 4700rpm
Country of ManufactureUSAUSAUSAUSAUSAUSA
  • Built-In Navigation System
  • Sunroof
  • Sunroof
  • USB Port
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)2,000 kg2,000 kg2,000 kg2,000 kg2,000 kg2,000 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)700 kg700 kg700 kg700 kg700 kg700 kg
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJan 2014Jan 2014Jan 2014Jan 2014Jan 2014Jan 2014