15Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ
Part of Toyota LandCruiser 70 4.0

Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ (2007-2024) Questions & Answers

VerifiedAlso referred to as: Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ 2023 and Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ 2025.
Ash
Ash · LandCruiser 70 VDJ (2007-2024)

I have a 2007 vdj76. Unfortunately someone broke in so need to replace passenger door lock.
Only have 1 key. It seems cheaper to replace all locks including ignition than to get a passenger lock rekeyed and hVing another main key cut.
I have been advised my key has a transponding chip.
I didn't think the 70series before 2010 had the transponding chip?

If anyone in the know can confirm or correct me.

Gary
Gary · LandCruiser 70 VDJ (2007-2024)

I have a 2012 VDJ troop carrier that has no active codes on scanner , it cranks but won’t start . On crank the fuel rail pressure is only 14000 Kpa , google tells me it should be 300000 kpa , yes it has fuel to injector pump . The vehicle drove into my shed 3 months ago and I went to drive it yesterday and zero , battery new yesterday also , fuses good , I have a feeling this is a simple thing gone wrong any ideas

Ben A.
Ben A. · LandCruiser 70 VDJ (2007-2024)

What extras are on a 2022 vdj compared to a 2007 motor just bought one and need to know what is extra and how i need to do it

Gary
Gary · LandCruiser 70 VDJ (2007-2024)

2011 78 v8 that cranks slowly but is ok with jump start , 2 new batteries I have tried , cleaned one earth/ground cable but can’t find the engine ground, any ideas ? Thx in advance

BBB B.
BBB B.

Question
when you jump started it and it cranked over well did you put the jumper cables with both on the battery terminals or one on the battery and one one the engine to earth?
If you used the engine as an earth and it cranked well then you definitely have a loose earth, assuming the battery is in good condition.
If you used both terminals (battery to battery) and it cranked well your battery/ batteries are suspicious.

Gary

I did earth to engine , I looked at a spare starter motor and loom and there is 3 grounds to engine from the loom !!!

Ross L.
Ross L. · LandCruiser 70 VDJ (2007-2024)

Does the engine need to be removed to replace the both turbos on a 2009 Sahara please?

Ross L.
Ross L. · LandCruiser 70 VDJ (2007-2024)

Does the engine need to be removed to replace both turbos on 2009 Sahara?

Cosmas Jnr V.
Cosmas Jnr V. · LandCruiser 70 VDJ (2007-2024)

How to replace a injector pump

Rob B.
Rob B. · LandCruiser 70 VDJ (2007-2024)

Vdj78r team out of fuel now it starts but wont run..?

Shooter

If it starts and runs for a few seconds or even drives for perhaps 30 seconds it’s a fuel starvation problem. You need to put plenty of fuel in the tank. IE. at least 20L+.
There is too much air in the lines.

Glenn
Glenn · LandCruiser 70 VDJ (2007-2024)

Hi my vdj79r 2011 has a broken manafold bolt has anyone had this problem

Shooter

No, but I have had it on other engines and it’s a doable home repair job.

Glenn

Does the engine has to come out

Glenn
Glenn · LandCruiser 70 VDJ (2007-2024)

Hi do you have to take the engine out of a Toyota Landcruiser vdj79r to remove broken manafold stud.

barry Q.
barry Q. · LandCruiser 70 VDJ (2007-2024)

Hi all have vdj78l model Landcruiser, with v8 diesel engine 1vd ftv / the year 2018, car will crank and stop within 2 seconds, common rail pressure run up to 32000kpa at idle 7500 psi, diagnostic tool showing immobilizer fault b279a theft-deterrent fault , keys are chipped all good, transponder amplifier all good , one oter fault left rear abs sensor that we will look at now , vehicle will not start , only start then stop , all fuel is ok , anyone with same fault can drop me a line [Email Removed] , thanks baz

Shooter

There is a lot of info online for b279a.
Clearly in the “electrical fault of some sort” category.

Steve W.
Steve W. · LandCruiser 70 VDJ (2007-2024)

How to disconnect speedometer on 2006 landcruiser

D.B
D.B · VDJ GXL Double-Cab (2007-2024)

Would you recommend a decoder on a 79 series
If your going on a lap of Oz
To get you out of trouble with limp mode issues

Shooter

I haven’t even heard of limp mode on a 79 series and I’m not convinced it exists.
Certainly neither me nor any one I know has has limp mode appear on that vehicle.

D.B

thanks for that answers that Question.
is the rear axle an issue if you leave standard ?

conceptair
conceptair

Limp mode exists, off key on key will clear an intermittent fault but engine light will stay on till cleared

Jullieann F.
Jullieann F. · VDJ GX (2007-2024)

I need to know how to fix head rest button ,the spring popped out? 2009 Toyota LandCruiser,

Craig J
Craig J · VDJ GXL Single-Cab (2007-2024)

Hi, the gear changes in my 2018 79 series can be a bit clunky sometimes, like the syncro is not working properly but is perfect other times - depends on revs when changing gears.

Is this normal?

Shooter

Yes I think it’s normal. I have a 2013 dual cab same gearbox and have experienced the situation u describe. It’s a light truck gearbox not a sport car gearbox. The only times I hear a crunch r if I change too quickly or use too many revs.

thanks

Ibby H.
Ibby H. · VDJ WorkMate Single-Cab (2007-2024)

Hi guys I have a 2008 79 series single cab turbo v8. My car sometimes won't start it will crank not fire up or fire up then stall within seconds. If i disconnect the battery and re connect most the time does the trick but could sometimes take hours before it fires up and runs. Sometimes when I turn the car off and key is still in the ignition in the off position the 2 efi relays start clicking and sometimes the 2 glow plug relays aswell.. but will stop when I turn the key to on.. even the key out I've also noticed when I put my foot on the brake with the ignition in off the relays start ticking away aswell.. its really annoying I've swapped relays checked battery terminals checked fuses checked ignition switch checked immobiliser sprayed contact cleaner on everything and problem is still there please any help will be much appreciated

Ozybloke
Ozybloke

Hi ibby. I wish I could help but have no experience with this type of problem. My mates 09 79 series has been to 4 mechanics including 2 very reputable diesel mechanics, for a problem along similar ish" lines as yours but they cant diagnose. It can be so frustrating I understand! Especially when you/we have another mate whom has a old td42 gq that hasn't missed a beat' not one problem in 15 years that he brought for $1500 in bermagui, and we said he was mad to drove 6 hours to get it. He proved us wrong. grrr, goodluck with it mate.

Ben H.
Ben H.

Did you ever solve this? New injectors?

Frank177
Frank177 · LandCruiser 70 VDJ (2007-2024)

I have a 2007 vdj79r workman single cab turbo diesel it keeps snapping the knuckle joint bolts I have used the strongest lock tight and ugger duggs but they still keep coming loose and snapping does anyone know what I can do? and why they do this is it a common issue?

Peter
Peter · LandCruiser 70 VDJ (2007-2024)

I have a 2014 VDJ78 and I wish to scan the computer codes. I have an ELM327 scanner and use Car Scanner or Auto Doctor apps on my ipad but neither of these apps will find my ECU. Can anyone suggest why I have this problem?

towedhaulterry
towedhaulterry · LandCruiser 70 VDJ (2007-2024)

I have asked before but have not received an answer about poor brakes on 2015 79 series vdj79 . I find braking is far better when I am towing a 3 tonne van with electric brakes, than without the van. I think the ute would have trouble passing a transport test.

Mike
Mike · LandCruiser 70 VDJ (2007-2024)

have a landcruiser VDJ-76 and has becomr hard to start eccessive winding required changed fuel filters and no change

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives

Select a listing for your question
Toyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ (2007-2024)

Extra Information