See the Best People Movers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Chris D

Chris DIllawarra, NSW

Awesome car - 2008 Toyota Estima V6 Aeras 3.5L

Purchased in August 2019 at Best People Movers.

Noise Level

BadgeEstima
Date PurchasedJun 2018
F. Fuller

F. FullerMareeba

A disappointing cramped fuel guzzler

We upgraded from an older Toyota Hiace Super custom to the 2014 Tarago. we have 6 kids and I knew from the start it was too small but went against my gut and now regret it. 8 seats yes but don’t expect to fit a realistic family of 8 comfortably. 2 adults, 2 teenage boys and 4 younger kids and no one is happy.
Add the terrible fuel consumption of the 4 cylinder and it’s a big regret on my part.
For a smaller say 4 kid family zipping around the suburbs it probably do fine but a big family

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Trollman

TrollmanSydney, NSW

Great and durable car!

Driving experience is great! Very smooth and great if your looking for a family car. I suggest if your looking for a car with better interior designs but less durability, get the Nissan Elgrand. Reliability is great and is cheap for its price. Servicing is cheap since the parts are basically everywhere

Date PurchasedJul 2012

edwink

edwinkSydney

Family workhorse for over 20 yrs and still going strong

They say Toyotas last for ever and from my experience it has always been true. I also own an 90s corolla and both vehicles have out lasted the delivery trips from bunnings, road trips with the kids around Australia, up the snowys, etc. Performance is impeccable. Love the space in the vechiles. Love the rounded look on mine, i am confident it will keep going for another 20 yrs.

BadgeGetaway II
Date PurchasedJan 1998

Vickie R

Vickie RSydney

Perfect Family car

This is a great family car, drives very smoothly and noise is limited. The dashboard and interior are quite nice but now out-dated compared to other cars. There is a lot of leg room for the front two rows but a bit squishy at the back. It is not heavy on fuel which is + and is quite affordable to run it but we do have another car. It is a beautiful family car, with it seating so many people and looking so good.

Date PurchasedMay 2012

Emrah

EmrahBrisbane

I absolutely love it

last year I bought estima Aera g Edition. Very smooth Light interiror. ITs very elegant car. you feel like you are driving 2010 car. The engine is very storng and this model has a lot of features. Automatic doors. Moveble seats. Both windows at the back roll down. Its much better than tarago.

BadgeG edition

BadgeAeras Premium
Engine Size3.0ltr
Dan B

Dan BGold Coast

Great van for camping or families

Very smooth car. Also, very efficient with the gas. lots of interior space. the engine is definitely big enough for its size. You can take the seats out and have lots of room for moving furniture or even for camping. taking the middle seats off is not that easy though. overly, happy with the car.

BadgeGLS
Date PurchasedDec 2016

lin

lin

This is a good car. stable, quiet and easy to drive.

I have 3 pp mover. 1st is tarago, 2nd odyssey, 3rd elgrand. Tarago is a good choice.
I did drive tarago 10 yrs. seldom got problems. No main problem.
Stable, Elgrand>tarago> odyssey.
quiet, tarago>elgrand>odyssey.
cheapest running cost. tarago > elgrand 2.5 > odyssey.
Price cheapest. Odyssey> tarago> elgrand 2.5.
cabin space tarago 7 seat > elgrand 2.5> odyssey.

Date PurchasedJan 2005

fstee6

fstee6Miles

The best ever!!!

The seven seat Tarago Ultima is the most amazing car. The flexibility of the seating arrangement / storage area is fantastic. You can even comfortably sleep in it if need be. From the kids point of view the best aspect of the car is the leg rests that come up from the two seats in the middle row. It is an extremely powerful and smooth car to drive and guest (friends) that drive the car comment on how great it is. Very economical even though you can only use premium unleaded petrol in it. There is nothing that I could question with this vehicle. It is superb!!

BadgeUltima
Date PurchasedApr 2015

Fostering 6

Fostering 6MILTON

A true thoroughbred.

My most trusted and appreciated possession. Purchased with 230000k's on the clock, now has just under 400000. It just goes and goes and goes with minimal attention. I have had 100s of kids in this car and although its looking a bit tired and worn inside, the airconditioning still works beautifully, the seats are still comfy and the engine just purrs along. My teenage son has requested it be handed down to him if I replace it so it must have some street cred too! Honestly, the best purchase I ever made. Would buy another in a flash.

Date PurchasedOct 2006

Sarah61

Sarah61AU

A fantastic car!

I bought the 2005 3L estima for my growing family and business. This vehicle is comfortable, modern and the designers anticipated every need I could have thought of. When I got it I thought it would feel insecure to drive, it's so tall! But instead it is a solid, secure and well balanced power/manoeuvrability drive. The extra space inside allows easy travel from the front to the back seats, great for young families, and there's heaps of boot space.

SandyS

SandySMelbourne

Great for family day outings!

BadgeUltima
Date PurchasedJan 2017
Bashar

BasharFairfield West

No Lumbar support ,2 fake A/C outlets at back

Great to drive but not economic to run ,couple of my friends convert the van into LPG. I use the van as maxi Taxi my average spending is $55 .
When my friends converred into LPG the average went into $35. The coast to convert the van is around $4000.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Yvonne B

Yvonne B

I need infomation on this vehicle

This car has only done 75k which is very low for a car of this age and I would like to hear any problems if anyone has got one or owned one it has been very well looked after and in very good condition I am thinking of buying it but don't know about parts for an imported model

Badgeestima

Does the job!

Amazing hearty car

I have had my Tarago for 11 years. It has only given me trouble when l left on the interior light. When you have 3 kids at all different schools, you need a reliable car. I am ready to update my car, but it is just such a great car to give away. The only gripe I have is that it is not the most comfortable car which was a 2002 Gli. Otherwise the car has been through thick and thin

2014 Tarago Ultima V6

Confusedasked

Hi. any suggestions. 94 auto Tarago. when I turn on motor, taking foot off accelerator to put into drive it loses power completely. Had everything replaced in this money pit and just had 2nd alternaor replaced 4weeks ago after last one a year ago. (Done fuel injectors, o2 sensors, oxygen sensors, catalytic converters, battery. The list goes on. Help!!!

review123

I am by no means a mechanic but I had a similar problem with a Ford vehicle and the cause turned out to be a sensor in the manifold either not working or sending false information to the central computer. Effectively taking the foot of accelerator pedal caused the engine to return to idle and the faulty sensor information made the computer believe that the driver was intending to stop and the engine turn off completely. Needless to say this was a fairly dangerous thing to be happening while driving as the vehicle lost power assisted steering and was very hard to maneuver and probably caused drivers following on behind to think bad thoughts as my vehicle ground to an unexpected stall in traffic. Maybe this same design feature is relevant to the Tarago engine as well.

Confused

Thank you for response. will pass that on. I know what you mean about the danger. Been there :(

Richard P

Richard Pasked

Will the seats from a 1988 tarago fit in a 1997 tarago?

abdul

abdulasked

Hi I have my Tarago 97 bought in 2001 now is 255K. I like this car because its comfortable car. Two days ago it hit by truck trailer caused damage at corner rear right in tail light. accessor told me it isb lost damage/ write off. but I still love it. Is that possible to buy corner area from cars wrecker n put in my car after cutting the damage one. where I can buy it.

Get an answer from our members and Toyota representatives