3TP-Link AC1900 Archer VR900

Reliability
Wi-Fi Range

MaS
MaS

Ok product but sign can drop out at times

Product does the job well but sometimes it randomly drops out which can be frustrating. The TP Link hotline is helpful though in troubleshooting issues.
TP-Link
TP-Link   DM
Assel K.
Assel K.Sydney, NSW

Best option for a small family

The router was very easy to set up.
Could be connected to more than 8 devices at a single time without a drop of connection.
With the mobile app it’s very convenient to use as well.
Once in a while there’s a stop in the connection but a quick restart will fix it up.
After using it for more than two years I’m delighted to say that this router is very good for a non techsavy family Show details ·  1
CHRISTOPHERMetropolitan Adelaide, SA17 posts
Mr Brasko
Mr BraskoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Product!

After a month of reviewing and comparing Modem/Routers, we were more than content to follow through with the TP Link 1900 for our NBN Fttp Connection, even after knowing the product is hard to come by.
We purchased it through Harvey Norman and setting it up was very easy.
Coverage is excellent although we have an old extender in use for a large single storey house, with the furthest part of the house pushing around 90Mbps. No buffering, lag or drop outs like we had with the old Modem, and downloads are fast whilst having 6 devices in use. For $219 it’s a great product. Show details
Gav
GavMetropolitan Adelaide, SA31 posts

It’s great. No dropouts

I have been using this modem for 2 months now on the NBN. I have not had any issues with signal dropouts or any other issues with this modem. I have used it for smart and cable tv and mobile communications with great signal both inside and outside of the house.
Very easy to set up. Has 4 ports which is all I need for my requirements.
Received a very good price from Harvey Norman where I purchased it from as well. Show details
misslilgypsy
misslilgypsyPeel, WA3 posts

i am so stoked with this modem,

It's my very first bought modem and am very happy. The set up was ridiculously easy and the transfer rate is great. it beats in house modem providers. Thanks TP-Link Show details
B.T.Melb
B.T.MelbGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC10 posts

Excellent router - highly recommended

I purchased this router after reading the good reviews and it did not disappoint.

Setting it up for our ADSL connection was easy and we have had minimal drop outs (mostly caused by the ISP). Good thing is that it is also future proof for use with NBN.

The router covers our 2 storey townhouse pretty well, no black spots.

A little expensive but well worth thr investment. Would highly recommend this modem for someone in a situation similar to mine. Show details

NNair
NNairCountry NSW153 posts

Connect perfectly still after 4 years

Connects home with 5 people perfectly. I don't even know it's there. No drop outs for last 4 year, works great always on. Tested use of about 6 watts so not too bad for efficiency

More than one year still don't know it's there. Plus over covid home schooling and work no problem. Moved home to five bedroom. Show details ·  2

Phil
Phil

Ourco
OurcoNorth Sydney8 posts

Speed and wifi improvement

Bought this after researching good reviews, including on Product Review. Most the comments I read proven true.
In my experience, the wifi signal has the most improvement and I no longer need an extender. Connection speed got a bit faster by 2kpbs compare to my old Belong modem. Happy with the purchase all in all.
The unit does seem to run hot, especially the bottom part. There is no dropout so far and everything seem stable, no need for reboot. Show details
Functionality
Ease of Setup
Farid B
Farid BSydney, NSW27 posts

Best modem & router ever!

A great product from tp-link. Have had it for around a year and a half now, and it's a real performer. Great steady reliable connection and speeds. Easy to set up. Very light in weight for its performance. Aesthetically appealing. The 2.4GHz signal reaches areas of the apartment that my previous routers wouldn't reach.

Denis G
Denis GGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC16 posts
Shenanigans
ShenanigansSouth East Queensland, QLD77 posts

Stable and hassle free

Chose this device after returning a Netgear Nighthawk D7000 because USB sharing didn't work.

So far it has performed faultlessly on my NBN FTTN connection - no dropouts at all. File sharing and DLNA streaming works perfectly, and WiFi range is good - the D7000 was better, but the VR900 is still reasonable.

User interface is OK, but I've seen better, and setup was fairly easy on my Optus VDSL2 connection.

The 2.4Ghz band is only 450Mbps, not 600Mbps as stated on the box, which actually makes this an AC1750 device, not AC1900 as TP-Link claim.

Overall I would recommend this unit.

Chris
ChrisCalliope4 posts

Great all rounder

Had to buy this modem in a pinch when my previous died all of a sudden. With little time to research I took a gamble on this one. Features alone this modem excels with ADSL and NBN availability along with the ability to plug in mobile dongle for 3/4G wireless support. Setup was simple, speed is great and the wireless coverage is to the point that it's negating my wireless extender. Very capable device.

Brock
Brock7 posts

Brilliant Modem and great Price

This modem is perfect for both ADSL and NBN. I've tested on both thoroughly and it has been flawless in its operation.

The selling point with this modem is the WiFi range. It's over 15m and plenty enough for most standard houses. It's price is good as an <$400 modem, and whether you use it directly as a ADSL/VDSL modem or whether you use it as a WiFi Router, it's excellent.