TP-Link Archer AC1900 VR900

TP-Link Archer AC1900 VR900

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

B.T.Melb

B.T.MelbGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent router - highly recommended

I purchased this router after reading the good reviews and it did not disappoint.

Setting it up for our ADSL connection was easy and we have had minimal drop outs (mostly caused by the ISP). Good thing is that it is also future proof for use with NBN.

The router covers our 2 storey townhouse pretty well, no black spots.

A little expensive but well worth thr investment. Would highly recommend this modem for someone in a situation similar to mine.

Purchased in August 2019 at MSY Technology for $219.00.

Number of Connected Devices 5 devices
ISPMate ADSL
ModemTP-Link Archer AC1900 VR900

Assel K.

Assel K.Sydney, NSW

Perfectly working with NBN FTTP

I’m with Optus NBN FTTP. I was looking for a replacement for the Optus given router which doesn’t work via wired for my Xbox. After trying few other options (one being the Netgear Nighthawk D7000) (which didn’t work), I bought this.
If you are going to use it on FTTP I would recommend not going through quick setup. configure using WAN port.

Purchased in August 2019 at Officeworks for $248.00.

Number of Connected Devices 8 devices
ISPOptus Broadband NBN 50 (Speed Pack 3)

NNairCountry NSW

Connect perfectly

Connects home with 5 people perfectly. I don't even know it's there. No drop outs for last year, works great always on. Tested use of about 6 watts so not too bad for efficiency

Purchased in April 2018.

A good performer that's easy to setup.

Purchased in May 2019 at PLE Computers for $200.00.

Number of Connected Devices 4 devices
ISPiiNet ADSL

Ourco

OurcoNorth Sydney

Speed and wifi improvement

Bought this after researching good reviews, including on Product Review. Most the comments I read proven true.
In my experience, the wifi signal has the most improvement and I no longer need an extender. Connection speed got a bit faster by 2kpbs compare to my old Belong modem. Happy with the purchase all in all.
The unit does seem to run hot, especially the bottom part. There is no dropout so far and everything seem stable, no need for reboot.

Purchased in May 2019.

Farid B

Farid BSydney, NSW

Best modem & router ever!

A great product from tp-link. Have had it for around a year and a half now, and it's a real performer. Great steady reliable connection and speeds. Easy to set up. Very light in weight for its performance. Aesthetically appealing. The 2.4GHz signal reaches areas of the apartment that my previous routers wouldn't reach.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Denis G

Denis GMelbourne

Does the job well

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Shenanigans

ShenanigansBrisbane

Stable and hassle free.

Chose this device after returning a Netgear Nighthawk D7000 because USB sharing didn't work.

So far it has performed faultlessly on my NBN FTTN connection - no dropouts at all. File sharing and DLNA streaming works perfectly, and WiFi range is good - the D7000 was better, but the VR900 is still reasonable.

User interface is OK, but I've seen better, and setup was fairly easy on my Optus VDSL2 connection.

The 2.4Ghz band is only 450Mbps, not 600Mbps as stated on the box, which actually makes this an AC1750 device, not AC1900 as TP-Link claim.

Overall I would recommend this unit.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Chris

ChrisCalliope

Great all rounder

Had to buy this modem in a pinch when my previous died all of a sudden. With little time to research I took a gamble on this one. Features alone this modem excels with ADSL and NBN availability along with the ability to plug in mobile dongle for 3/4G wireless support. Setup was simple, speed is great and the wireless coverage is to the point that it's negating my wireless extender. Very capable device.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Brock

Brock

Brilliant Modem and great Price

This modem is perfect for both ADSL and NBN. I've tested on both thoroughly and it has been flawless in its operation.

The selling point with this modem is the WiFi range. It's over 15m and plenty enough for most standard houses. It's price is good as an <$400 modem, and whether you use it directly as a ADSL/VDSL modem or whether you use it as a WiFi Router, it's excellent.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Michael

MichaelHallam, VIC

Really good!!

Setup of the ARCHER VR900 was easy. Just logged into the router via the web browser, type in a new password, add your user name and password to your internet account and done! I'm on a ADSL 2+ package and first tried the VR900 by playing a 1080p you tube video on my laptop and desktop PC simultaneously, connected through wifi. Both Worked seamlessly. With my very OLD Tp-link N300 router, that was impossible. Now i'm getting the maximum out of my ADSL 2+ internet package. This Modem/router looks really good. Seems well built. It can be used as a modem, router or Both, which I am doing at the moment. So far everything has been great, but I will log back in again to update the good, the bad and the Ugly, If any!

Keith.R

Keith.Rasked

Does this Modem have a port forwarding feature

NNair

https://www.tp-link.com/au/support/faq/1585/ see if this helps. Its a great modem with heaps of features I dont use. I presume it will have EVERYTHING you need on it. The interface is easy to use. Yes just found it has a box for Wireless router mode only, shame it is faultless as a main connection.

Geoff Stanistreet

Geoff Stanistreetasked

Hi ...I’m told that a NBN modem router needs VLAN tagging. I have HFC available. I’m interested in the TP-Link Archer VR 900. Does this unit have VLAN tagging ? I understand the NBN install the modem so I’m interested in using the VR 900 as a router only. Many thanks

Newbie 2015

Newbie 2015asked

Can anyone advise the file sharing speed when connected to a usb3 non powered external hard drive ?

Get an answer from our members and TP-Link representatives

CategoryRouters and Modems
Frequency BandDual-Band (2.4GHz, 5.0GHz)
FeaturesBeamforming, Mobile App Control, Parental Controls and Quality of Service
Maximum Wireless Speed1,300 Mbps