3TP-Link AC1750 Archer C7

Wi-Fi Range
3.8

Aaaa
Aaaa

I don't have anything to compare it to but its been great for years

I have been using this router for years. I have no real tech experience and I've never really used another so I don't have much to compare it to but it has been serving me well. Also the TP link tech support staff are very patient with me. I am currently having some speed issues but I don't know know what the source of those is, could be my internet providers. Show details
Functionality
Ease of Setup
Reliability
Wi-Fi Range
Ricksta
RickstaSouthern and Hills, SA2 posts

Buyer Beware

Died after 6 months use. 5G was patchy so had to use 2.4G. Buggy software. Called Exetel after error 'Cannot connect to PPPoE server' all day, they couldn't see or connect to my router either, plugged in old Telsta modem and internet worked again. This hardware is cheaper and crapper than the modems issued by ISPs - that's shameful! Show details
Overall
Functionality
S Johnson
S JohnsonSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts

Good all round modem at a good price

I've never had any issues with this modem. Bought it rather than purchasing one from my IP, so that I can use this when converting to NBN. Always easy to connect to, and haven't had any issues that have been a result of this product. Easy to set up as well. Show details
EER33
EER33Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC6 posts

Perfect router for the price. Beats other more expensive units by far

I've had this router for a few months now. Bought it when I switched to the NBN on HFC.

Fairly large single storey house 5ghz coverage is top notch. 15 or so devices connected via a mix of wifi and ethernet at any one time. Speed test gets me 97mbs down 37 up every time no matter where I'm in the house. No drop outs never had to reset router.

Easy to setup , great looking hardware. Does everything and more than similar more expensive routers out there.

This one's a winner. Show details

Darren B
Darren BMelbourne19 posts

First one was faulty but replacement is 5 star

Purchased this router about 11 months ago and sat in the box for that time due to house delays. Set it up, updated firmware but 5ghz band wouldn’t connect or be visible. Rang tp-link, went through all the trouble shooting and was a faulty modem. Got a replacement a week later and it has been faultless. Easy to use, strong wifi and been reliable so far.

Zaid
ZaidAdelaide4 posts

Reliable and reasonably priced dual band router

Archer C7 is a great mid range router for every day use. It's available at several places so you can always pick one up from a brick and mortar store (for peace of mind reasons if you don't like purchasing online). The performance is great and being dual band is perfect if you have multiple Wi-Fi networks running or are running into interference issues with neighbouring Wi-Fi connections. For advances users, you can also run custom firmware like DD-WRT to greatly increase the feature set of this router.

Damian B
Damian BAU4 posts

Great budget router

Purchased to replace an ageing and failing Linksys WRT54g. Wireless routers and devices have come a long way in that time, so I was quite impressed with the improved performance on our home connection, the user interface, and number of features. Overall happy with the router for the price, and provides great coverage to our home.

toadnode
toadnodeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC15 posts

RoadKill
RoadKillMelbourne7 posts

A Great Router for the Price

A Great Router for the Price easy to use web interface with lots of options very good WiFi coverage for a 3 bedroom home i would recommend it to a friend to buy one but you can buy newer models now.

My only complaint is that when i went to update my firmware for the first time the web interface page link took me to the USA web site & downloaded & install the USA firmware by mistake lucky for me no harm done & router still works fine & TP Link have now fixed the problem were now the link takes you to the Australian site.

kwangy
kwangyPerth6 posts

Decent router

Decent router offering a stable connection. Can't say it is noticeably faster than my existing Billion modem router which is 5 years old. Would fit a single story small house or an apartment. Easy to set up and web interface is simple and easy to use. I would have maybe spent more on a C9.

wilkie323
wilkie323Brisbane5 posts

Great Router, Good Speeds

This router is very good for most homes. It provides good coverage for a whole moderately sized house. The 5Ghz ac is very fast allowing me to max out my nbn connection.