TP-Link Archer C7

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Perfect router for the price. Beats other more expensive units by far.

I've had this router for a few months now. Bought it when I switched to the NBN on HFC.

Fairly large single storey house 5ghz coverage is top notch. 15 or so devices connected via a mix of wifi and ethernet at any one time. Speed test gets me 97mbs down 37 up every time no matter where I'm in the house. No drop outs never had to reset router.

Easy to setup , great looking hardware. Does everything and more than similar more expensive routers out there.

This one's a winner.

Purchased in June 2019 at MSY Technology VIC, Pascoe Vale for $119.00.

Number of Connected Devices 15 devices
ISPAussie Broadband NBN 100 (Family)
ModemTP-Link Archer C7
Functionality
Ease of Setup
Wi-Fi Range
Reliability

First one was faulty but replacement is 5 star.

Purchased this router about 11 months ago and sat in the box for that time due to house delays. Set it up, updated firmware but 5ghz band wouldn’t connect or be visible. Rang tp-link, went through all the trouble shooting and was a faulty modem. Got a replacement a week later and it has been faultless. Easy to use, strong wifi and been reliable so far.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Excellent Router with a good price

Bought this router when I was having an issue with my NBN modem, it is a good alternative to mu Huawei modem unfortunately I will loose my VOIP feature if I direct replace the modem. If only i can make the modem work without loosing the VOIP 5 stars is my choice. Now using the Huawei modem as a bridge mode my internet connection has no major issue (except if NBN network is down). Almost 20 device are connected to this device concurrently and works smoothly.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Reliable and reasonably priced dual band router

Archer C7 is a great mid range router for every day use. It's available at several places so you can always pick one up from a brick and mortar store (for peace of mind reasons if you don't like purchasing online). The performance is great and being dual band is perfect if you have multiple Wi-Fi networks running or are running into interference issues with neighbouring Wi-Fi connections. For advances users, you can also run custom firmware like DD-WRT to greatly increase the feature set of this router.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Great budget router

Purchased to replace an ageing and failing Linksys WRT54g. Wireless routers and devices have come a long way in that time, so I was quite impressed with the improved performance on our home connection, the user interface, and number of features. Overall happy with the router for the price, and provides great coverage to our home.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Overall better than my outgoing TD-W8980 but probably my last TP-Link modem

Much faster and more stable than my previous TP Link device on NBN. I do however experience unexplained DNS unresolved issues on Wifi connections. I had contacted TP-Link support about it but their only advice was to try adding google's DNS servers (which I had already done) to remedy the situation. It was a stab in the dark solution which achieved nothing.

I run a surveillance/HTPC + IP cameras on the wired connection which doesn't seem to miss a beat. I port forward services without a hassle and have been happy with this aspect of things.

But the WiFi....oh it's horrible...
The wife and I have a phone and laptop each which rely (would like to anyway) on this modem for a connection. More often than not we end up switching off wifi on our mobiles and bearing the cost of data on our mobile plans, waiting for Wifi to work is just inconvenient. Page requests just sit there waiting and apps become unresponsive. Sometimes switching between the 5G and 2.4G networks seems to fix the problem but it's a total time waster.

I ended up running a secondary Wifi network on an old router in another part of the house to extend the range outside and find that network to be rock solid, although a little slower being only 802.11g.

Can't say I've had a great run with TP-Link but I guess you get what you pay for. I'll outlay some more dough on my next modem and hopefully have a better experience to write about then!

Date PurchasedMay 2014

A Great Router for the Price

A Great Router for the Price easy to use web interface with lots of options very good WiFi coverage for a 3 bedroom home i would recommend it to a friend to buy one but you can buy newer models now.

My only complaint is that when i went to update my firmware for the first time the web interface page link took me to the USA web site & downloaded & install the USA firmware by mistake lucky for me no harm done & router still works fine & TP Link have now fixed the problem were now the link takes you to the Australian site.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Decent router.

Decent router offering a stable connection. Can't say it is noticeably faster than my existing Billion modem router which is 5 years old. Would fit a single story small house or an apartment. Easy to set up and web interface is simple and easy to use. I would have maybe spent more on a C9.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Great Router, Good Speeds

This router is very good for most homes. It provides good coverage for a whole moderately sized house. The 5Ghz ac is very fast allowing me to max out my nbn connection.