3TP-Link N300 TL-WR841N

Wi-Fi Range

KCA
KCA

Amazing Support Team

Cassiel was the most amazing helper she stayed calm, informative and patient with me as I learnt how to configure my router. She taught me a lot today and I appreciate her patience. Show reply
never_again12
never_again12Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC14 posts

Reliable router

This was really cheap but has good range and good signal strength. I used it with NBN . Extremely easy set up. Was automatic. Would highly recommend this router for the price. Show details
GG123
GG123Northern Region, NSW9 posts

Easy to use and works well

This router is a nice, modern design that will suit any home. The router box is white and has two black antennas which are very sterdy. The WiFi connection throughout our home is strong enough for my laptop and our mobile phones to work off. We don't get any drop outs. Setting up the router is very easy and simple to use. It was a cheap purchase, and works surprisingly well. Show details
Reasons
ReasonsAdelaide23 posts

James
JamesAdelaide13 posts

Simple, cheap and surprisingly good

Very cheap and does the job better than I ever expected. It's very limited so I only recommend it for basic use. If network transfers, wireless backups, large quantity of devices, speed or range are important I'd recommend something more powerful, but this is a great starting point especially if it's just one/two people in a small house/apartment.

Ozyscott
OzyscottSouth East Queensland, QLD8 posts

Good modem

Good little no nonsense modem/router, great for streaming and reliable which makes this little device perfect for my home, would recommend this modem to friends

I was forced to buy a router due to my internet service provider locking down the modem setting and this was a cheap alternate device

Stevo
Stevomelbourne57 posts

Very effective entry level router

This router was supplied as part of my Internet package. Had my doubts about the quality of a free/included router and was prepared to trash it if needed. Was pleasantly surprised with its performance and ease of use. The wifi signal is better than the Dlink item it replaced, it has been totally stable and has not needed rebooting beyond my routine. Its easy to configure via a simple and reasonably well documented user interface.

Dale
Dale

Horrible

I bought one from a Smithville Phoe store after being told by Technician it was Bad. Got a new one Supposedly had 2 year warranty. Had the most horrible customer service experience ever!!! 2 hours on phone with TP Technician who would not correct or refund after buying 2 that didn't work. Internet working now with a Linksys model. Don't buy this warranty non existent!!!

Calamondin
CalamondinSydney4 posts

Cheap and cheery

It does its job and only cost $30. It has good QOS which is required if TV streaming and or especially if VOIP is to be used. Also chose this particular router because it is compatible with some third party custom firmware, eg OpenWrt based firmware. Though I decided to stick with the manufacturer's own firmware after trying out the others. A physical on/off button for Wi-Fi is another nice feature.

Ahmed
AhmedMelbourne9 posts

good product with reasonable coverage

Bought it two and a half years ago for $50 from a private internet company. Works perfectly fine. I have had 4-5 different suppliers since buying it and it has not created any problems anytime. Recently upgraded to NBN and its compatible with that so I am very happy with it. WIFI coverage is good as well

Manmeet G.
Manmeet G.NSW, 207710 posts

Perfect as a wifi repeater

Although I do not use it as a gateway, it has a mode which allows it to serve as a router/switch with 3 functional ethernet (rj45) ports while also doubling as a wifi repeater for that network. It works really well at this & is excellently priced at this as most repeaters don't serve as a switch while costing around the same or more. The device supports openwrt and ddwrt if you are down for some tinkering, but this mode does not work with those so I reverted back to the stock firmware.

Corey
CoreyAdelaide5 posts

Easy to use and reliable

This product was provided free of charge when I connect to a new wireless air internet service provider. Although initially skeptical, it turned out to be well used and was capable of streaming video (e.g. Netflix) without any problems. Maybe not as ideal for gaming purposes, however, for general use, this is a reliable router.

Andrew S.
Andrew S.

Re TP-Link TL-WR841N - are the antennas for inward or outward signal, or one of each, or are there internal anttennas? I want to attach an external directional wifi antenna to amplify the wireless input signal and need to know which antenna connection to use.

Features:

• The TP-Link N300 TL-WR841N Router delivers 300Mbps of wireless speed.
  • You can create a Guest Network with the unit to provide separate access to guests while keeping the home network secure.
  • The system is compatible with IPv6, Internet Protocol version 6.
  • Bandwidth control lets you assign your most-used devices with more bandwidth.
  • It has parental controls that let you control who and when can access the Wi-Fi.
CategoryRouters and Wi-Fi Extenders
Price (RRP) $35
Frequency BandSingle-Band (2.4GHz)
FeaturesExternal Antennas, Mobile App Control, Parental Controls and Quality of Service
Maximum Wireless Speed300 Mbps