Triumph Street Triple 660

Was great until it broke

UPDATE:- Thought I should update again as the new clutch that I have had fitted has now done 8000km without a single issue. This doesn't prove that the last one was faulty or not but gives a good indication that there was a problem. Triumph (aka Peter Stevens) and there warranty were of no use or help to me whatsoever. However the dealer TeamMoto came up trumps for me and didn't charge me for any of the parts, just their labour.

UPDATE:- Since the bike was serviced at 1000km I have had clutch problems and the clutch is now broken. Triumph Australia are refusing to honour their warranty based on it being a wearing part. After 3000km I don't think so. Either the clutch was mechanically faulty to start with or their dealer has used the wrong oil. Either way, they refuse to honour the warranty and because of this I will never ever buy another triumph nor recommend one to anyone else.

I bought this bike about 3 months ago and thought I would give it a little bit of time before writing an honest review. I wanted something a bit bigger than the average bike as I already had a UK license that NSW RMS wouldn't convert to Aussie. It is by far and away the fastest most comfortable LAMS bike I have been on. It probably shouldn't be a lams bike and I honestly think if you're new to riding, young and inexperienced that you stay away from it or you will kill yourself. For the more mature, older larger more experienced learner such as myself it is amazing.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Simply amazing

After a year of riding my 660 on a daily basis I only have great things to say about it.
Handles brilliantly, power to burn and OMG - the torque for a LAMS bike is absolutely incredible.
If there was a better bike out there in this class I would have bought it.

Triumph Street Triple 660

On April 2015, I decided to get into motorcycles again after 8 years.
Done a lot of researched and everybody was saying to get a Japanese bike and so I did!
I purchased a brand new Kawasaki Ninja 650 (Parallel twin) $10K , it looks good but rides a little bit rough and not enjoyable at times and it doesn’t sound like a big bike..no satisfaction  , I guess I didn’t done my research properly.

Then on September 2015, I started looking around for another bike…AND I found this beautiful bike!
THE TRIUMPH STREET TRIPLE 660! , it was so awesome when I first test ride it…the sound, feeling and satisfaction was all there! It sure is a KEEPER! So, I bought a brand new one a few weeks ago and I’m loving it!!! Best decision I’ve ever made. No need to get my R license anymore… this bike is more than enough and it’s a Triumph!

So lesson learnt that don’t rely on someone else’s review to make your decision not all Japanese bike are good…maybe 10 years ago when they were actually made in their home country of origin, Almost 95% of Ninja 650 owners modify their bike to…sound better like a big bike, look better etc. With my new Triumph no need for that! My personal TIP, test ride the bike and listen carefully with the sound and feel.

AND…

Based on the TOP 10 most reliable motorcycle in Australia;
2. Kawasaki

Well, the first 2 weeks of owning my Ninja … the fuel tank has to be replaced because it started to RUST … I don’t even ride on the rain!

I’m very happy with my Triumph – Not built for mass production, but built for quality & satisfaction.

A lams bike you can keep!

I went into City Triumph to test ride the new Street Triple 660 for a mate who is getting his license. What a great bike, I've ridden all types of bikes over the years, the inclusion of 660cc motorcycles to LAMS has been great. Most of the LAMS bikes out there, are good, but I can see you outgrowing them pretty quickly and wanting more... more power, better suspension etc. I can see people buying the Street Triple 660 and never upgrading,

I know in Melbourne, we are about to go to a 3 year probationary period, so a good solid bigger type bike is worth considering, I know its at the top end in the dollars, but I think you have to look at it as a long term purchase. I currently ride a 1000cc adventure bike, and I was really surprised at the performance, I could comfortably own this Triumph and really enjoy riding it.
Build Quality, ABS braking, nice and light / nimble