Trov

Trov

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Terrible just awful

Required receipt and bank statement showing proof of purchase, I bought it used so I didn't have either but I physically have the device and have evidence it wasn't broken when I bought the insurance.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimVandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim ApprovedNo
Claim DateMarch 2018

San S

San SPerth, WA

Please do not insure with these people. Avoid it at any cost.

worst company ever. I made a claim for a mobile. they asked me my friend's details, where I was, what I was eating, how much I spent,
when did I come to Australia. a lot of crap which is not even related to claim. The lady on the phone was so so rude. they are trying to decline the claim by asking a question. I will never ever go with them. it took me over a month to get results. She asked me to get the other phone number details that I am using and she told me to send the picture of my belongings. unbelievable.

Coverage TypeContents Only
Claim ApprovedNo
Claim DateNovember 2018
J I

J IMelbourne

Going to them means a big mistake.

Getting trov means you've done biggest mistake. They will ask so many questions, that got no link to the claim. In short they will make any excuse to say you are lying and to reject your claim.

Scan company

I been with scam aap (tro) with since Sep 2018 and after submit claim. She told me you can call me and we fix your claim but she never come to phone, even if i called morning or evening. Then she lied to me that she called me and horrible thing was she never left voicemail. What a dumb girl she is.. just want to aware to people don't go with this crap aap.. it's scam by few people.

Gene

Gene

Terrible customer service - stay away

Perfect service fast claims

Trov was fantastic,
Clear on what was required, which is easy to complete. Claimed paid out within a week. I think this company is great and have recommended to others.

Chris Schmid

Chris Schmid

Warning. No way to claim phones that are bought outright

Trov insists that they won't process my claim until O have my IMEI blocked by my provider, Optus. Optus, however insists that they can't block my IMEI since I haven't bought the phone from them. (bought outright from Harvey Norman). Trov refuses to pay out the insurance due to that

Insurance claim madeYes

Worst experience ever not recommend it to my worst enemy

I made a claim for a mobile phone that i lost they required documents that made no sense like proof of purchase of and mobile bill of my other phone that was not insured with trov. Also they want my roster where i was working and my friends details who was with me and even after providing these details about a month ago nothing done yet they want me to provide them a sim swap letter from the mobile company that i have received a new replacement sim card which they are saying they cannot issue.

Luke

Lukekedron

No fuss paid out as valued will use again

Product reviews are normally riddled with bad reviews and rarely show the good, so i thought i would post up how my claim went, i buy my mobiles outright so insuring after the fact is a good move, insured my galaxy s8+ through trov for agreed value of 1300ish with a 200ish excess, dropped phone a few months into coverage, sent photos and made claim,they requested a repair quote which i got (these screens are insanely priced to repair) and they paid me out the next day. No fuss, did as expected and there were a few steps i had to tale but never felt like they were dodging the payout. Will use again with replacement phone!

Stay away

Don't use this company. Don't use this company unless you want your identity stolen. Every month they will send you an email with your full name address and date of birth in plain text. This email can be read by anyone who manages every server this email passes through allowing them to steal your identity. They will send it EVERY month. When I questioned them about it they didn't care one bit. Email is the least secure form of communicating on the internet and for an insurance company to do this is absolutely disgusting. What's worse is their attitude towards it. STAY AWAY.

Insurance claim madeNo