Uniden ELITE 9135

Uniden ELITE 9135

9135 + 1, 9135 + 2 and 9135 + 3

See the Best Home Phones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Emma

EmmaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Really happy with these phones

I picked these phones up secondhand and couldn't be happier. I can see others aren't happy with them but maybe they received faulty units as mine work really well. No interference or noise during a call, sound volume and quality of call on voip is excellent and the bluetooth function works great. Someone said that adding numbers to the phonebook was hard but I didn't find that at all. Just read the manual and follow the directions.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

jase1987

jase1987AU

It's A Phone And It Works...

Having read all these bad review, i would like to say ive had mine since 2012 and have only had battery fail once, everything else is fine and still working. the phone book system is a little stupid but it still works. the call volume could be louder and more clear ( sometimes can't hear person on there other end. ) but that aside it still makes a call and receives calls.

Date PurchasedNov 2012

Horrible. Do not buy - Don't even consider

I usually never write reviews, but today I make an exception. Even with the manual I can't manage to add a new phone number to the phone book. I initially set up the phone book many months ago. Now I can't figure out how to add a new number. Phone book is really awful to use, extremely tedious, cumbersome and slow to navigate. This phone proves the saying beauty is only skin deep. Avoid.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
wannabeepro

wannabeeproSydney, NSW

Absolute garbage of a phone

Maitland

Maitland

Wrong purchase.

Apart from the quite stylish design, the rest is so bad. The sound quality, background noise makes a lot of frustration and we, despite paying $260 are looking for a new phone. All in all this is terrible phone and I'm sorry I didn't read reviews for this model. It has many facilities but considering the overall quality it is useless. We regret disposing out 15 year old Panasonic phone set which was far better.

NeoSamuraiEltham, Victoria

Sound quality is total rubbish!

We just bought this the latest Uniden Elite 9135 (+2) rom JB HiFi to replace our brilliant 17yr old Panasonic cordless phone - which had finally given up after years of trustworthy service and several replacement batteries. To put it bluntly this $200 Uniden is just crap! The sound quality and reception (incoming AND outgoing calls) compared to our great 17yr old Panasonic is quite distorted and echoey. I called my daughter (at home) from my mobile phone (was at the shops) and when she answered I could barely recognise her voice and barely understand what she was saying. How - after 17yrs can the technology and quality go so far backwards? Don't buy this phone!

Emma

EmmaPerth

Echo echo echo.....

Wish we had read reviews

The worst phone ever not happy at all what could be wrong is. Just stay away from this phone. We have always had Uniden but never again. Our friends say they can not hear us very clear & it echo's. The best thing is the look. Thinking of taking it back. :(
The look
The sound is terrible, on speaker you can not hear what people are saying

Marg Nelson

Marg NelsonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Extremely disappointing

Just looking at this system, it looked great. Initiat set was a little different from our last phone (Panasonic), but worked through that. Connected my mobile and uploaded phone numbers, saved them on the home phonebook then edited them and deleted what wasn't needed. However, whilst this is all good, the ring sounds are tinny, the phone reception was shocking and our callers complained. So switched back to our old phone and all good. Same phone connection cable, so the issue is the phone, not the connecting cable.
east to read
the bad reception, and the tinny sound

John M2

John M2Victoria, Australia

Disappointing performance

I bought this phone because it was the best looking of all the phones on display. The performance is less than satisfactory. Callers complain about the poor voice quality and the echo. The speaker is just hopeless and distorts badly even at lower volumes. I have just packed it up and am taking it back to change over for a Panasonic. My previous phone was a Uniden Elite and I have had problews with it too.
Great looks

Ken Terrell

Ken TerrellAdelaide

This is the worst cordless phone I have ever had.

I have trouble with 95% of people I talk to on this phone telling me it's breaking up or crackling or similar .
I unplug this phone and use a normal house phone and everything is perfect..
I have tried everything but cannot make it work correctly and I am about to throw it out and try something else...The major problem I have is that I no longer have the receipt.
The looks

Points to consider

1. You mobile phone can not make calls through your land line.
2. With caller ID active from your provider, you need to populate the 'Home' address book if you wish to have callers named. Mobile calls are named when address book shared via BT.
3. Does not wall mount.
4. BT pairing (3 metres recommended - in manual) otherwise drop outs can occur.
5. 16 minutes answering machine memory possibly not suitable for business purposes.
6. Needs to be charged for a day before use.
Awesome unit for domestic use at its RRP
Manufacturer offers differing functions across range, no domestic product has all functions available in one unit

tonyeliza01

tonyeliza01Sydney, NSW

Returned product for a refund.

Clara3
Clara3

I agree with your review and found uniden customer service to deny any fault and offering me to go to a service centre to have them tested at my expense. I will never buy this brand again it was a complete waste of money

Mr-Muscle

Mr-MuscleAU

Great phone - especially bluetooth functionality

I Bought this phone about 3 months ago and followed instruction manual, sync'd 3 x mobile phones to the base station and it works brilliantly. You can answer or make phone calls directed to a mobile phone with the handset and download the phonebook of a mobile to the handsets. I read the reviews of the previous model and almost avoided this phone due to the reports of echoing and poor reception, but this phone is great even from the boundary of my home on a 750sqm block. My home is single storey so i can't say how it would perform in a multi storey home, however i have used it within the roof a couple of times without interference of issue. Great product
great reception, bluetooth, clear audio
nothing to mention after 3 months of use

RevPete
RevPete

Do you know if you can you use a bluetooth earpiece with it???

craigs902
craigs902

No. There is no way of using a bluetooth headset with this phone.

Texpert
Texpert

Uniden sell a earpiece that joins the phones on the DECT network. It's not bluetooth but works in the same way.

Greg M.

Greg M.asked

please tell me how to pair Uniden Elite 9135 + 1 with telstra nbn modem (white),

Hi Greg,

We don't have any phones that can connect wirelessly to the modem.

All our models are required to set up by connecting the telephone line to the base phone straight to the RJ11 port in the modem.

Greg M.

Greg M.asked

Regards
Greg

Hi Greg,

We don't have any phones that can connect wirelessly to the modem.

Gordonasked

Can't use the phone. Seems that phone can't connect with the base. Tells me it is searching. Have unplugged the base but still no luck. Help

Hi Gordon,

It seems like the handset might need to be re registered back to the base.

Can you please refer to the following steps with the handset?
Press & Hold the END and # together for 10 seconds
“System Reset” will appear, scroll down to "Base Unavailable"
Press Menu,
Scroll up to "Yes"
Press Menu
Place the handset into the main base to register ( the main base being where the telephone line is connected to)

You can repeat these steps with any remaining handsets.

Gordon

Thanks -didn't fix the problem. I rang your Customer Service Dept -they tried to help me to fix but ended up referring me to another company. That company indicated that they didn't do this type of work and that they had told UNIDEN this. I again rang Customer Service Department who again instructed me with a fix but didn't work. The Representative finally indicated that the base unit was probably faulty and that I may have to buy a new one. We think we may try a Panasonic

Get an answer from our members and Uniden representatives

Uniden ELITE 9135 + 1