Uniden SS E45+1

Uniden SS E45+1

See the Best Home Phones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

! its AWESOME. !!!

found it in a charity shop here in NZ for $6.00 idiots had it priced way to low lol its in EXCELLENT condition (with book) im so happy its an awesome ph. nice and loud. wrong plug on end that fits in to modem..but just swapped out cord from our old dumb ph. now it works a treat.

Purchased in July 2019 at Charity shop. for $6.00.

Product Quality Queen

Product Quality QueenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Home Phone for Special Needs

Sonya B.asked

Getting echo on answering machine when it answers calls

Sorry haven’t dealt with this. I would contact uniden

Uniden A.Uniden

Can you try resetting the phone and see if this rectifies the problem?

Also with resetting the phone, you will lose phone book contacts and voicemail messages and greetings on the phone. Please find the reset procedure below.

On the Main Base

Disconnect the power cord main base
Press & Hold the FIND key
Whilst holding, reconnect the power cord
A beep will be heard, let go of the FIND key
Disconnect and reconnect the power cord.

On the Handset (Repeat this step with each handset)
Press & Hold the END + # together for 10 seconds
“System Reset” will appear, scroll to base unavailable
Press Menu, Scroll up to YES and press Menu
Place the handset into the main base to register ( the main base being where the telephone line is connected)

Sonya B.

Thank you for the advice, however I called the help line and they fixed the problem. I didn’t, realise that when I tested the answering service using my mobile phone it was causing the interference with the echoing very simple problem fixed, my Father-in-law is very happy with it.

m.e.asked

Years ago when I had ADSL internet I decided to upgrade to a newer phone from my old one handset cordless Uniden (900Mhz). I tried 3 different brands (higher Mhz) and all of them had such awful static that it was not pleasant or easy to use them. One of the senior salesladies told me that 900Mhz works best in some old houses with old wiring, so I went back to my old Uniden. About 5 years ago I picked up a two handset cordless Uniden (900Mhz) in an Op Shop. I bought new batteries for both handsets and bingo! - the same clear reception as my old one. I was super happy!
Now I get my internet through a dongle, so the phone line isn't sharing with any other device. Theoretically, it shouldn't matter what Mhz I use now, should it? Or does the house wiring still have the capacity to interfere with the phone reception?
Lately both handsets have been cutting out so I've ordered new batteries again (this would be the third lot) but I was looking at your website and saw the SSE45+1 and noticed it had a lot of features that would benefit me.
I could only find one review for it on Product Review and wondered whether it would be a safe investment. We sometimes lose our phone line if it's been raining heavily and I was wondering about battery back-up. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated?
Thanks for your time,
sincerely,
Emmie

Hi Emmie,

Initially 900Mhz cordless phones are introduced to the market but due to bandwidth constraints. (Many other products are using the same frequencies.)
1.9Mhz and 2.4Mhz were then introduced.

The only major difference between lower frequencies and higher frequencies bands are the operating distance.
Lower frequency have longer range. Signal clarity are generally the same.
Also 900 Mhz phones are less secure and are prone to eavesdropping from a phone scanner (Unless it is the DSS type)

Clarity of the phone signal generally depend on the phone service operator's input signal and the medium of transfer either via phone line or modem.
This is where most static occurs.

If you are not on ADSL but using the old copper phone line, we don't foresee any static other then maybe from the old wires.
If using ADSL, please use ADSL filters.

As for battery backup during power blackout, the Handset battery could power the base for a period of time dependant on the remaining battery life at the time of the blackout.

We also have available an optional BP100 that would work as a backup power supply.

Should you have any further inquiries please email Uniden support at custservice@uniden.com.au

m.e.

Thank you so much for this information :)

Uniden A.Uniden

No worries at all, Emmie :)

Barb

Barbasked

Our new phone XDECT SSE45 can’t connect to any number. The number rings but you can’t hear any ringing and the called number won’t ring. Any ideas? Plus it has a ECO showing on the screen - help please!

Get an answer from our members and Uniden representatives

CategoryHome Phones