1.9

13%13%75%

Sean W
Sean WSydney, NSW30 posts

NoT up to Old Uniden's standards

Bought two of these radios to work onsite.

Both batteries would not hold full charge.

One belt clip broke.

One volume knob fell off.

Both tx/Rx remotes failed, with speaker fail.

Good
TX distance is great, works well in buildings that mobiles don't.

Solid compact design. Show details

Chris
ChrisSydney, NSW2 posts

Rubbish

I can’t beleive that uniden let this go to market. Consumer watch dog should look into it. My mates have cheaper handsets from Kmart and is way better than the rubbish I paid big bucks for. All the clips are Brocken. The reception and transmission is terrible. Thanks for nothing

nedkelly
nedkellyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC16 posts

UH076SX Garbage

absolute garbage, stuck on busy which apparently happens to most of them after three or four years. Uniden denies responsibility. How can you do that when over 90% of this model fail? disgraceful absolutely disgraceful. Uniden get your act together and recognise that where there is a problem fix it.

Two way Ted
Two way TedPerth, WA3 posts

Bucket of rubbish

Used 4 times - stuck on busy. Apparently common problem with Uniden

Tried a few hacks. Tried memory button with scan button held down, turned on. Nothing. Not impressed with quality. Will continue but it appears 4 time use is common with Uniden.

Certainly wont be buying this product again.

Giddy Up
Giddy Up

Battery disapoints

Nice radio, but battery doesn't last. First battery packed up after 1 year and bought new battery, which did not last long either. New battery was very expensive. Always keeps battery fully charged after use, but still not lasts. Try different product or buy cheapy with disposable batteries. Money wasted.

brian3,656 posts

reasonable uhf cb radio

I bought one from dick smith and few years ago although a great compact radio it takes about 15 hours to charge though it's great to access the local uhf cb repeater channels

brian

It's not really good quality though it does its job

altinis
altinisMELBOURNE
  UH076SX

Lasts only three years then need to be replaced

Worked well for the first few years. Only used four times then just out of warranty it broke. Busy signal on every channel. Sent back to Uniden. There happy to fix for a fee. The impose a fee for even looking at it. Cheaper to buy a new one and get three years of use then buy another. I have a GME unit too, that failed just out of warranty. Guess what, GME fixed it no charge with a smile. Not Uniden.
It worked for three years (only used 4 times)
Cant use it anymore
GanG

Surprising my own experience was the exact opposite, GME happily charged me to fix a radio that didnt last 18 months, yet Uniden bent over backwards to fix my 076 for me.

GanGWangaratta12 posts
  UH076SX

Good handheld

I use mine for hunting in the Vic alps, it gets used weekly at least, and in an environment where I need to be able to rely on it. Its been my go to radio for 2 years now without problem. the only issue was a failed battery at 14 months, Uniden replaced without question.
Robust, waterproof and priced well
Heavy and the speaker mic that came with it was junk.

Brad S
Brad S · UH076SX

One unit is stuck on busy - an inherent problem with these units I have read.
I believe a part needs to be replaced to fix the unit.
The unit is no longer under warranty.
Thank you.

Uniden   DM

Hi, Please send through an email to our customer service team on custservice@uniden.com.au who will be able to assist you further.

kevin welch · UH076SX

How to unlock the 80 channels, not working for me

Uniden   DM

Unfortunately your model is not upgradeable to the 80 Narrow Band Channels. The upgrade is only available for the models that have been released that have the ‘NB’ displayed as part of the model number.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

kevin welch

Thanks for that, I thought as much, the person I brought it off on eBay mislead me

ianclark
ianclark · UH076SX-NB (1 Handset)

i have a uniden uh076sx-nb and my squelch wont work any help please

brian

I can't remember much about my radio as I didn't have it for too long though I'd recommend calling uniden Australia hotline and asking the staff there - alternatively you can consult your manual

Compare all Uniden UH076SX listings