See the Best UHF Radios in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

James

James

Packed with features but audio quality lets it down

We have owned these units now for over two years. The units are packed with features and we found the digital and tome squelch function invaluable for locking out third party traffic. Our biggest gripe is that audio quality on the units if poor and absolutely shocking on the handheld microphones. Audio quality is our no1 requirement and would not buy this product again based on this issue. Apart from this it is good unit although an external antenna connection would be useful to improve range.

uniden promises a lot on this unit

Totally useless and a complete waste of money
This unit has extremely poor reception and if there is reception of some kind its only crackle and static noise
also the extras such as external speaker microphone and the hands free head set are totally useless
I never buy a uniden product again and the product info is just disgraceful
After purchasing this unit and tried it for 2 month there is nothing to like about this uniden product
I fell for the numerous capabilities advertised about this product by uniden and none of the various functions and hardware accessories actually perform as advertised

Erik NLogan

Great radio with some issues

Great radio, cheap, easy to use, comes out of the box with everything you could want. Buttons and features are easy to navigate around and keypad can be locked to avoid pressing any buttons inadvertently when you don't need to. Great for line of sight communications from car to car or in a shopping centre on 2W maximum power.
cheap, easy to use, reliable
Speaker mics don't have as good audio as the built in mic, connector is 2.5mm TRS type that can be pulled out too easily or broken/damaged. Earpiece throat mic is not sensitive enough.

Erik N

Time to update this review - unit now is faulty - sent in for repair. It thinks the batteries are flat when transmitting 2W for more than 2-3 sec.

Zennen

ZennenAdelaide

Great little unit

telilaGOULBURN

hopless reception

i just purchased the UH720sx-2NB and although it says that it is good for 10km's, I am lucky if i can get 1km from it and thats wit the highest watt setting.This is on flat country and not over any buildings. Although I know its on the highest battery use setting, it goes flat pretty quick. Would not recommend.

The range wont go further than if lucky 1km

ITr us
ITr us
Peter.H.
Peter.H.

Some areas have magnetic interference which limits transmission.

tosh78

tosh78asked

Can it be used in car?

telila

Yes i use it when we are travelling horses in the float and someone may have to be in there to or just when we are away to locate each other, a long as you are close around. I had to send back my first set as they were faulty, I only used them about a dozen times and they packed it in, the reception is pretty lousy, we have driven through major towns and cant even pick up anyone not even a lot in sydney, I wouldnt buy them again, I wish I could of got my moey back.

Get an answer from our members and Uniden representatives

Uniden UH720SX-NB (1 Handset)

Uniden UH720SX-NB (1 Handset)

Uniden UH720SX-2NB-TP (2 Handset Tradies' Pack)

Uniden UH720SX-2NB-TP (2 Handset Tradies' Pack)

1 review