Uniden XDECT 8315

Uniden XDECT 8315

8315 and 8315 + 1

See the Best Home Phones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Brilliant phone

Purchased this phone recently from Harvey Norman. Phone works very well and was easy to set up. We linked an iPhone 7 and a Samsung Galaxy s8+ without any problems and they both answer and receive calls seemlessly (very nice to have more than just a single point a home for answering mobile calls).

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Great product with great additional features!! A++

This works really good & can connect up to 4 smartphones, however the audio volume isn’t as loud as my iPhone 7, which is why I’m NOT giving it 5 Stars, but for home this is highly acceptable & can’t really complain. Uniden always make good quality home phones & cordless phones.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Terrible sound!

I bought this phone for my elderly mum who is hard of hearing based on reviews online and Choice. It rated highly with regard to sound quality and clarity which is what I was after, however the sound is terrible. My mum asked if she could just have her old telstra phone back so I now have this phone and I can see why she didn't want it. The sound is tinny and not very clear. My mum cannot understand what I am saying if I ring her on this phone so I don't use it if possible. Very disappointed with this phone.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

One of the better cordless phones

Working out which cordless to buy has been a hassle. Checking reviews are met with all sorts from - no idea, expect too much & those which look like they a written by the products marketing dept. I researched this phone & the proof is in having bought & used it.
Admittedly, I have only owned Uniden (as couldn't find Panasonic with the great enough review - not that I won't continue to try in future)
1. DSS2415 - was fantastic, but now bulky (used AA batteries - in hindsight, they don't have the longevity or capacity for the long run - false economy)
2. Dect1615 - cheapo & despite the positive reviews, never buy unless you can't afford another $40-60. You get what you pay for & the extra few dollars appear to be light years difference in handset.
3. This phone XDECT8315 - has been very good. We live one acreage & it reached for up to 100m outside. It was for my elderly mother.
a) The download of numbers from your mobile is handy - though, it requires an extra step each time you want to search those numbers as they are stored in a separate folder to the local handset numbers.
b) Voice is much clearer (happy with clarity) & strong. Haven't tried to pair through with the mobile - may be too much for my mother to deal with.
c) Middle button is tricky - you need to use the very end of your finger (expects you to be a little too nimble - not for all)
d) Navigation is very one dimensional (red button doesn't get you immediately back to home screen - press twice & navigating to select a phone numbers takes 4 steps) - simple but a little inefficient.
This is what you get with cordless phones - so don't expect too much.
For the price (remember it is only $70-80), overall, would still recommend

Date PurchasedJun 2017

HOW DO YOU TURN THE RINGER BACK ON.
Thank you for your review. Can you please try the following? To adjust the Ringer Volume; Press the Up arrow 3 to 4 times quickly on the handset The line will then come off from the Bell Icon You can also press the up arrow or plus sign on the base 3 to 4 times.That is not the problem The problem is there is a bell icon on one of the handsets and it has a dash through it so the ringer is turned off. How do I turn it back on?Hi Wally, When you press the up arrow on the handset 3 to 4 times quickly, the ringer will turn on.

How long can you expect to have the phone on its battery before having to charge it?
Thank you for your review. The standby time is up to 10 days.

I have Uniden XDECT8315+1 and bought it some years ago, it has the base phone and one other phone. Can I still buy 2 more phones to link up with it and what are the model numbers
Thank you for your review. You can place an order for the additional handsets on the following link; https://uniden.com.au/product/xdect-8305-2/ You can have up to 12 handsets in total registered to the main base.

Uniden XDECT 8315Uniden XDECT 8315 + 1