3Valco Serene

3.2

22%67%11%

Ash
AshSydney

Loved it!' (for the first few weeks!)

Tried out this chair in the baby shop and absolutely fell in love. Got it home and after a few weeks it started squeaking really loud than out of no where felt like it was going to fall apart. Had it replaced and the new one is doing the exact same thing after 3 weeks. Disappointing considering you are supposed to be relaxing with Bub in it.

ReneeNewcastle, NSW6 posts

tez4 posts

Horrible!

I bought one of these to use with my new born baby. I paid $449.95. It was really nice to use for the first month. From then on it became squeaky and the rocking motion in the chair became 'lumpy' so to speak. Also the padding beneath the buttocks has become quite hard and flat! Also the material has split on the right hand side of the arm rests. The lever to recline the chair is also extremely difficult to use whilst sitting. It is now four months old and I am left with a horrible squeaking chair. I am taking it back to the store to hopefully be replaced. At the least repaired. Would much prefer my money back!!
Swivel and reclining action.
Quality
Geo
GeoSydney, NSW7 posts

Sweaks a lot

We bought this glider after trying it out in the shop. It is comfy and was great to begin with....then it started sweaking. It got louder and louder. We took it back and replaced it. It has started to happen again and this time it is louder. We are going to take it back and replace it with another brand. For the cost you wouldn't expect it to do that.
Comfy to sit in
Sweaks loudly!
Julie
JulieBrisbane21 posts

Ok but not worth the money

Purchased at baby warehouse on sale for $429. Chair I tried in store was fantastic however when I got my chair home it was anything but. Inaccurate instructions made it difficult to assemble, excess stitching hanging out and a lot less cushioning than the chair I tried in store. There are a lot of other cheaper chairs that will give you the same level of comfort.
Could get it in black.
Overpriced, looks/feels cheaply made.
Kyles85
Kyles85AU2 posts

Comfortable but not durable

My husband bought this chair for me when I came home from hospital with my newborn and she is now 10 weeks old and the chair has been great up until a week ago... It started to creak, which I could've put up with but the ball bearings are now destroyed. So now I'm left with a chair that creaks and wobbles when I rock it. In hindsight we should've just bought a chair for durability rather than looks but I would've thought with the amount of money we did spend it should've lasted a lot longer than this.
Comfortable
Expensive considering it doesn't last long without creaks starting
Valco Baby
Valco Baby   DM
Little_O
Little_OMetropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts

Good chair, but not great quality

Bought this chair for feeding with my first child 19 months ago. Very comfortable, easy to clean. It's a little on the large side so for a newborn I needed to add pillows to get comfortable. As baby got older though it worked well with the extra space.

Around the 12 month mark the leatherette started to crack and split, so now the chair looks worse for wear and it needs a cover. Very disappointing considering the cost! Could have bought a cheaper chair with better longevity. Also, it does a develop a squeak which isn't ideal for rocking baby in. Now using it for baby number 2, pity it hasn't kept its appearance.
Easy to clean and comfortable. Looks great when new.
Not great quality for price

Guppie
GuppieWA, 606214 posts

Valco Baby
Valco Baby   DM
bluebell2011
bluebell2011AU23 posts

Wish I'd bought one sooner

I wanted a glider chair since before my son was born. Now he's almost 1 and finally I have one!! I wish I had bought one sooner, as it would've made breastfeeding so much easier. I tried out all of the glider chairs in the store (as you do), and there was only one that was more comfortable, but came only in brown material. The Serene in black leather is comfy and easy to keep clean. Although the piping on the edge of the arms digs in a bit when you rest on them, I have solved this problem simply by putting a towel or a soft blanket over it.
Comfy. Reclines and rocks smoothly
The trim of the arms is a bit uncomfortable