Valco Seville

See the Best Gliders in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Valco Baby

Sim1here
Sim1hereSydney, NSW

Valco Seville

This Velcro chair is pretty comfortable for feeding and the fabric wears alright over time and is easy to clean. The deep pockets do come in handy. But we found over a few months the rocking make an odd clicking sound and felt less sturdy than in the early days. It no longer stays completely in the upright position and slowly slips out of it. We tried tightening the screws etc, but it didn't make a difference unfortunately. We moved it to the spare room and it's now used about 10 minutes a day.

Purchased in February 2020 at Baby Bunting.

Kevin
KevinIllawarra, NSW

Valco Seville Glider fabric fabric peeling

Purchase this Valco Seville Glider and Foot Rest for long term investment for my wife. After 2 years, the fabric started peeling. The Seat is away from direct sun light.

Don't know if its an known issue but very disappointed.

Jennifer M.South East Queensland, QLD

Material peeling.

At first I loved my chair! I loved the fact it reclines and its so comfortable. But after being put in storage after the use of my first child I pulled it out and the material had all started to bubble on the bum and arm rests. Now just 2 months into being used again it looks like this. Absolutely atrocious considering the amount I paid for this product!

Purchased in February 2018 at Baby Bunting for $350.00.

Jennifer M.

Valco contacted and basically told me I have to purchase new cushions for my chair. So out of pocket more money for something that shouldn't have broken when it hasnt been misused.

JessMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Comfy and does the job

Purchased in November 2019.

Hi Jess.
Great to hear you are enjoying the Valco Baby Seville glider.
We recommend you lubricate each moving part of the glider with silicone spray every so often to keep it all in tip top shape.
Hope this helps:)

Jess

Thank you! I’ve been meaning to do it since I purchased it but only remember every time I sit it in. It’s about to get used a whole lot more so I’m sure I won’t forget!

razanmahbub
razanmahbubSydney, NSW

This should recalled

when you try to stand up from lying position, it will come with you, it literally fell over my pregnant wife. The base has no weight and it turns over with you while get up

Purchased in March 2019 at Baby Kingdom for $269.00.

Hello.
I am sorry to hear this is happening.
Please contact me on (03) 958 18034 and I will be able to assist you further.

Vinnie.T
Vinnie.TPerth, WA

Comfortable and our Son likes it at sleep time

Am2Brisbane

Pathetic excuse for material

I bought this chair in 2012 and used it for a maximum of 9 months. It was then stored in a room not being used for 4 years until we were blessed with another child. I went to use it and on the first day noticed the material had started to disintegrate. 1 week later and the material has peeled off that much it is unsellable. I had bought this item new thinking it was a good investment. I was wrong. I only wished I had researched this product prior to purchasing

You can contact Valco and they will over replacement covers at a price that is close to the original purchase price. Interesting that they should also need to sell replacment covers!

Very disappointed

Am2

The baby product awards for 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-baby-product-awards-for-2020

Do not buy. Chair is dangerous.

At first I thought this chair was great but after three uses it started making terrible noises when rocking. Bits of metal and eventually ball bearings fell out making the chair unusable and dangerous. The problem is the bearings can jump over the nuts on each of the joints (the nuts are too small and the design bad), destroying the bearings before separating entirely.

Other Gliders

Terrible fabric and squeaks, but love the rocking with the foot stool

This has been a great chair for breastfeeding and reading, but it is a shame the fabric wears away so easily. Every time we use the chair we end up with tiny bits of black all over us and it's tough to clean off. Covering the chair with a blanket helps but is dangerous to then rock in. Very disappointed in that given these aren't exactly cheap. The chair also squeaks a bit as I rock, I can find the odd angle that is quiet and my bub sleeps pretty well but it is annoying.

Doesnt last

Ive Only had the chair for a few months and it makes terrible noises when rocking back and forth i cant rock baby to sleep in it anymore clunks with every rock i loved it otherwise it has just worn out way to quickley for something that was $400 not very happy with quality

Poor quality, wears out within 2 months

At first we loved this chair - it was comfy & soothed baby to sleep. But within 2 months of normal use, the cheap bearings in this chair had worn so that they "clunk" with every, "glide" rousing baby instead. It can no longer be used for purpose. Don't waste your money! Or buy something better quality rather than having to spend your money twice to replace it!!

Honest1
Honest1

Dangerous

After only 3-4 months - I have the receipt, ball bearings and small Sharp metal shavings coming out of swivel bolts, recommend by something different with different swing assembly this us super dodge and going back to store. Hopefully we can get something different this time 3 more words here
It was comfortable but not reliable

Kwiller
KwillerManoora

Still unsure

We sat in this before we purchased it and loves it. When we took it home it was so difficult to put together, the 2 main brackets that you you have to screw together didn't match up and were too far away to screw in, so had a lot of trouble getting that together. Worked great the first couple of times I rocked in it, but now when I rock it's not smooth almost like your running over something each time, this is super irritating & I opt for the couch instead!
Comfortable, easy to clean material
Difficult to put together and perhaps the 'non-smooth rocking' has something to do with that

hughlim
hughlim

Good only for the first baby

keishu
keishu

I wasn't going to get a rocker as I thought my lovely lounge chair would do the job - thank god I got one! This has been the most important purchase in the baby process and I will probably keep it after the bub is older. On a cost per use basis this is the best value around.
This was an absolute godsend!! The Seville is wider in the seat than the Relax Glider and a little more comfy. Pockets on the sides allow you to store bibs and wipes. The reclining action is perfect for when you need to get some shut eye whilst rocking your little baby.
Can go off balance if you rock too hard and rotate at the same time.