Squeaks

I have had our Zen glider for 10 months. For the last 3 months it has been squeaking which is really annoying at night feeds which wakes the baby doing the total opposite so basically I can't use the chair. We have oiled it & it still does it. I thought for the price, looks it would be a great chair. Now looking at other reviews it not just mine. Very disappointed.

I LOVE this chair!

This has been such a comfy chair. We bought the white one on sale and it looks beautiful in the nursery. It has been so great for breastfeeding and bottle feeding. The arm rest's are the perfect height. The pading is great. Still using it for my 1 and half year old and will be using for next bubs. Still in perfect condition.
Easy to get in and out of, very relaxing to sooth baby and so nice to put my feet up at the end of the day, have a cuddle and a rock.

Such poor quality

If you plan on actually using this chair daily to rock your baby to sleep look elsewhere. After a couple of months it started to make a squeeking crunching noise. We oiled it, and ended up discovering that it was actually falling apart! We continued to use it whilst Valco organized a replacement frame which took two weeks (kinda annoying, don't see why we couldn't just have a new item from our local baby bunting, but I guess they only wanted to replace the frame and not the fabric) and guess what, four weeks later the noise starts again and it's breaking again in the exact same way. Valco offered to Serene model instead and I said no way I want my money back. Baby Bunting were brilliant through the whole ideal though, very professional.

Hi, we apologize that you have had a negative experience with one of our products and are satisfied with the outcome in the end.

A Lemon From The Get Go

Was meant to arrive a month before due date. Came six weeks after our son was born.
Box labelled black. Was brown leather. Leather backrest zipper broken from factory. No side skirts in package. Bar on the side has now broken 5 months in. Chair clunks and noisy. Very disappointed!

Hi Andy, Thanks for taking the time to review our product. We are sorry to hear that you have not been satisfied with your purchase. The faults you are describing seem to be quite unusual. Please give us a call on 1300-0-VALCO perhaps we can rectify your experience with the Zen Glider.

Do not buy

We bought this glider hoping it would last through all our kids. Our first baby is 10 months old and this chair is falling apart. The leather is peeling away, the chair squeaks, and some piece actually broke off the bottom the other day. I'm pretty disappointed as this chair didn't even last us a year, it was really expensive and now we have to buy another one.

Hi MKS We're sorry to hear that you haven't had a completely satisfactory experience with your Zen glider. Perhaps you could give us a call and we will see how we can help you out. Our number is 1300 0 VALCO. So I rang and rang and rang and finally had to resort to email. Of course I don't still have my receipt for something I bought a year ago so no help there

So comfy

I had so many people recommend that I get a glider when I had my first baby and after much research I bought the Valco Zen and definitely made the right choice. Not only is it great for all sizes (I am a teeny 5ft and Hubby is a tall 6ft 2) but the comfort levels are wonderful. So soft and plush, easy to clean and maintain. Just remember to oil the joints as like all joints they will squeak which isn't awesome for a sleeping baby.
Incredibly comfortable
Expensive

Good

I've only had this chair for a few weeks now but I have had no problems with it. Easy to assemble, easy to get in and out of the chair. Not sure if it's just me but the padding on the back of the chair doesn't really support the back of my head easily. Still extremely comfortable though and I'm sure to use it post baby.
Only regret is not looking around for other options as this was a very expensive chair compared to other models.
Very comfortable chair, handy pockets on the sides of the chair.
Very expensive!